Tokyo Marui HK416D

Is TMC a reputable company? Has anyone ordered from them? I see hk at the end so I assume it is a hong kong retailer? If ginga has trouble finding one, i might consider ordering from this website. Someone stop me if I'm dealing with a terrible retailer! I have no experience with them. 650 is a lot though

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must be a Snickers, because you satisfy me.   Marui appears to have gone through great pains to copy some of the main features of the HK416. When using the weapon these features become obvious.

Well its arrived , and is with out hesitation the best feeling AEG I've ever held ! Yes a bold statement but I really stand by it . The feel is just amazing , the weight , and just solidness to it to

Well finally got to scurmish mine today and considering its practically new out of the box and had had probably fewer than 200 BBs thought it before today , it IS the best AEG I have ever used ! The r

Posted Images

i was lucky i got mine for $577 in echigoya. HK retailers are overpricing the marui products. lol

anyway here are some tiny parts which are absent in the standard sopmod version

the small gears for ambi fire selector. i was impressed. marui is so creative. 

photo1_zps56233e75.jpg

Edited by zaimon
  • Like 1

Marui's designer was very thoughtful. They reserved the space in the gearbox to allow for ambi control in the very first model of m4. Maybe someone should develop a kit that allows all m4 version to have ambi control? Can zaimon please show more photos of it? Perhaps I can machine some if no one does

Edited by Berggy
  • Like 1

20130110_121934.jpg

Tokyo Model Company has been a great store for me. Once in a while it takes a few days longer to ship but I always get what I ask for and they do their best to provide great customer service. They go to a lot of trouble for me since I'm restricted in what/how things can be shipped to me. Great store all the way!

Got the first shipment of 416 parts today. Upper receiver with RIS and outer barrel. Feels and looks solid. Amazing finish. I remember reading something about Marui saying the 416 upper isn't compatible with the standard M4 (Sopmod/Recce/Socom) lower. Mine slid on like a glove, but there is a lot of wobble between the two receivers. 416 lower definitely has some minute dimensional changes, but since mine hasn't come yet I can't verify that. I'm assuming once my 416 lower arrives it will be a solid mating with no movement of the upper per marui  quality.

I haven't put any rounds through it yet. Not really planning to, little paranoid about causing any damage, although I can't really see how it would cause many or any problems.

I wonder if the RIS doesn't fit properly (maybe word is tightly) because the M4 doesn't have the notch in the upper receiver rail. I just noticed yesterday while playing with mine that the RIS has a tab-like extension on the receiver end that sits flush into a corresponding u-shape cut out on the top rail of the receiver. Sorry, on the train so can't snap a photo... That would surely help make sense of this description :)

I don't recall this on the M4 and might affect fit.

What's the optic on that? Looks unusual! 

It's a Primary Arms Micro Dot with removable base and a PA QD riser mount. Primary Arms makes some clones of Aimpoint optics, the T1 micro, M2/3, and CompM4. Not as Gucci as the real stuff but then again, not as expensive. Wish I could afford real Aimpoints, although I'm a bit of hypocrite since I'm acquiring some real Eotechs. Then again, how many decent eotech replicas are out there? Its a fantastic optic, especially for the money. Ironically the sweet mounts from American Defense, Larue, KAC cost more than the optic itself.

My Recce blew out my Hurricane 553 clone and a friends. Our buddy steered us towards PA optics and things have been all good since. Great option for low cost, sturdy Aimpoint style optics that are RS ballistics capable so you know a GBB or EBB won't wreck it. Made in China, sold in the US, and apparently quite popular cause they seem to sell out fast. I'm sure theres someone else with better knowledge of the brand than me who could give better background though. I'd rather spend $100-150 on a solid RS optic than a titty-*albatross* clone with all the right markings but will take a dump on my ebb.

as long as nothings new with the receiver threads or barrel mountings I'd have thought Ris yes barrel no .

The M27 rail will only fit the newest versions of the VFC/Umarex HK 416's, it definitely doesn't fit WE, Hurricane or the older VFC HK 416's. Whether it will fit the TM one is anybodies guess until someone tries it. The barrel piece is CCW threaded.

He's rogered then !

The M27 rail will only fit the newest versions of the VFC/Umarex HK 416's, it definitely doesn't fit WE, Hurricane or the older VFC HK 416's. Whether it will fit the TM one is anybodies guess until someone tries it. The barrel piece is CCW threaded.

He's rogered then ! ;-)

• Like 1

Quick field report...

Awesome, but nothing new.

The gun fires, operates, and behaves like an M4. That is in no way a bad thing. The blowback is the same, and paddle operation on an empty mage, etc. If you have owned or used the M4 you know exactly what to expect.

I haven't used a stock Marui for a while, usually doing an inner barrel and hop bucking switch as soon as I get a new gun, but I decided to keep this one stock for the testing. I forgot how fantastic the Marui hop is out of the box. Very consistent rounds on target at 45 meters on a head sized target. 

It's a fantastic bit of kit. The ergonomics in the field are great. With the thicker butt plate on the stock I can run it a bit shorter. I also took of the barrel extender part way into the day, and that made the 416D much more svelte in the woods.

The 416D has reminded me why I love the NextGen platform, and this is a great addition to the Marui line-up. Now just to wait until the summer when they release the tan version :)

On top of the same points i would have made about the 416 that ginga has mentioned,

I like how the barrel is solid. From time to time you have to tighten the sopmod rails as they get wobbly but this one is solid as a rock regardless of the external stress that would be applied. Also, the front and back sights make it easily removable on the field with less hassle then removing the a2 front sight. A minor thing but still a plus! 

Well the kit doesn't come with a new barrel nut, so if the rail fits over the 416's barrel nut, and the tab fits or is close enough to be fitted into the notch on the TM upper, then it should fit.

The problem will be the fitting around the barrel nut. You may be lucky if it fits over the TM barrel nut. With all the other versions not a hope as their barrel nuts have to great a diameter.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't really paid much attention to the Next Gen TM stuff before, but I've heard conflicting stories of whether or not you can use bog standard stanag magazines in them, such as MAG midcaps or any of the PTS ones and so on. Does it work that way (obviously without the bolt stop feature) or is it next gen magazines only?

You can use standard aeg mags if you use one of the adapters available. EBB mags are longer than normal AEG mags.The mag can still catch, but it won't reach up to the feed nozzle because of the hop-up design. The EBB hop-up chamber has a shorter vertical feed tube than a normal AEG. The real steel dimensions mean a shorter hop-up feed tube. The adapters are inexpensive tube extensions that can either be bolted onto the hop-up chamber, or even to the magazine itself.