Tokyo Marui HK416D

I would like to raise a tech question. I have bought some upgrade parts for my 416, and I have given it to a local airsoft mech who put in the parts, but he also changed the sector gear to gear made for a normal V2/V3 gearset, as afraid of the factory sector gear couldn't take the stress too long caused by the new spring. He measured and the the two gears are identical in size, and he put a delayer on the gear to sync it like the factory sector gear with the other gears. These are the parts:

- E6 M110 spring

- Promy piston, pistonhead and spring guide

- 5KU sector gear in subject

The gun actually works like normal, but still in the back of my mind I have a strange feeling to it.

Actually the original gear was seem to be very much intact so I wonder if there was really a reason to change it. I also wonder if anyone ever put a V2/V3 sector gear into a TM 416 or Sopmod?

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must be a Snickers, because you satisfy me.   Marui appears to have gone through great pains to copy some of the main features of the HK416. When using the weapon these features become obvious.

Well its arrived , and is with out hesitation the best feeling AEG I've ever held ! Yes a bold statement but I really stand by it . The feel is just amazing , the weight , and just solidness to it to

Well finally got to scurmish mine today and considering its practically new out of the box and had had probably fewer than 200 BBs thought it before today , it IS the best AEG I have ever used ! The r

Posted Images

Well afaik the bevel and spur gear are unique to the next-gens and when you want to switch the gears for stronger one you usually buy a set to switch out all of them and at that point there is no need to bother with normal v2/v3 sector gear, so I don't think anyone really tried it. Plus if that sector gear you got is made of steel it will chew up the original spur gear eventually. Btw if you still use the original motor then whats your fire rate?

I don't know yet, I was just thinking about wether to bring for a two days game next weekend or not, If I will bring it then I can chrono it there. It shoots 370ish and the trigger response feels the same when it was stock with a lipo and the deans (mini-T) connector mod. I'm just afraid if this new bevel gear will cause some trouble. I didn't want to change the gears as I thought I'll be just fine with stock ones and the 110 spring and with bearings on front and the back. I normally wouldn't took it from the guy ( he didn't asked me before) but I'll be out of the country to friday night, and I need a gun this weekend. :unsure:

I would not have risked as well, now the question is, should I play the next game with it ( I expect about 2000 shots max ) or leave it as is until I get a set of new gears, or shall I just bring it to another mech and ask to change sector gear to the original factory one, and use that until it chips and the get a set of promy's?

Anyone know how strong/durable the TM New V2 Recoil Shock Mechbox is?  (Is it stronger than an ACM standard V2 like the G&P/VFC)

Just wondering because I was planning to put a M120 Spring and an Orga Widebore in mine, and I do game during the Winter in Canada...  (say anywhere from -10 celsius and up *doubt I ever game any colder than that, and I could just game one of my beater guns instead*, but the majority of the time, it would be around positive 5-35 celsius in the Spring/Summer/Fall).

I personally have yet to have a regular V2 mechbox fail (G&P/Dboys brand), although I have seen CA's, and some other brands crack during the winter before.  Just wondering if the TM New version is supposed to be stronger than the old V2s.

BTW:  I also ordered a "Gun Master Upgrade Blowback Weight Kit for Marui Next Gen M4 AEG" since the Echigoya ones are always OOS, any experience with the "Gun Master" company? lol, says it's Made in Korea.

Thanks!

Edited by kaiu

I was looking into those as well. Let us know how it is.

Did you get the wrench to open up the back of the buffer tube for the 416 as well?

Id suggest installing a sorbo pad if you're worried about ypur gearbox shell. It will also correct the aoe some.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I was looking into those as well. Let us know how it is.

Did you get the wrench to open up the back of the buffer tube for the 416 as well?

Id suggest installing a sorbo pad if you're worried about ypur gearbox shell. It will also correct the aoe some.

Hey,

Yup, got the Laylax 416 Buffer tube wrench long ago.  Good idea on installing the sorbo pad, just not sure if I should put in the M120, or just go with an M110 once everything else arrives lol.

Sorbo pad and m110, prommy barrel...thats what id go with. Did you get to see what kind of performance youre able to get with some tune up parts...without installing a mosfet?

Only reason I want a mosfet is just to protect the trigger contacts since they don't seem to be easy to find in stock anywhere haha (like the mechbox).  Just paranoid about it considering how many people's contacts I have seen burnt out (none of mine have, but 90% of my collection use mosfets lol).  Benefits like trigger response is just a plus :P

e.g. my friend's TM Uzi was out of operation for 4 years due to not able to get a part he needed to replace.

Currently have the following stuff:

- Lonex Gears, Lonex Hopup Unit (Also have a spare TM Hopup Unit), Prommy Piston, Prommy Piston Head, Lonex Bushings, Lonex Spring Guide, Lonex Anti Reversal Latch (Just got it since I was doing a big Lonex custom order), Lonex Nozzle, Lonex Cylinder Head, Eagle6 M120 Spring, Eagle6 M90 Springs, (Eagle6 M110 Spring on the way), a few ACM Motors I like that I stocked up on, Prommy Gold Terminal Contact Bars, Adaptor for lipos, Orga 6.13mm barrel (260mm and 363mm).

And a bunch of other parts like full cylinders and stuff (I used to have a really big AEG collection, did my best to shrink it to around 15 now...)

Edited by kaiu

upe6a8a7.jpg

More gbbs than aegs.

Not sure how much of a difference those gold bars make but hardwiring my gun after yanking the stock tm wiring and using a prommy silver wiring made a world of a difference.

I has me prommy spring guide, nozzle, piston, piston head, cylinder head, silver wiring, double torque gears....magic box metal bushings...systema m120 spring (cut down), and systema Teflon cylinder.

Barrel wise I have a prommy 6.03mm x 275.5mm tightbore and am using a guarder 50° clear hop bucking.

Motor is a guarder infinite torque motor.

Im running it on a 7.4v 1200mah 25c lipo.

stock switch assemblies hold up fairly well if you know how to setup your gearbox properly. Theres not much room for routing wiring to the back for a mosfet unfortunately but those btc spectre trigger mosfets supposedly work very well. It also replaces your switch assembly.

Well Im using my gun with an E6 120 spring and I have skirmished it even in -5 celsius but I had my gearbox radiused and sorbod(<-- is that a word? :)). Tough I just did a routine check on my gearbox and found that the rubber pad from the back of my MagicBox cylinder head have came off partly and the piston couldn't go right in cause of it. Also my spring seem to got curved very slightly. I wasn't sure that I lost power because at the previous check I switched cylinder(to a type 2 from a full one) and back then I the gun chronod for 375 FPS(it was over 400 before switch). Now I put back the full cylinder but it is still 375 FPS so Im assuming the spring did lose power, unfortunatelly I don't have another spring with me now. Oh well I'll get a new one when the mosfet finally comes out.

BTW:  I also ordered a "Gun Master Upgrade Blowback Weight Kit for Marui Next Gen M4 AEG" since the Echigoya ones are always OOS, any experience with the "Gun Master" company? lol, says it's Made in Korea.

Interesting - let us know what it weighs when it's all together?

Yes, it works well out of the box...but it could be made to work better....you could change the wiring or add a mosfet and it'll be a more capable rifle than before...better rof and trigger response. Other upgrades are installed to withstand extra stresses. Nothing wrong with upgrading a gun so long as its done right.

• Like 2

marui has done a fantastic job of updating the latest batch of HK416 and they are even rolling those new improvements to the new m4s if your lucky enough to get one of the new batches.. much much less issues!  even higher quality if there is such a thing. 

typically upgrades internally after-market wise are to remain competitive especially in fields running 60 fps higher than an out the box marui.. if there bb reaches you first.. doesn't mater how accurate or awesome your marui is if your felling out classed..  When asking the question whether or not you should up grade just for 50 fps extra... i always say if it was 50 fps less you would notice it, if your marui was shooting 140fps you would be crying... so when people say they cant tell the difference adding 50 fps.. its a load of horse poo... and not even a small pile of it.. its a giant pile built up for nefarious purposes.. like giant horse poo bombs something to warrant them being zero dark thritied. 

I really dont think its e peen syndrome or anything like that its just about keep the game sites on fair footings like the day, i first used my TM sopmod 5 or 6 years ago and people said it was cheating.. no one likes to feel like someone else has an advantage.  Then when the whole team had them, other teams cried cheating even more.  

Because of the assume hop its true out the box its sexy and taking apart a gun inevitably marks it as by some miracle tm can assemble guns with no marks.   But add that extra 50 fps.. decent heavy ammo, decent barrel, flat hop nub system and you will have as good as it gets accuracy and range wise ... by far.   other players will complain.

• Like 2

marui has done a fantastic job of updating the latest batch of HK416 

Glad I waited, mine's just coming fresh from Echigoya, going through customs at the moment, and judging that they were out of stock before and now back in stock, hopefully mine should be of that batch! :D 

None on 416 ... Just in general since 416 came out things have improved greatly and these are now rolling over to m4 in the new batches.

Better recoil unit, o ring on stock tube end cap, less falling apart. Longer screws on the stock tube rail, better BSL set, better coating, I can remove a stock tube now with very little scratches if any on 416, the coatings different or thicker. And the plastics of the grips have changed for the better. Sorry it's stuff I notice working on them or breaking for parts, it's why I won't keep an aeg if I'm not using it. Ultimately with tms rolling production line that's what they call it in manufacturing when they don't do versions ie v1 , v2. It just changes and the next lots better.

It's why spare parts are going to be so important in the next year or so next gens are starting to be about 5 years old or more now and for many owners they are still working great. But that aeg inevitably out lives the player I've seen same aeg's go through 5 players. And at some point parts will be needed not just insides but new lower, upper, stock tube, RAS. Nice new external over haul with shiny new parts.

Ak next gen is a great example I know about 4 players with completely out of action ak next gens because parts are so hard to get. Hopefully I can keep them coming. And it's really helping having the manuals as a price guide. It's all listed in there. I've spread sheeted every manual so I know what the Jen is in gbp, and if I order 20 from factory I make at least 10%. A friend used the term loss leader which is accurate i suppose and it is peanuts really when you factor in the 3 months wait from the factory or the week it can take to carefully remove and bag every single part from an aeg without marking it for 10% or 20% return, but it's why I started in the first place just helping out and seems a fitting direction to head in. As long as I get something to put back in to ordering more the next time. The only down side is factory prices of something's are crazy like recce and 416 RAS are close too 180 !!! Before 20% which has to cover, shipping, import, money conversion charges, and pAypal and the loss of nearly 2k for 3 months for a part which is nearly 200 quid !! I want to order it all from the factory but would 20 of those really be the best way to spend 4k .. But you never know with retail some times you have to show people what they want not ask them.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you ordering any time soon Richard? Could really do with a tango down style TM devgru pistol grip for my 416, not a fan of the stock HK grip, but you're out :(

Second note, I have managed to take the barrel nut off with practically no scratching / warping of the holes themselves:

20140529-225349.jpg

Did it without any special tools (well, depends on your definition of special), I used a steel pin punch that I had lying around, a 5.5mm punch to be exact, and it fits into one of the hole very snugly with absolutely no extra space, which meant that as I applied torque, it had no where to give except to undo itself.

Edited by blobface
  • Like 1

Cant recall if it was brought up in this thread or not but how does the tm 416 stand up to the vfc 416? Does anyone own both and can offer some insight? No way I'm getting a vfc 416 after this bad boy, just wanted to see how they compare as I *almost* bought the vfc before the marui came out.

The TM I've heard blows the vfc out of the water in terms of range and accuracy. Also fun because of recoil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk