Designing a 10" Full Slide Desert Eagle - Resident Evil Style

bankz5152

Hey Chaps,

Since I saw the 10" full slide from Laylax it screamed Resident Evil, more preciselyUmbrella Corp. So I have set about designing my self one.

Its going to be based off my 6" Guarder/TM Desert Eagle which actually solves an issue I have right now.. My front slide is broken :( At the moment I have to glue it down every couple months for it to work! The 10" full slide solves this.

My 6" is electroplated chrome and the 10" front end is black so to compensate im going to make all the controls black (slide stop already done, original failed..) and considering taking the unique saftey controls off my 2010 Leon custom Desert Eagle and making them black.

As for grips ive got two thoughts -

Houge finger groove grips - Comfy, black, would add to the 'two tone' effect - Already fitted, so free

If possible the I would laser engrave 'Umbrella Corp.' at the bottom, though no idea yet if this can be done.

Hogue09000.jpg

Carom Wood Grips -

Though I would have the Umbrella Logo laser engraved above the hand grooves, possibly with 'Umbrella Corp.' aswell

However they are pricey, and not totally sure they would look 'Umbrella' enough, more Racoon Police with wood grips.

Carom%20Wood%20Grip%20for%20Marui%20Dese

Whats your opinion on the grip choice?

Now heres the 10" Full Slide bit -

Knocked these up pretty quick in Illustrator, doesnt look too bad gets my point across. Yet for engraving will be made perfect.

UmbrellaDesertEagleRight.jpg

UmbrellaLeft.jpg

The design would be laser etched, on the Umbrella logo my plan was to have it etched slightly deeper so that I can paint it with red & white nail varnish, yet keeping it flush.

Found a very similar font to what is written but while it looks good small on the left side, on the right it didnt stretch enough.

I had a google but only found the one on the left side, nothing exact. If anyone can help would be awesome.

Thats almost what it would look like but chrome back slide & frame and possibly the Leon custom safteys in black.

Also adding Freedom Art Fibre Optic Sights in red, adds a little more 'Umbrella' feel I think. Usually I hate fibre optic sights as they always break, yet these (bar the front sight) actually look quite protected.

Freedom%20Art%20Night-Glow%20Sight%20Set

Internally its all done -

170% Recoil Springs - Makes it more snappy

120% Hammer - My original broke, clipped a 150%

New Rubber & H-Nub - Pushing 180ft at the minute :D

Guarder Loading Nozzle/BBU -

6" 6.01mm TB

I want to get a 10" inner yet im pretty sure they don't exist as the DE does not use VSR style hops. So the plan is a machine a standard barrel to fit, should be too hard they are not that different.

What you guys think?

Bare in mind its my own creation of what I think an Umbrella Desert Eagle would be.

Josh.

Would love one of these myself. One small point, you haven't designed a 10" Full Slide, the slide is standard, what you have is a Heavy 10" Barrell. Would look good in Silver and I would go with the Hogues with inset Umbrella Escutcheons (Cufflinks off E Bay)..

I own a TM Desert Eagle and that 10" barrel, so I can give you an idea on some of your items. The sights is a good choice, but the wood grips might not be. I'm 6'8" and my hands are just big enough for the wood grips which add a considerable amount of thickness so you want to take that into consideration. Also, the tightbore issue, you're going to have to custom cut a barrel for the 10" since the TM Desert Eagle uses a very specific cut for it's hopup. There are only 6" barrels available so get ready to do some custom cutting.

Ahh missed that. Though its not a 10" full slide, but somthing else what is a standard 10" DE? Still a heavy barrel?

Good point on the cufflinks might be worth looking into.

If it was up to me it would have no rails at all, yet its Laylax who have made this.. Im just putting the bits together and some basic etching.

Ive got a 6" with RS Houge grips, 10" with KWC Houge clone grips, had a set of Leon custom grips chunky but not bad. Also a big chap at 6'5"

Actually got a guy who is working on making a 10" TB so ill find out in the new year.

You can actually remove 3/4 of that lower rail, only about 1" will be left on the very front of the underside. There's two screws that come off to remove the section of lower rail.

Even the 10" Biohazard Desert Eagle has a 6" barrel which is kind of lame. The longest tightbore for a DE I've ever found was like 2mm longer than stock, which is not that useful. If your friend cuts tightbores for these put me down for one!

I have those on mine, I love them. I originally ordered the brown ones but they emailed and said they were sold out and only had the rose ones. I'm glad I went with the rose, they make the gun. I'm the only person I know with hands big enough to comfortably hold and use the pistol now, though.

If you're looking for well-protected fiber optic sights, I'd steer away from the Freedom Art ones. Very pretty and functional, but still pretty easy to break! I haven't used the Desert Eagle specific FA sights, but the VP70 ones I had proved quite fragile.

Archived