Tokyo Marui HK416D

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must be a Snickers, because you satisfy me.   Marui appears to have gone through great pains to copy some of the main features of the HK416. When using the weapon these features become obvious.

Well its arrived , and is with out hesitation the best feeling AEG I've ever held ! Yes a bold statement but I really stand by it . The feel is just amazing , the weight , and just solidness to it to

Well finally got to scurmish mine today and considering its practically new out of the box and had had probably fewer than 200 BBs thought it before today , it IS the best AEG I have ever used ! The r

Posted Images

i was lucky i got mine for $577 in echigoya. HK retailers are overpricing the marui products. lol

anyway here are some tiny parts which are absent in the standard sopmod version

the small gears for ambi fire selector. i was impressed. marui is so creative. 

photo1_zps56233e75.jpg

Marui's designer was very thoughtful. They reserved the space in the gearbox to allow for ambi control in the very first model of m4. Maybe someone should develop a kit that allows all m4 version to have ambi control? Can zaimon please show more photos of it? Perhaps I can machine some if no one does

Any news on these? I would be VERY grateful if someone could show some side-by-side photos of the SOPMOD and 416D gearboxes so we can work out what you need to make a conversion kit...

• Like 1

Pulled my 416 apart today to do a barrel change and found a few new things inside that I had not seen in a Marui NextGen EBB before.

The first was a plastic tab that clips onto the hop up chamber and appears to stop the inner barrel from going too far forward. It isn't listed in the parts diagram, so I am curious to know what exactly it does, why, and how to replace it for my quick swap indoor barrel.

You can see it here as the image isn't embedding properly...

https://twitter.com/FireTeamTokyo/status/302682353279569920

There were also two small plastic parts that fell out when I removed the upper receiver. They seem to be acting as spacers between the upper receiver and the gearbox, but I can figure out why. You can see them beside the flash hider in the links above. I didn't put them back in when I reassembled the HK416 to see if it would affect anything. Doesn't seem to, although the body pin was much easier to put back in when the spacers were removed.

Any thought on what these parts might be for? I sent a tweet to Marui about it, so will let you know if they get back to me.

• 3 weeks later...

I heard back from Marui via twitter regarding the part attached to the hop chamber...

It's called an "upper spacer," and it is meant to prevent the hop chamber from rocking forward when pressure is applied to the magazine. Without it, pressure on the mag can cause a small gap between the chamber and nozzle, which can cause poor operation and potentially reduce accuracy.

My next question to them will be to find out if this part can be ordered and added to their other M4 EBB models.

Tried to copy and paste the original Japanese but it is not working. All the Japanese is turning into question marks... Oh encoding :)

Edited by GingaNinga
  • Like 1

I heard back from Marui via twitter regarding the part attached to the hop chamber...

It's called an "upper spacer," and it is meant to prevent the hop chamber from rocking forward when pressure is applied to the magazine. Without it, pressure on the mag can cause a small gap between the chamber and nozzle, which can cause poor operation and potentially reduce accuracy.

My next question to them will be to find out if this part can be ordered and added to their other M4 EBB models.

Tried to copy and paste the original Japanese but it is not working. All the Japanese is turning into question marks... Oh encoding :)

There is another reason to prevent the hopup unit being pushed foreward by the magazine. If this happens it is very likely that a gap between hopup sealing and nozzle occures resulting in a devastating loss of power. A gap of a tenth of a millimeter likely decreases the power by 0,5 joule. The mentioned loss in accuracy is caused by this loss of power.

Pardon the nub question but would the stock gearbox hold up to a 9.6 or will it just strip gears/pistons like there's no tomorrow?

No worries matey , I run all my TM recoils on 7.4v lipo's (like most recoil owners I think) there equivalent to a 9.6 so you'll be fine . But to be honest I think you'd be better off converting to lipo , any way nimh are SOOOO last year !

TM recoils run fine on 7.4v up to 20c Li-Pos more voltage or amperage can cause overspin/pre-engagement of the stock setup.

Been running my socom on a 7.4v 2600mah 30c for over 18mths with no problems at all , gearbox is totally stock though i did fit an eagle6 spring which took it up to 325fps'ish .

Edited by druid799