Tokyo Marui HK416D

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must be a Snickers, because you satisfy me.   Marui appears to have gone through great pains to copy some of the main features of the HK416. When using the weapon these features become obvious.

Well its arrived , and is with out hesitation the best feeling AEG I've ever held ! Yes a bold statement but I really stand by it . The feel is just amazing , the weight , and just solidness to it to

Well finally got to scurmish mine today and considering its practically new out of the box and had had probably fewer than 200 BBs thought it before today , it IS the best AEG I have ever used ! The r

Posted Images

Chronod mine today at circa 285 with a Prometheus tb and hop set for 0.25s.

Got the firefly hop bits coming so will fit those and retest power/range/accuracy then ill fit an eagle6 m100 and rewire at the rear.

Currently getting 13rps with a 7.4v 25c lipo. With a stronger spring but then wiring with less resistance I imagine ill get around the same maybe a touch higher.

Anyone know if the buffer tube cap can be unscrewed easily or does it need that tool on echigoya?

Trained with it for the first time today and all I can say is "wow". Probably the finest gun I've ever owned. Definately a notch up in quality from the VFC 416. And the VFC definitely did not put the same smile on my face. Expensive, but well worth it.

@GingaNinga You already sold yours? I guess it was more of a fling than an affair? ;-)

My dustcover won't close unless I push the little locking tab down with my nail. Odd as it worked well yesterday and today it just wouldn't close without help. Not that it's big issue just wondering if anyone else had this problem.

fire one shot in semi.. if the gun is in a half cocked state it wont close.

fire one shot in semi.. if the gun is in a half cocked state it wont close.

No the gun is in relaxed position the bolt is forward:

16bajc5.jpg

The tab just doesn't get pushed down automatically when I try to close the dust cover.

So I did a barrel swap with a Madbull 6.03 363mm and just left the tm hop up nub and rubber. Did some test shooting and the hop up has significantly less effect. I double checked before I reassembled and I could see the nub pressing down on the rubber through the barrel.

Is there something I'm missing? Are Madbull barrels incompatiable with tm ebb hop up units?

So after putting the stock barrel back in, I'm pretty sure that the space is a tad too small for the nub to make good contact with the bb.  Thankfully the range and accuracy with the stock barrel is no slouch.  I think I'll try filing it down, or just get a new barrel.

Hey guys, sorry to barge in on the thread. I really badly want a blowback 416, GBBR is basically out as a) I live in the UK where it's often a bit chilly, and B) being locked to lowcaps makes it difficult for me to play in non milsim games. So I had more or less decided on the TopTech one, but I've literally just found out about this one. Can anyone offer any insight as to whether it's worth paying the difference to get the TM over the TopTech?

Cheers

J

Thanks for replying PureSilver, it's great to get info from someone who's fired both. Well that pretty much sways it then. The only other thing that might convince me otherwise is if the top tech was noticeably more accurate or better built. I assume that isn't the case given TMs reputation, but figured I should ask anyway!