Tokyo Marui HK416D

True but how much did you think it'll be ? Most of us have sold either a kidney or some other body part to get TM recoils , Lol .

I suppose, but anything over £500 just seems like a massive leap.

And what if I hit the gym enough that I can comfortably dual-wield rifles? It could happen!

Exactly, they just don't take these things into account.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must be a Snickers, because you satisfy me.   Marui appears to have gone through great pains to copy some of the main features of the HK416. When using the weapon these features become obvious.

Well its arrived , and is with out hesitation the best feeling AEG I've ever held ! Yes a bold statement but I really stand by it . The feel is just amazing , the weight , and just solidness to it to

Well finally got to scurmish mine today and considering its practically new out of the box and had had probably fewer than 200 BBs thought it before today , it IS the best AEG I have ever used ! The r

Posted Images

He is also a dead Druid walking, when Mrs D finds out what he has just done! Put it this way there's one less HK416 on the market in the UK!

Yup I've decided to possibly forgo my testis and buy a 416 , conformation came through this am should arrive Monday , SO if I raise the cash to clear the credit card before its due date I keep my nuts if I don't ? The wife has two new things to clutter up her hand bag . So is the life of the family man S'ofter !

• Like 1

Well its arrived , and is with out hesitation the best feeling AEG I've ever held ! Yes a bold statement but I really stand by it .

The feel is just amazing , the weight , and just solidness to it totally legitimises the hefty price tag (mine was £540 delivered from landwarrior ) but quite frankly worth every penny and after watching how stewpidbear's performed at Black op Cribbs yesterday I know I'm not going to be disappointed on the performance side either .

Edited by druid799
  • Like 4

Congrats! Hope you have fun with it.

Could you please do a comparison in handling and performance between the TM SCAR and the HK416D after you get used to it? I am looking for a new gun and don't know which one to choose out of these two. 

Edited by maivorbim

The 416 edges the Scar ever so slightly. After over 12 years airsofting the 416 is the best Aeg out of the box yet. Their roughly the same weight, but there are more options for dressing up and changing the 416 compared to the Scar. Both are excellent, and it's really just a matter of personnel taste. Also with the 416 you get the option of the two outer barrel lengths from the start, unlike the Scar L.

• Like 1

I'd go with stewpidbear's assessment - having handled both, I think the HK416D beats the SCAR out. The SCAR has only one significant downside (fragile stock release button) compared to the HK416D's two (rubbish stock battery system, weak castle nut) but the HK416D's problems are easily corrected (and the SCAR's aren't) and it has a better upgrade path.

• Like 1

I can vouch for the hk416, very happy with it. I probably put about close to 40,000 rounds through it and it goes bang every time. I tend to get too carried away with the recoil and hold down the trigger more than im suppose to. It's been flawless nevertheless. Only problem is the stock tube loosens up once in a while (same with all the sopmod series) and i have to use an ar wrench to re-tighten it. More of it is caused by the positioning of the sling  that i tend to put a lot of pressure on. 

• Like 1

I have both the SCAR-L and the HK416D and I would also vouch for the 416. While the SCAR isn't bad by any means my stock button broke and I still could not get a replacement for it(the broken button still holds the stock in place but not as nicely as originally). The battery and the castle nut on the 416 can be changed easily and because the recoil mechanism is closer to your body you feel it a bit better on the 416. Also if you want to upgrade its a bit easier to take apart the 416 and the SCAR has some unique parts which are harder to get.

• Like 1

After continuous use I found the recoil on the m4 models to be less enjoyable somehow, albeit much firmer.

My Aks74u is still the most fun to point and shoot, and the noise is nicer too. However it's getting a little ropey (ie parts loosening up with every skirmish) whereas my m4 and I assume thereby the hk416 will not suffer from. I just have some qualms about the overall look of the 416 which stops me from snapping one up.. 

416 now deans converted to run on lipo (quick change suck big time !) , f**k me that's a fast rate of fire ! Need to get up to stewpidbear's gaff so I can stick it on his chrono to check the rate of fire but I'm sure when he did his he was getting around the 16-18rps out of it .

Plus I can confirm you can fit a 7.4v 2600 in it with ease .

Edited by druid799

416 now deans converted to run on lipo (quick change suck big time !) , f**k me that's a fast rate of fire ! Need to get up to stewpidbear's gaff so I can stick it on his chrono to check the rate of fire but I'm sure when he did his he was getting around the 16-18rps out of it .

I've deansed all my guns, but I've never gone to lipos - is a 7.4v lipo ok to replace an 8.4v nimh?

Nice one. I deans modded mine too and the rof increase was surprising. Got a link the the 2300 lipo you're using mate? :)

I've been running 7.4 lipo's for over three yrs in all my TM EBB's never a problem in any of them (matter of fact they improved performance of them all ) totally recommend switching over .

Here you go mate , http://www.componentshop.co.uk/800mah-7-4v-25c-jst-connector-2608.html?options=cart think this is the one (bought it last year) price has gone up a bit but then again it'll last you all wknd !

Had one , not impressed with the adapters , can only use piddlie little Batts with it , i'd go straight to a deans .

Right then remove stock , remove the stock locking rail from the buffer tube (you'll need to heat the screws to soften the thread lock or you'll strip the heads)un screw the little power widget (three screws) un-solder the two sides , solder on a deans with a length of wire attached (I've got around a six inch tail on it) . Then remove the fuse box from the stock (again three screws) , slide out the two rods in there carrier then carfuly slide the stock back on and fit the deans through the hole the two rods locate in ( you'll need a pair of thin pliers to pull them through ) and jobs done !