Tokyo Marui HK416D

If you have 350 FPS limit then I wouldn't really recommend opening the gearbox. A longer and tighter barrel might give you a few FPS tough. The only downside is the battery system. Before I started upgrading mine I actually soldered a deans on a short cable to the original battery connector, and it worked well, tough it was a bit of a PITA to do.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must be a Snickers, because you satisfy me.   Marui appears to have gone through great pains to copy some of the main features of the HK416. When using the weapon these features become obvious.

Well its arrived , and is with out hesitation the best feeling AEG I've ever held ! Yes a bold statement but I really stand by it . The feel is just amazing , the weight , and just solidness to it to

Well finally got to scurmish mine today and considering its practically new out of the box and had had probably fewer than 200 BBs thought it before today , it IS the best AEG I have ever used ! The r

Posted Images

My self (and the bear) removed the whole battery gubins from ours , stock off un-Soldler the spring clip on the stock tube , solder on a length of wire with a deans then un-screw the fuse and what not in the stock and thread the deans through the hole in the stock , job done !

well i have a 350 fps limit, but i think the prommy barrel wil increasse the fps a bit ? 

but im having a marui spare hop unit comming my way to, so i put the prommy barrel in the second unit.

but i have some 13;1 super shooter gears laying arround i whas planning to put em in there to or mayby not a good idea ?

You could try.. but it would be time wasted normal aeg gears do not fit...

Next gen gears only -- http://eagle6.co.uk/shop/upgrade-part-s/upgrades-aeg/gears-gear-sets/shs-gearset-for-next-generation-recoil-shock-series.html

My self (and the bear) removed the whole battery gubins from ours , stock off un-Soldler the spring clip on the stock tube , solder on a length of wire with a deans then un-screw the fuse and what not in the stock and thread the deans through the hole in the stock , job done !

This one sounds just fine on 8.4v standard batterys and quick change system ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GutpzN5Nyq8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUIHcndZaGIOO8l4FVv0JQtQ

It's also going to be a lot easier to solder on some wires and a deans connector than try and get a mosfet installed.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

so true ! No messing with the 'magic' inside the body (total mong when it comes to gearboxes ) just popped the stock , less than 5mins and job done .

Lots of ways to skin a cat .. When I first started I did the direct wire, over time I had to adapt as not every one wants to soldier there gun. Ideally we would all love the quick change system to be effective .. The video is just an example that it can work if the player is so inclined, they could even squeeze a fet in .. Also if they are so inclined.

By far the most popular option at the moment is the lipo adaptors or standard battery packs. Especially with new adopters. Again the lipo adaptor offers a similar option any lipo can be used that said your still going to have to buy a lipo that fits ..

The key here is that there are many ways to get there gun going depending on what the player is wiling to do or there personal preference.

I seen sopmods with wires out of the stock and into a battery bag they are then attached to there gun .. I couldn't think of anything more cringe worthy.. Just because it's easier.

Edited by Richard Y

What Richard said , it's what players are happy with/to do , me and the bear were both more than happy to (carefully being the optimum word) un-screw and un-solder all the quick change gubins (can be put back no probs) and go down the deans and tail route . If you want to go the batton route , carry on I did in the past but wasn't happy with it in my sopmod , but that's me . Every one should do what there happy with .

Edited by druid799

I removed the entire battery system and rewired from the gearbox on deans, the plug just fits through the stock if you remove the adapter. My only issue currently that semi tends to lock up, if I don't pull the trigger entirely, or if the piston stops in a certain position on auto and then I switch to semi. I use only a 7.4 lipo(25c), tough I don't know if the eagle6 120 spring/Lonex A2/AOE correction combo to blame. Anyway I wish if the BTC mosfet would come out already. Pretty please?

zereck, try unscrewing the stock tube by 1 turn then retighten the locking ring.  The M120 might be a little to tight for it to compress, the amount of coils on the m120 doesnt offer much leway for when the stock tube is tightened all the way in .. it removes the 2mm gap it needs for it to be an effortless compress, that or shimming might be tight, make sure when you test the shimming you overtighten the gearbox screws.  Then test.  If they still turn freely then your good to go its better to be a little looser than a little too light..   oooo errr.. :/  i use a feeler guage on the bevel gear to test bevel gear height it needs to be a 1mm gap between the top of the bevel gear and the gearbox casing.

another good mod is reduced current loss youve direct wired but a failure point is the electric cut off, you can take apart the contact switchnlock, and bend the metal contact on the electic cut off so that it pushes much harder agasint the other part of the contact, thus a better connection.  Ive had seveal guns on where the quick change power loss was actually at this point not the quick change system in the stock.

Hmm thanks for the suggestions. Another weird thing happened on my last 2 games is that if I emptied the magazine on full-auto, it kept shooting in semi, despite the bolt catch was clearly in the stop position, but strangely I could never reproduce this issue at home, it worked fine there. Also the fake pin on the right side loosened on my game today and finally fell off at home(fortunatelly):

2vd2ypy.jpg

I assume I can just glue it back right?

Has anyone managed to get the front end completely off ? the 416 has its own version of a delta ring, that holds the outer barrel to the upper reciever thats the part im stuck at .. i think it just threads on.. but i cant get on it enough to undo it...  proper done up tight.

i have a systema magnum motor laying arround , i know it a powerful engine for strong springs, but it also add a bit speed and thats what i wand a little higher rof.

so is it good the put the magnum in a stock tm 416d  without damaging anything ?