Tokyo Marui HK416D

Zereck. I believed u have reassembled the bolt catch to the incorrect order. For the part where it makes contact sith the gearbox, make sure its sandwiched between thr gearbox shell and the tiny lever

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks but I already fixed it(the spring jumped aside somewhat when I was twisting the screw back thus it wouldn't work).

Btw I found out that the metal sopmod hop-up chamber(Lonex) is not compatible with the 416's. The selector plate is also diffrent by that the 416 has sort of a button on it. Now I mentioned in the help section that I had problem with semi not shooting(just rarely) and locks. Well I figured out that the metal selector plate I bought has a dead-zone when I put the selector on semi. This means that the plate can move a bit where its not on semi entirely(it is a bit towards safe) and semi won't work. So I put the original plate back and everything seemed to work normally. However I just had a game and it started doing it again(tough not as frequently). Anyone else had a similar problem?

Edited by Zereck
  • Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must be a Snickers, because you satisfy me.   Marui appears to have gone through great pains to copy some of the main features of the HK416. When using the weapon these features become obvious.

Well its arrived , and is with out hesitation the best feeling AEG I've ever held ! Yes a bold statement but I really stand by it . The feel is just amazing , the weight , and just solidness to it to

Well finally got to scurmish mine today and considering its practically new out of the box and had had probably fewer than 200 BBs thought it before today , it IS the best AEG I have ever used ! The r

Posted Images

Quick question for all , who feels they do not need to do any up-grading to there 416 ? Both my self and the Bear feel its perfect as is and neither of us have any intention of cracking it open until something goes wrong . This is NOT trying to have a go at any one who has started to up-grade there's , just curious how you all feel about how your 416's are performing as is .

I upgraded mainly because the R-hop works better with higher FPS(and full auto limit is 400 fps here), the gun actually has much better range and accuarcy now, and I only had small problems which are easy to fix once you figure it out(I also removed the bars under the stock pipe and rewired it, gives much better efficency). The bolt catch problem was that the upper lever(thats pushed up by the mags lever) can become loose(moves away from the gearbox) regardless how much you twisted in the screw on the lower lever. You can fix it by either putting a few tapes on the inside of the lower receiver where the lever is positioned so it pushes it back to the gearbox, or in my case(because I didn't want to take out the gearbox again) you can put something(2 small shrinktube in my example) on the lever where it connects with the magazine's lever. Honestly I don't know why it become loose over time, my SCAR-L didn't have that problem and even that was taken apart for maintenance.

Also I said I had problem with even the original selector plate, but I just realized sometimes semi locks up if I go from full auto and the cycle wasn't finished properly. This is most likely because the more powerful motor if the BTC mosfet comes out it should fix it.

However if you live somewhere where the FPS limits are around 1J then yeah you shouldn't take it apart(the barrel and the hop-up maybe). It is a really good stock gun. I just like meddle with my guns. :D

Edited by Zereck

It's been covered in the sopmod/socom thread but I think prity much every one that was having lock up ( me included) solved this problem once they changed over to 7.4 lipo's from standard Batts .

I've been running lipo in my 416 since I had it and never had a lock up once ( probably jinked my self now !) .

Bugger ! As you said about 9v I thought you were still running nimh batts . My sopmod is running consistently at 345-7fps , only swapped spring and spring guide and touch wood it's never locked up on me in over two years of use .

Edited by druid799

I upgraded mainly because the R-hop works better with higher FPS(and full auto limit is 400 fps here), the gun actually has much better range and accuarcy now, and I only had small problems which are easy to fix once you figure it out(I also removed the bars under the stock pipe and rewired it, gives much better efficency). The bolt catch problem was that the upper lever(thats pushed up by the mags lever) can become loose(moves away from the gearbox) regardless how much you twisted in the screw on the lower lever. You can fix it by either putting a few tapes on the inside of the lower receiver where the lever is positioned so it pushes it back to the gearbox, or in my case(because I didn't want to take out the gearbox again) you can put something(2 small shrinktube in my example) on the lever where it connects with the magazine's lever. Honestly I don't know why it become loose over time, my SCAR-L didn't have that problem and even that was taken apart for maintenance.

Also I said I had problem with even the original selector plate, but I just realized sometimes semi locks up if I go from full auto and the cycle wasn't finished properly. This is most likely because the more powerful motor if the BTC mosfet comes out it should fix it.

However if you live somewhere where the FPS limits are around 1J then yeah you shouldn't take it apart(the barrel and the hop-up maybe). It is a really good stock gun. I just like meddle with my guns. :D

Do you have some picture of your shrinktube fix?? Yeah we have also a 400fps full auto here but I am not sure if I take the gun apart.

I used 7.4v 25c lipo. Changed spring that gives around 360fps.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Did you only remove the stocktube and replaced the spring and no other parts are replaced? Is the Spring connected/hock up with the Pistonhead like the "old" TM System?

hmm i dont usually get single lock up after any guns ive worked on haha, if i had to guess its either A: not pulling the trigger to the back full, unfortunatly triggers arnt like real world triggers you need to pull it to the back and let it disconect its self... you cant just pull it and release it yourself.. it needs to go all the way to the back then click as the gears lift the cut off and the cut off lifts the trigger block.  Thus garrentying enough electricity for a full complete gear cycle.  Seems as though theres some new faces maybe this airsoft 101 tip is whats needed.  B: over shimming or too large a spring.  anything that cuases a slower than normal cycle could also result in the gear stopping at 3/4's

theres no diff between the 416 and sopmod and the sopmod has been working fine for years..  please be specific if you are suffering from any lock up about your guns history.  If youve had some work done.. well .. odds are thats cuased the issue.. restore it too normal or send it to a workshop.

Edited by Richard Y

youd be better off getting more out of the 7.4v.. like gold contact set, high torque motor.  Its difficult to say without knowing what mods your gun has had.. but if you take a standard 416... fit a lipo adaptor and 7.4 battery.. i daubt very much that youll suffer any lockups..   

my usually emails consist of .. ive installed a m120 spring and my gun keeps locking up on my standard 8.4v tm packs.  Sometimes its pretty obvious why you might be getting lock ups other times not so much.  Unfortunatly the quick change electrical system especially on older worn sopmods can add that extra degree of difficulty into diagnosing a potential poor connection in the circuit or low current issue.