Dr.Arnie

at this point only the cost of the raw materials can be calculated and at that its only rough. when i last did an estimate it was for the barrel, upper reciever and cylinder and at that point it was at about £40/50. most of the cost will be in the machining and man hours to assemble it. the man hours will come from having to make sure that all the parts fit precisely and correctly. i have not factored in the costs of the o-rings and  springs yet but that shouldnt be to expensive.

the main priority for me is to not skimp on quality which will make it a bit more expensive but this is my prefectionism getting in the way. it has also be a priority since day one, that as this is esentialy a magazine fed device my aim is to make the cylinders as cheap as i can for the masses. it has always annoyed me how magazines are expensive for what they are.

one more thing to add is that the o-rings and hop rubber will be off the shelf parts as well as the barrel. again this is to keep costs down for the end user

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A design philosophy the entire f***ing industry should live by...  :angry:

exactly, thats why this gun is desgined by airsofters for airsofters. i just hope it works out otherwise we will have a lovely paper-weight! 

here is another picture plus the first again in the hopes they actualy show this time!

rexscreen3_zps90f30547.jpg

rexopen2_zps8826a80a.jpg

i understand that its a 4 inch barreled revolver, but is there any chance at 6 or even 8 inch versions? i like 4 inch revolvers, but 6 inch ones tickle my pants. longger ones offer a better platform for those crazy people who like to run pistols only.

but i guess its not bad if your using standard barrels. i could always extend the barrel and stick a suppressor on it like a chump.

I am following this with great interests.

Please, though, make it compatible with TM GBB barrels and hop-up rubbers. As long as you can make the gas system efficient and consistent, the only upgrades players will want/need will be barrels and hop-ups, and keeping them TM spec ensures a lot of parts are available and that more people will adopt your system for tinkerinkering.

thanks for the support guys.

at the moment it will remain s a 4" barrel. there was supposedly a 6" model also and there is a photo of it but the primary reason for not doing it at this stage is weight. the barrel is essentially a an inch square block of steel and makes up for half of the total weight of the gun at the moment.

Steel? Bluing?  :o 

I shall be watching this. +1 for the extended barrels, but since these will probably be made in very small runs, it would increase production cost.

If the production run shoots accurately and is relatively affordable, the airsoft world needs more people like you.

And a Colt Navy *cough*

Edit: if the gas is being held in the grip instead of the cylinder, imagine it on external air...

yep made out of steel chaps and blued :D. sadly the gas can only ever be in the cylinder for this model. 

future plans consist of a webley and a smith and wesson model 3. those desgins require us getting ahold of the actual guns, whihc is a tad hard in the uk and also tweaking the removable cylinder mech as the recievers are a lot narrower than the rex. 

honestly is does resemble an aerodynamic brick! but i love it lol

http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/61431412.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61431412/Products/20039

56 Euros seems awfully cheap, I might get in on that if it is all legit, as they are usually at least £200 here and I havn't found one for £200 in a while.

EDIT: Nevermind didn't see that its a replica, though it should still be ale to take the pressure of airsoft gas.

What you could do is to have the gas held inside the handle and then when the break action is closed, there would be a pin from the gas canister in the handle, pricking into a small reservoir inside the the cylinder. This allows for you to have multiple cylinders and when they have ran out of gas they will be refilled from the gas inside the handle.

Also: http://www.battleorders.co.uk/guns/modern-replicas/webley-mk-iv-revolver-g1119-1.html

Atleast you would know that is legal because they sell in in the UK, if a few bob more expensive.

Right, but with gas in the handle it's a lot less skirmishable because now you're limited by the gas capacity of the handle, instead of the amount of cylinders you're carrying. I don't think you'd be able to get too many shots off of a handle reservoir - at least, definitely not as much as having 6 or 7 cylinders with gas in them.

not a bad link thanks for the link darklite.

in answer to your question voxcaster, it probably wouldn't be to hard at all. the thought had crossed my mind. there would be a few issues to sort out, such as the mechanism to hold them in place with in the receiver, I'm already trying to come around that. the luxury with the rex is the huge amount of space on offer. the webley and model 3 are a lot more confined. 

the downside of them being universal would be the aesthetics as each revolvers cylinder is slightly different in terms of the flutes, diameter length etc. it would mean that some replicas wouldn't be strict 1:1 but if people are willing to sacrifice ease of use for this then it can be done.

sorry long winded answer there

bugger, looks like weve been beaten to it! oh well

thanks for all the links guys.

sadly slatering that wouldnt work as the main reason for this design is to limit the amount of seals through and through and improve gas efficiency. each cylinder has approximately 40 shots per gas charge so excess gas isnt a problem. its just a bit more capacity then a hi-capa magazine

Not quite. That's a Japanese Type 26 by HWS, a PEGASUS refit of their cap firing version. People are only wishing it was a Webley/Enfield.

I believe he meant the Pegasus Cylinder System, ie. gas and BBs in quick-swappable cylinder. I think Tanaka had Detachable Cylinder SAA's in this system, too?

Archived