Tokyo Marui HK416D

Alright the weirdest thing happened today. I was shooting it and it was kicking and recoiling like usual then all of a sudden now it's shooting WITHOUT the blowback.  The bolt stop mech works, it's shooting like an aeg with no recoil. What can be the problem? I dont know if I've recalled reading about this problem yet.

History: It is stock on the standard marui proprietary battery. I dropped it once maybe a week or two ago. 

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must be a Snickers, because you satisfy me.   Marui appears to have gone through great pains to copy some of the main features of the HK416. When using the weapon these features become obvious.

Well its arrived , and is with out hesitation the best feeling AEG I've ever held ! Yes a bold statement but I really stand by it . The feel is just amazing , the weight , and just solidness to it to

Well finally got to scurmish mine today and considering its practically new out of the box and had had probably fewer than 200 BBs thought it before today , it IS the best AEG I have ever used ! The r

Posted Images

The recoil weight is stuck , probably just needs freeing up and lubing up . Am not familiar with the 416 version , but have mended a couple of g36 versions

The weight seems to get stuck at one end and after a bit of silicone , / frog lube has been applied it seems to go back to normal . One I did was full of grit / mud that I had to remove before lubing .

Edited by Baddbaz

Do you know where I should apply the lube? Should I unscrew the stock tube? I assume it's like the sopmod series. When I pick up the rifle and shake it up and down I can hear the recoil weight moving in the stock tube so I'm not sure if it's stuck. Thanks

I pulled apart the upper receiver and this came out, im not sure where it belongs or whether its contributing to the loss of recoil...

imag0119.jpg

imag0120.jpg

Edited by Honzo

Those spacers go around the gear box shell. As you are sliding the upper back on, wait for it to get about half way, and then slide those in between the gearbox shell and the frame.

They ensure that the upper is aligned perfectly center.

Looks like Marui just released a new batch as the 416 is available in local stores again.

Edited by GingaNinga

Well finally got to scurmish mine today and considering its practically new out of the box and had had probably fewer than 200 BBs thought it before today , it IS the best AEG I have ever used ! The range and accuracy was great at the start of the day but by days end and several thousand rounds late (think the hop is bedding in nicely ) it was creeping out to silly ranges with out loosing any accuracy , and the rate of fire for a stock TM gun is mental , if some one turned round and said "oh yes it has high speed gears and a high torque motor fitted " I'd have believed them no problem , running on a 7.4v 2600 25c lipo it was just eating the ammo like theres no tomorrow , I normally run half a dozen mids with a hi-cap in a back pouch for those 'last stand' sort of moments , I think the problem was I was still thinking sopmod trigger pull time and NOT 416 trigger time so I had to use the hi-cap a couple of times !

All in all I'm totally convinced the best thing I've ever done is thin the gun and rig collection to raise the cash to buy this , and if your in two minds or not , do the same and get one , you won't regret it !

Also as a side note I am never ever going touch/tinker/fiddle or interfere with the internals of this gun in any way until something breaks !

This is the perfect example of "if it ain't broke don't fix it !" .

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

The HK416D will indeed take the standard TM OEM batteries which are 8.4v 1300mAh NiMH packs. DON'T BUY ANY. They are horribly expensive, horribly outdated, horribly underpowered - just generally horrible, to be honest.

Unlike the SOPMOD, the HK416D's 'clubfoot' stock completely encloses the battery compartment, so you can put anything that will fit in the stock tubes in there without fear of exposed wiring being on display when skirmishing. That means that you don't have to use the typical LiPo adapters, either, which restrict you to just one of the two stock tubes (i.e. no Crane stock batteries) which means you get tiny capacities. What you want, if you don't want to do any unscrewing or soldering, is to use the adapter which I think is supplied with the gun (to Tamiya of some sort, I think) and a Crane stock LiPo.

Hi Pure Silver thanks for the info, I have the lipo adaptor that looks like the widget you get with the gun to plug the gap in the stock when you're not using the TM batteries http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.popularairsoft.com/files/imagesnew/baton-sopadpt.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.popularairsoft.com/news/baton-gunsmith-sopmod-lipo-adaptor&h=700&w=700&sz=62&tbnid=qkC7UrnpLxaG7M:&tbnh=90&tbnw=90&zoom=1&usg=__tF1OgzwCLKKTYe6n_KdzwUpPEYs=&docid=V_vHjmU_8bMF-M&sa=X&ei=GfslUtvDLc6u7AbI3YGABg&ved=0CEcQ9QEwBg&dur=109

thats one and I can fit an 800mAh lipo down each side of the crane stock, so far i have to say i'm very pleased with the result trigger response seems faster and so far each battery has easily lasted 1/2 a day so i just swap out at lunch and bobs your uncle!  The 800mAh's are only £8 from componant shop so 1 TM battery =4 lipos, easily enough for a day, but if i can fit a 1300mAh in there all the better!!!

• 2 weeks later...

So after today I disassembled and then reassembled my 416 again, my bolt catch doesn't work. Thing is I remember putting it back the right way, in fact if I put an empty magazine in my gun the bolt catch will stick out as it should be but the it will still dry fire. I did install a PicoSSR mosfet in my gun. Could the mosfet cause trouble?

So after today I disassembled and then reassembled my 416 again, my bolt catch doesn't work. Thing is I remember putting it back the right way, in fact if I put an empty magazine in my gun the bolt catch will stick out as it should be but the it will still dry fire. I did install a PicoSSR mosfet in my gun. Could the mosfet cause trouble?

Not with that fet unless youve routed the wiring so it fouls some how on the bolt catch. take it apart, check and reassemble usually that sorts it.

• 4 weeks later...