Dr.Arnie

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as of yet it is a true unknown as awaiting pricing for machining etc. but we are trying to make it cost effective to start with. we dont want it to be too rediculous either. investment will lower the price but thats a way off yet.

on another note to create a cheaper alternative i have spoken to my cousin who is in the plastics trade so we may be able to make a cheaper part plastic alternative. i know that all metal will always be the most desirable but this is a back up should the unit cost be ridiculous when all out of steel. after all knowone has made a true all steel revolver yet :P                                                          

Perhaps a high grade aluminum might be a good alternative to steel should the unit price become too high. Something like an aluminum body with steel internal parts. It might also be more desirable in terms of weight, as a steel revolver would likely be quite heavy.

It's more skirmishable than 95% of other revolvers seeing as you're not limited by the amount of gas in your handle.

I dunno. On average gas revolvers will hold enough gas for at least about 24 shots or 6x4 reloads (larger revolvers will hold 40-60 shots worth). On models that have detachable shells like Marushin X Cartridges that's about $30 per set of 6 shells plus the cost of the speed loader if you should choose employ one: $10 for 2x Speed Strips and about $12-$18 for speed/jet loaders. Wanting more shots and you'd need to fill up using a gas can. How this will fair against them would be determined by the cost of the extra cylinders.

YOU of all people are suggesting alluminum over steel?

From wikipedia:

"composite bottom frame consisting of steel with a polymer envelope."

Which I suppose it means that having a polymer frame will be forgivable, like how TM 5-7s are plastic. Also the real Rex only weighs .9kg, a good 300-400g lighter compared to other conventional medium framed full steel revolvers. Using a heavyweight composite material should get it to that weight easy enough.

when I meant skirmishability, I was referring about the fact that a revolver user will be facing players with 24 or more (my glock AEP holds about 100) rounds. TM revolvers IIRC hold about 24 BBs in the drum, putting it in the same terms as any standard 1911, M9, Glock... 6 shots puts the player in a serious dissadvantage

Looks good, and i hope it all goes well.

From a skirmishability viewpoint though, consider the cost of reloads. 6 shots is all very well and good, but if each cylinder costs £30 then thats a LOT to have the same firepower as a normal pistol.

I think the ideal price for spare cylinders would be under £25, perhaps £17 or under for plastic skirmish focused one... Anything more than that and for a skirmish pistol you'll lose out to standard magazine based pistols which offer more 'bang for the buck'

£25- 30 is pretty normal for a GBB mag and the shot difference isn't huge. if people are going to say it unskirmishable then you guys arn't playing right because i take an old TM m9 or a trishot agains aegs, so just because your mags are expensive and you have 3 less shots than a 1911 doesn't mean its not skirmishable.

barley getting 6 shots from a full gas load and having the range of a spit  THAT makes a gun unskirmishable.

ps. put me down for 1 XD love it also want one with a 6'' barrel and railzorz

A trishot has 10 shots, wide spread and is terrific in CQB without bushes around, the M9 has at least three times more shots, dont know the exact number. Certainly most of the performance comes from the shooter but saying 6rds Vs 24rds is not a disadvantage is not seeing the reality

Dont take me wrong, I like revolvers and this is looking great, im just leaving my two cents worth of feedback

From my experience the only way to tip the scale in favor of a revolver despite having 6 rounds (or less) is performance. Taking careful shots at a fair distance will be no different from say using a bolt action sniper rifle and you can easily top off without having to reload the whole cylinder. CQB however is something else entirely but all it really means is getting good at quick reloads or even quicker New York reloads.

i'm not saying that 6 shots per mag isnt skirmishable, far from it. i'm just saying that when its £30 for a 24 round 1911 mag, if somebodys buying it as a skirmish weapon, reloads better make it worth it. 

Also yes, £25 - 30 is normal for a gbb mag, but this wont be a normal gbb magazine. 

Lets face the facts, it holds less roads, and is more tricky to actually reload than a standard semi-auto. People who want to buy it because its an MP4-12 will buy it and be content. people who want it as a skirmish pistol (i'd be among them, LOVE revolvers) will want it to be cost effective.

Renegadecow is right, for 6 rounds it needs to be a nail driver. In a perfect world, the RRP would be under £200, and come with a spare cylinder. I stand by by earlier comments about cylinder/magazine prices.

Good luck! and the more pictures and renderings the better :D

Since the cylinders are meant to be hot-swapped, what if the cylinders used something similar to the Pegasus system to have a mini low-cap magazine under the outer rotating cylinder body? (Since the cylinder only really needs enough gas for one or two cylinders instead of 50 shots, like a Tanaka)

It might also be more desirable in terms of weight, as a steel revolver would likely be quite heavy.

In a world where almost all airsoft revolvers are ABS, heavy is desirable.

From a skirmishability viewpoint though, consider the cost of reloads. 6 shots is all very well and good, but if each cylinder costs £30 then thats a LOT to have the same firepower as a normal pistol.

Revolvers don't have the same firepower as a semi-auto, both in the real world and in airsoft. Many airsoft revolvers use the multi-BB-per-cylinder system but by and large it's their weakpoint, being a serious performance restriction as well as quite fragile. Plus, let's be realistic about what this pistol is for...

Lets face the facts, it holds less roads, and is more tricky to actually reload than a standard semi-auto. People who want to buy it because its an MP4-12 will buy it and be content. people who want it as a skirmish pistol (i'd be among them, LOVE revolvers) will want it to be cost effective.

If you want your pistol to be cost-effective, you make as much of it as you can out of ABS and you make it a semi-automatic. This pistol isn't about being cost effective, because it's a largely steel, low-volume production, unpopular design. If you want an effective skirmish pistol, buy a TM HiCapa and be happy. In fact, if you want an effective skirmish revolver, there are others to choose from too. Therefore, I don't think the build quality of this pistol - particularly of the magazines - should be compromised to bring them down to a stupidly low price just to temporarily satisfy people who want to have overwhelming firepower on the cheap.

thanks for all the feed back guys, its much appreciated. 

i understand what has been said however the purpose of this reloading system is to improve the skirmish ability of the revolver as a whole.

yes it only holds 6 rounds at a time compared to a 24 round tm revolver, but to me this isnt a concern. if only having 6 shots is that much of a concern to you then this gun is not for you. our current projections suggest that the total capacity of each cylinder should yield apron 30 shots, yes it involves reloading the cylinder but when you factor in a couple of cylinders this is quickly negated.

the reason for sticking with 6 shots is out of simplicity. multiple shot revolvers often sacrifice gas seal and efficiency for multiple shots. the tanaka pegasus system has 24 shots but there gas seal system is not the best due to its method of operation. the tm system uses multiple stacked bb's with in each cylinder chamber and then a reservoir within the handle, this therefore means a seal between the back and the front of the cylinder as well as a long journey for the gas. 

our system only has one seal between the cylinder and the barrel and there the gas will only have to travel 4.5mm before interacting with the bb.

the soul purpose for this system is to provide an efficient system. we have yet to test it so performance is unknown as of yet

as for the cost, this is an unknown as of this moment. i understand that people will want a cheaper magazine but this has to be within the real world. i do not have the £100,000 to acquire the correct cnc machine that will make the gun cheap for everyone. for a period of time this will be an expensive piece as far as pistols go but consider what you are getting with that;

'a one of a kind pistol that is cnc machined from solid bars of steel to a tolerance of 0.01mm. it is hand built ensuring all parts work correctly and perfectly.'

as far as magazine costs go, they may have less active shots then a semi-auto, but a semi-auto magazine doesn't look this good! so much more has gone into designing this cylinder.

i shall be trying my best to keep the final costs down but naturally it will be higher than the norm and the true cost wont be apparent for some time. no manufacturer is offering what we are offering in terms of uniqueness and quality. we have much to work out before we get to the sales stage.

granted this system isnt going to be everyones cup of tea and i respect that, things like this are like marmite! sadly the way we have gone is the best thing available for this system so we are pretty stuck with it for the mean time.

pleas keep the comments coming guys, they are much appreciated.

the tanaka pegasus system has 24 shots but there gas seal system is not the best due to its method of operation.

You may be mistaking that for another system. Tanaka PEGASUS revolvers only hold up to 14 with the exception of some SAA models where more bbs (up to 18 total) can be stored in the ejection rod housing. Bbs are stored like a rotary magazine and only load empty chambers when they come into alignment. The valve itself sits directly behind the chambered bb and the forcing cone has an o-ring seal against the cylinder. IMO they have the best gas efficiency among gas revolvers.

Archived