Dr.Arnie

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be the ideal way in making it, but if they're really pressed for funds and couldn't retool for a whole new frame, they could machine a POM green gas tank that fits where the CO2 powerlet goes plus maybe filling a little more of the grip space just to maximize gas capacity as the volume of a CO2 powerlet alone is only good for 20-30 green gas shots on an NBB doing about 300fps.

well good news!! there is no CO2 cylinder as the actual bullet cylinder is acting as the gas reservoir. We were trying to build it to withstand 800PSI it will take GG just as well and with some tweaking will do the same FPS so you can use GG, CO2, butane, Propane or even oxyacetylene if your really adventurous (just don’t stand near me haha)

thats whats making this project "intresting" AND A PAIN IN THE *albatross*!!!!! but it shall be done!! and im working on a speed loader for it and as requested multiple barrell lengths RIS rails the whole sebang!! just dont drop it on your foot haha

we think we have taken alot of bits of here and the steel one will be knocked on the head will be made from Alu 6061 with a bit of luck with a plastic one as well with a Ali cylinder as the cylinders will be buyable too (go you can go around with 10 like a bauws!!!) and we want to make those as cheap as possible

I'd like a little more detail on the gas reservoir, if you don't mind. Unregulated CO2 is about 800PSI at room temperature which would lead to drastically different performance than filling the same reservoir with green gas (~105PSI). If you have a regulator tuned for 100PSI then green gas and CO2 would both work equally well, but a regulator that can handle that wide a pressure range doesn't seem like it'd be cheap or small enough to fit in the cylinder.

Sadly we will not release any more info on the design, you will have to use what's been said before. The Cylinder will use standard fill valve so you'll need an appropriate adaptor to use CO2. We will have no idea how it will perform yet so CO2 may be to ott for most sites. We have just designed it to take these pressures so we know it to be safe.

Sadly there's to many eager eyes out there wanting to see what the little guy has designed and claim it as there own and I will not let this happen in the mean time. RC can vouch for that.

As for the materials, Ali is t he only bet at the moment as steel will double the production costs, we will have to work around it but if you want to have a steel one made (those that want to pay more) then the price tag will be one where around £3500 all in, multiple orders will bring it down obviously but how much is uncertain at the moment. As for plastic, it would be so nice to have it as it would make it very affordable but in order to do this it would cost about £90-£120,000 fit the moulds. I'm trying to exhaust all possibilities but my other business is requiring more funds ATM so things are going to go a bit slow for the time being.

Feel free to ask any more questions

• 1 month later...

hi all, its been a while and time for some updates. and its good news!

after much deliberation we have gone down the route of 3d printing the intial prototype (at least some parts). this is to reduce the initial cost to see if parts work etc.

and more good news! we have acquired our first parts! we have just got the barrels, thats right barrels! weve decided to try several lengths, so theres a flavour for everyone. theres the standard 4 inch, a 2.5 inch and an 8 inch barrel!

my apologies for the photos but lighting etc was not on my side for the later lol

so here are some pictures: - 

here are the three different sizes in raw form (for some reason we have 2 of the 2.5 O_o): - 

IMG_0716_zps6ddb8ede.jpg

trio1_zpsd00f8cbd.jpg

trio2_zpsff8e48f5.jpg

8inch_zps77caa162.jpg

82_zps542df20d.jpg

4inch_zps3b057d55.jpg

42_zps22c9c397.jpg

25_zps5fbd604f.jpg

252_zps6f84d81b.jpg

and here are the barrels after some finishing work (sanding and undercoat): - 

IMG_0725_zps6720ee72.jpg

IMG_0728_zps24fcd032.jpg

IMG_0729_zpse2b6e744.jpg

IMG_0733_zps9f832508.jpg

IMG_0734_zps91aeffaf.jpg

IMG_0735_zps6fc184fb.jpg

please feel free to ask any questions. 

the barrels will be interchangeable otherwise it would make manufacturing at any level more expensive but as for available seperatly we will have to see. as a business it is not beneficial to do so.

as for the cylinders it will be easy enough to have them not fluted. the working prototype wont have them just to keep things simple so will see peoples reactions then.

• 1 month later...

just to say hi and that were not dead (yet) we have had a lot on our plate including planning for a wee baby so unfortunatly the rex took a back seat we will not be put of and this project WILL be finished and finished well! hope we have summot for you guys soon!

• 1 month later...

Well this would cater to half your needs (ish) it will only have 6 shots but the mag will hopefully hold enouph gas for 30ish. although there will be no individual cases the cylinder is designed to be removed for quick reloads meaning less dropped shells (we've all done it) and more killing so its not a hollywood style massive mag gun but a realistic modern 6 shooter with the satisfaction of a break barrel

Edit noticed you'd changed your comment just as i posted haha sorry

Well this would cater to half your needs (ish) it will only have 6 shots but the mag will hopefully hold enouph gas for 30ish. although there will be no individual cases the cylinder is designed to be removed for quick reloads meaning less dropped shells (we've all done it) and more killing so its not a hollywood style massive mag gun but a realistic modern 6 shooter with the satisfaction of a break barrel

Edit noticed you'd changed your comment just as i posted haha sorry

The thread was two pages longer than I thought and my post was irrelevant to current affairs, sorry for editing it.

Archived