Tokyo Marui HK416D

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must be a Snickers, because you satisfy me.   Marui appears to have gone through great pains to copy some of the main features of the HK416. When using the weapon these features become obvious.

Well its arrived , and is with out hesitation the best feeling AEG I've ever held ! Yes a bold statement but I really stand by it . The feel is just amazing , the weight , and just solidness to it to

Well finally got to scurmish mine today and considering its practically new out of the box and had had probably fewer than 200 BBs thought it before today , it IS the best AEG I have ever used ! The r

Posted Images

Where exactly in Afghanistan do you get EBBs!? :)

I'm clearly on the "never use another non EBB AEG" bandwagon though right now I want to learn about the AK so due to lack of funds I got a Cyma AIMS (romanian AK).

No EBB like Marui but what I lack even more is the need to charge the weapon after an empty mag :(

What intrigues me most abotu the Marui System is that we have a lot of players around Romania that are clearly cos-players, spend thousands of dollars on RS systemas or VFCs or other top dollar AEGs, but never gave thought to owning a Marui EBB :(

Not to further hijack this thread but...

People spending tons of cash on Systema PTWs with real steel accessories are in a different mindset than EBB people.

The PTW, despite all the hate against it, is still a superior platform in terms of performance.  A well tuned. highly customized AEG can compete and do better, but out of the box performance, the Systema is king.  And real steel accessories are much higher in quality and reliability, especially ones using electronics.  After moving over to real Aimpoints, I can never imagine myself going back to replicas, just no comparison.

So the PTW people pay more, for more performance.

With EBBs, you're paying more for less performance (EBB throws off your aim on full auto) and less reliability (EBB systems put lots of extra stress on gearboxes).  People still do it for the sake of "realism".

That "performance" you talk about is all in the "head",  I was there to some years ago about to purchase a systema, kinda forgot about it and just good along with well maintaining my normal AEG's, normal use with normal power levels... and guess what...

Still playing, still having fun...

I really tried to justify for myself getting one, but It's just not necessary, it just isn't...

Those "people" spending tons of cash are in a different mindset, suggest you think they think that owning better guns makes them a better player, that spending more money makes you better...

For years now we had one player who had a systema, every goddamn week he would brag about it, and every week he was the first to the safety...

One guy with a TM M16A1 is still rocking after ten years, cleans the barrel and magazines, never had it open in those ten years... still going strong

buddy has a TM ebb, never touched it, no need to... he has equal performance... and is as reliable as a Swiss watch

Whatever advantage you think you have in owning a systema or any high-end AEG is selfdelusional

I can't put it more mildly, if you honestly think that stepping unto an airsoft field with that mindset then I think you're in the wrong spot, the only thing you gain is feeding your ego more and more to bursting point...

Edited by blablabla
  • Like 1

Not to be harsh but...

First of all, what is the 'performance' we are talking about? Logically and traditionally, performance means the power to deliver a 6mm BB, grouping, rate of fire, reliability. For Milsim purpose, we also look at a system's operation and similarity to the real deal (including trigger response etc). While i have no contest to your statement that people spending $$ on RS accessories have a different mindset than other EBB people, that does not mean that particular mindset is better than other airsoft players. In fact I doubt there is a 'better' mindset at all if that is what you mean. Performance wise, I compare the TM platform with the Systema platform:

Systema PTW - it delivers a 6mm BB  power according to the cylinder installed (not a plus actually) , the groupings are top notch, rate of fire depends, reliability only moderate, operation similar to AEG except simulated bolt stop and  best trigger response among all AEG. You can also install many types of RS stuff since it runs RS dimensions but not the grip, stock tube and internal mechanism for obvious reasons. But it has no blowback, feedback what so ever for each shot. Price? 2012 version is 4 times the TM M4 SOPMOD. Parts are considerably more expensive as well.

For a Marui EBB, its power is typically below 328fps at stock  (due to japans law restriction) and upgrade to max around 400fps. Groupings are some of the best (pretty much the same as Systema), rate of fire is 14rps at stock (close to RS), excellent reliability at stock. Has more similar operation to RS since there is a simulated blowback and the bolt cover moves. Trigger response is OK similar to AEGs and there are tones of accessories available that is common with AEG.

So what can we see here? The systema is a platform that focuses on able to deliver high power shots and use of real steel accessories. It is an AEG with electrical gadgets, and does the job pretty well. Though the whole AEG generation is getting old and considering the prices its pretty steep too. On the other hand, TM Next Gen is a next level platform that tries to simulate the real steel with the balance of reliability and performance. Prices arent even close to the Systema. 

Another trivial question is do you pay more to get more performance? Does a port cover or gas tube or a buffer tube on a gun give you more performance? I doubt it. People pay more to add more to make themselves feel good, not because it does anything different that those cheaper ones made but otherwise function the same. 

What kind of mindset does people with Systema have when they are on a skirmish? From what i see, there are a few kind :1) Those that wanted a high power gun; 2) Those that wanted to cheat the power restriction rules by swapping out cylinders, 3) Those that does single shot a lot. Not saying all Systema users are cheaters, but those who cheat certainly has a tendency for it.

My $0.02

• Like 1

Typing, typing and typing..........

Stop me if this looks a little like you future.....

35988551.png

Those that remember this member may know what I mean. ;)

Sorry, continue discussing your amazing looking gun that, if it wasn't for it being an AR that I just can't hold right it would be mine by now. :P

'FireKnife'

I swear this argument happens on this forum every few weeks.

But anyway, does this gun simulate the gas piston movement like on the G36 series?

It's in the buffer tube like the previous sopmod/recce/socom/cqbr series. I dont think the gas piston moves at all on the TM 416

echigoya is out of stock! WTF 

I was ready to buy. Even ehobby is out of stock...where am i going to find this thing? 

Ginga, give me some love and help a brother out with a 416! Are there any locally in your area? 

I would worry that they might go in short supply here! When I was at echigoya last saturday they sold the three HK416s on the shelf in two hours. 

Stuff

Looking through your posts, you have one of the worst attitudes I have seen, you can either amend it or you will have to find a new forum where you can act like a superior tit and refer to other members as "kiddies and wannabes" because they disagree with you.

• Like 1

Maybe the mods can have them switch places? At least adadqgg's trolling was still remotely amusing.

That is very true, he actually had one or two members that could side with his somewhat excessive belief that JG are made of God and that trades on a gun, along with tolerances should be spot on, even if it is made in a sweatshop for all of 50p an hour wages :P.

'FireKnife'

I would worry that they might go in short supply here! When I was at echigoya last saturday they sold the three HK416s on the shelf in two hours. 

I would not worry too much. The first batch appears to have been unusually small - though whether it was down to that hiccup in production or a desire to create a little hype is neither here nor there  :D - and the n2nd lot will be here soon enough.

Our local shop got three and they vanished before the boxes hit the shelves. Though I missed out, one of my students did not. The little chap stood in the snow from 6am-11am on sale day to ensure his pick....

It is lovely, inside and out. Shoots very well and I'll certainly be digging into the second lot.

Edit: Anyone down Tokyo way had hands on the M320 yet? I'm tempted, but it seems too good to be true. :)

Edited by nautilus

I would not worry too much. The first batch appears to have been unusually small - though whether it was down to that hiccup in production or a desire to create a little hype is neither here nor there  :D - and the n2nd lot will be here soon enough.

Our local shop got three and they vanished before the boxes hit the shelves. Though I missed out, one of my students did not. The little chap stood in the snow from 6am-11am on sale day to ensure his pick....

It is lovely, inside and out. Shoots very well and I'll certainly be digging into the second lot.

Edit: Anyone down Tokyo way had hands on the M320 yet? I'm tempted, but it seems too good to be true. :)

Im curious how many units they actually produced lol. Any word when the second batch is coming around? And that m320 is already released? 

I don't know about the actual numbers, I am afraid. I all know from the local distributor is that more or less everyone - even the majors - had their initial allocations pruned. Not uncommon, I know, but this has caused a flap in the retailer press - hence the mutterings about hype.

I'm also hearing Mid Feb for a second lot, but again, this is based on nothing more concrete than a reading of retailer news sheets, not Marui releases.

I'm way out in the woods and not well informed. Tokyo/Osaka peeps might know more.