Tokyo Marui HK416D

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must be a Snickers, because you satisfy me.   Marui appears to have gone through great pains to copy some of the main features of the HK416. When using the weapon these features become obvious.

Well its arrived , and is with out hesitation the best feeling AEG I've ever held ! Yes a bold statement but I really stand by it . The feel is just amazing , the weight , and just solidness to it to

Well finally got to scurmish mine today and considering its practically new out of the box and had had probably fewer than 200 BBs thought it before today , it IS the best AEG I have ever used ! The r

Posted Images

You could try winding the stock tube out by one turn.. Too much spring compression can cuase lock ups on m4 next gens.  Unfortunatly becuase the back of the gearbox is removable it also means it can be installed differently each time.. ie you could wind it in all the way, over time as threads wear and loosen up a little theres the chance of it winding in more, also no one really knows the exact postion it should be i think i had a new sopmod one time and on first taking apart i could actually wind it in a turn.. leading me to believe the natural position for the stock tube is not fully wound in, maybe they have a way to work it out during assembly to standarise manufature.. potentially winding it in too far could make the space for spring compression very tight and with an m120 this is amplified more over.  Try winding it out a turn and see if you get a better ROF / trigger response before trying anything else.   

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know if you can remove the stock battery system and wire it for a deans battery? On another note, does anyone have experience with this?http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=GMM-UBWK&search=special&rs=Conversion%20Kit%20for%20AEGs&catid=14&cat=318&view_choice=a

At first I just welded a deans connector with a short cable to the original battery plug which worked fine, but after upgrading the insides I just removed the entire battery system(the plug, the rods, etc.) and just rewired it from the trigger to the stock. A deans connector fits just barely through the stock.

Do you have some picture of your shrinktube fix?? Yeah we have also a 400fps full auto here but I am not sure if I take the gun apart.

Actually as it turns out the shrinktube is not a correct fix as it makes the gun stop firing after one shot regardless of remaining bbs. However I can confirm that the other fix does work(where you put something between the receiver and the bolt catch mechanism where the latter is loosened thus it gets pushed back to its place) after I glued a small foam to the receiver where the bolt catch mechanism is.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah! That`s not even clever marketing. Calling it "Devgru custom" and including a different tfg and the wrong suppressor. But when 

have such minor details stopped the manufacturers from ripping off the customers?  This is the free capitalist world after all.

He.., even China has grasped that concept. Apart from the freedom part that is….

I love the fact that TM released the standard HK416, it`s a winner for sure. But they could have done so much better with the so called Devgru custom thing.

Just relax. In about six months time we will likely see a significant price drop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Without access to internal documents it's impossible to be sure, but knowing Japan's strict trademark and copyright regime, I'd say it was probable that Marui have a license which covers Japan only.

Agree with you PS.  Hopefully in the not too distant future we`ll be getting the 417 too. A blowback dmr with a Marui hop unit is very tempting.

• Like 1

Is it fair to assume that Marui has obtained a license from H&K? Or or is it more a case of the usual "we don`t care about copyright" stuff?

TMs all ligit, which was why the RECCE was originally delayed back in the day licensing issues so they couldnt release, ie madbull stepped in and said we want some pennies please, all of there stuff including the Daniel defense RIS is now all licenced.. albiet in japan...  Which is why marui tends to stick to japan only.  I would imagine it would cost alot to grease all the palms needed to be global.

• Like 1

Really depends on your local limits. But personally none. Both Druid and I have not upgraded internals because out of the box ours were easily keeping up with so called tuned upgraded AEGs. Read the rest of this thread for views but really just change the battery connectors so you can use 7.4 lipos.

Definitely remove the stupidly high resistance *suitcase* in the stock. It's a fix for a non existent problem IMO.

Personally I wouldn't touch the barrel or hop as I did and initially I thought it was better but now I've realised that was a bit of a placebo.

I upgraded to an eagle6 m100 which it found does make a huge difference. The extra 45 fps makes a big difference.

well i have a 350 fps limit, but i think the prommy barrel wil increasse the fps a bit ? 

but im having a marui spare hop unit comming my way to, so i put the prommy barrel in the second unit.

but i have some 13;1 super shooter gears laying arround i whas planning to put em in there to or mayby not a good idea ?