KWA KRISS VECTOR GBB

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys its airsoft, not shooting real steel and be a super secret SEAL squirrel operator. If you like to full auto dump all your mags in a game that doesn't make it wrong in any way. This stupid "full a

well the bits from KWA arrived monday. (6 days from order to door!!!) IT IS ALIVE! also, 7 screws and a push pin. thats it. everything out of the upper.

Too late to edit my last post, but just so that a fair representation is given.   Responded to my email incredibly quickly (considering the time difference) and has offered to knock up my 5 pouches

Posted Images

I had the Wii tech nozzle for the MP9 and it had a critical flaw. The pin that holds the rocket valve into the nozzle was pushed on from one side and glued. It could not be pushed out of the nozzle, there wasn't even a hole to fit a drift into. When the rocket valve broke due to the stem being too thin (almost immediately) I could not replace it. In the end I had to drill a hole in the side of the nozzle to get a drift in there to drive out the old pin then repair the metal and fit the original KWA pin so the nozzle would hold a rocket valve again. That would be beyond the average airsofter's capabilities. In my opinion - junk.

• Like 1

However, and sorry if this has been covered already, didn't remember seeing it, the charging handle on it seems seriously stiff.

Are you pulling it with your finger tucked into the "hinge"? so you are pulling from the part of the handle that's closest to the gun rather than the end, for me it's quite easy to pull it back if I do it that way, but if I pull the outer part of the handle, it feels like I might snap the handle before it moves. 

Regarding that broken loading nozzle:

-get broken tab and drill 3/4 way through middle parallel to nozzle. If tab is lost, find/make suitably sized replacement out of ABS

-drill broken nozzle surface about 2x length of hole drilled in broken tab

-find suitably sized high carbon steel wire (can salvage a safety pin for this)

-after dry fitting steel wire pin, roughen both sides with sand paper put superglue on one end and immediately jam into broken tab

-put superglue on other side of pin and immediately jam into broken nozzle surface

-wait till dry then file/sand smooth the joint

edit:

When I do the above repair, I use a 1mm drill bit, 1mm tempered carbon wire and industrial cyanoacrylate.

Edited by renegadecow
  • Like 1

Regarding that broken loading nozzle

Thanks renegadecow, I've got some plastruct (they are abs I think) with araldite and piano wires at home, will give it a go and see how it holes up! will probably drill two holds to stop it from rotating.. will post picture when I find time to fix it! 

Edited by blobface

Only a few mags so far through mine, but it seems nice. Heavy trigger pull and unremarkable accuracy is annoying, been spoiled by my WOC. Hopefully someone comes along with a tightbore and hop up upgrade, perhaps that'll get those groupings tighter.

What was said about the strip, oil and clean rings completely true, my carbine was pretty much bone dry out of the box (funnily enough, the opposite). A bit of oil on the trigger mech and some white lithium grease on the sides of the carrier seem to make everything nicer, the trigger is far less mushy now.

When a tightbore and hopefully, a hop up upgrade comes out- I think this'll be a full time primary. Other than those little gripes, this thing is awesome. Shoots where you point it and has a certain je-ne-sais-quois to it

Thanks renegadecow, I've got some plastruct (they are abs I think) with araldite and piano wires at home, will give it a go and see how it holes up! will probably drill two holds to stop it from rotating.. will post picture when I find time to fix it! 

Plastruct is not ABS.

I don't make em. A buddy makes pouches, chest rigs, etc....custom stuff. Not really production run items as he makes em when someone places an order for his gear. Oddly enough, most of his customers for the kriss related stuff are not from state side but from overseas.

Check his FB page out at http://www.facebook.com/HeadOnTactical ....he also has an online store up http://headontactical.storenvy.com/

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py
  • Like 1

Hmmm....for those under a budget...kriss rigs are available for under $50 (I was told).

20130212_140337_zps0dbd2b05.jpg

20130212_140452_zpsa284acba.jpg

20130212_182623_zps74064b09.jpg

plus triple kriss mag pouches....convertible retention between velcro lids and shock cord pull tabs

20130212_140211_zpsb754401f.jpg

20130212_140512_zps90193d83.jpg

Not sure who the manufacturer is of the pouch and the rig but the construction reminds me of Condor Gear.

-------------

Edit:

http://www.alpha-milsim.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=42

I didn't see this up until now....For those under a budget...

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=254_264&products_id=7006

"PRO ARMS" KRISS Chest Rig- Black $34.99

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=254_264&products_id=7005

"PRO ARMS" KRISS Chest Rig- Dark Earth $34.99

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=254_262&products_id=7008

"PRO ARMS" KRISS Triple Mag Pouch- Black $27.50

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=254_262&products_id=7009

"PRO ARMS" KRISS Triple Mag Pouch- Tan $27.50

Again, the construction of these are on par if not a smidge lower than Condor Gear. They'll work for holding magazines. 

Unfortunately, they won't take the Kydex inserts that HeadOn Tactical has for sale. I'll need to swing by the shop and pick up my rig some time...I probably won't be able to do that until the weekend or next week. :(

No doubt dude. The best thing about head on tactical is that I get exactly what im looking for in a rig. Materials and workmanship is top notch...the dude pays attention to everything he makes and it shows.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Are you pulling it with your finger tucked into the "hinge"? so you are pulling from the part of the handle that's closest to the gun rather than the end, for me it's quite easy to pull it back if I do it that way, but if I pull the outer part of the handle, it feels like I might snap the handle before it moves. 

yup, saw that advice earlier on.

I popped a fair bit of oil in it, seems as though the bolt is fine but the charging handle is still stiff :/

I also installed the dangerwerx nozzle, it was 1 degree last weekend and on propane it chrono'd at 240 :/  Also only seemed to be able to shoot half a mag before running out of gas :(  Mate had his, running stock on ultra gas, doing 290ish, ran fine for the whole morning.

I also installed the dangerwerx nozzle, it was 1 degree last weekend and on propane it chrono'd at 240 :/  Also only seemed to be able to shoot half a mag before running out of gas :(  Mate had his, running stock on ultra gas, doing 290ish, ran fine for the whole morning.

Well, mine broke before I could finish one mag, dodgy nozzle... and my friend's was venting badly, granted it was 2 degree, tricked by the sunny day thinking it was going to be warm... not even close. 

you mean abbey predator ultra gas? Sounds good to me...

Yeah that stuff. I prefer to try and run everything on propane so I don't have to buy different gases.

However, just stripped it all the way and regreased, still only getting 2/3 of a mag shot before it runs out of gas, was, room temp mag as well. I'm gonna put the stock nozzle back in tonight and test to see if that's why it's not working properly.

If that's not it, then I dunno :-\

Nice rig snoopy, will probably order one of them at some point