Warrior L96 & TM Detonics .45 Combat Master

Silent_Assassin

Ok so the Warrior L96 is a bit of an unfinished project, however I've got all the parts to finish it.

I bought the rifle none working as the hop rubber had torn and so I've replaced the chamber (ASPUK), rubber and barrel (std AEG), but I haven't got it to feed properly. I believe it just needs a little filing to get everything lining up properly or possibly the ASPUK cylinder head fitting, either way it should be an easy/cheap fix.

Other than that the gun is in great shape. It is two tone but the previous owner completely wrapped it in olive camo tape so the only visible green paint is inside the mag well (which you can't see with the mag in anyway).

Obviously if it was in perfect working order then it'll be worth a lot more, but in it's current state I'd want around £100. Is this too much to ask for? Bearing in mind that the ASPUK hop unit costs £40, and that's if you can find it in stock anywhere. I also have the original box.

The TM Detonics .45 Combat Master (Enviro Hard Chrome) is virtually brand new with only a handful of mags shot through it, and comes with the original box, etc. Again there are 3 issues to be addressed:-

1. The rear of the slide is cracked from when it hit the ground after somehow escaping my holster.

2. Part of the "Enviro Hard Chrome" has been scuffed showing a very small amount of black plastic underneath (caused during the above).

3. The slide stop part has been broken (I tried to use it on a Para Ord and failed!), but I believe these can be bought pretty cheap either new or second hand. It doesn't affect the firing of the pistol provided that it has a mag in. Again if I can find one myself I'll buy it and up the price.

Due to the damage to the slide this'll be perfect for transplanting into a full metal kit which'll then have quality TM internals. Or you can even epoxy the damage and paint it. Brand new it cost me £120 so would £80 be a fair price?

Let me know your thoughts. I'll post up pics tomorrow.

unfortunately in the state the detonics isn't worth that much at all, a new slide stop is £14 I believe, but new slides are a pain, replacement metal ones are expensive and orignal plastic ones are quite uncommon for a detonics, much more common for full size 1911's though. As for wear and tear, that's just normal and doesn't affect value beyond collectors.

I'd put a more reaslistic valuation around for 30-45 mark with the damage on the detonics and sadly I feel I'm being a little optimistic there, 

Warrior L96? probably around the £60 mark, but, probably if you're going for maximum return, split the hop unit etc and sell the 2-tone (as that's what's really dragging down the price) separately.

Thanks for the reply WhiteHawksan. For what I can get for the Detonics compared to what I paid I think I'll keep it as a back up pistol. I've ordered a new slide stop from Elite Shooting Centre which as you said cost £14, and I'm gonna give it a coat of matt black paint. That should give it a good worn metal effect with use ;)

As for the L96 ill have to weigh up my options. I haven't really tried sniping before other than borrowing a friends rifle and a short scout sniper course a few years ago. We'll see.

Again thanks for your input :)

not a problem, the reason the detonics goes so low is that the problem with 'sold as spares/repairs' means that any other problems that may arise but aren't described (either through dishonesty or genuinely unknown) puts a lot of risk on the buyer. Try Z1 for the sniper, might get a reasonable price there. Arnies can be a tough market :P

I posted the same topic on the Z1 forum and I've had an offer of £50 with the gun as is  :) However as I've already ordered the parts to fix it I'm gonna keep it as a spare and possibly use it to sweeten a trade. 

Again I'm not sure what to do with the L96. There is a wanted thread for one but their budget is £80 and if I get it working I'd want at least £120.

Archived