Tokyo Marui HK416D

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must be a Snickers, because you satisfy me.   Marui appears to have gone through great pains to copy some of the main features of the HK416. When using the weapon these features become obvious.

Well its arrived , and is with out hesitation the best feeling AEG I've ever held ! Yes a bold statement but I really stand by it . The feel is just amazing , the weight , and just solidness to it to

Well finally got to scurmish mine today and considering its practically new out of the box and had had probably fewer than 200 BBs thought it before today , it IS the best AEG I have ever used ! The r

Posted Images

I want to ask someone who already opened the gearbox.

how complicated is it to get to the gearbox and open it compared to the standard TM M4 with v2 gearbox? And what about to put them together and work as before.

I am thinking to get a HK416 aswell and to put an m100 or m110 spring inside.

From what I've read it's pretty similar. I've yet to try it yet but I have changed the inner barrel and hop bucking/nub and there are the 3 plastic spacers on the outside of the gearbox and for te hop up to deal with although that is extremely simple. My understanding is that everything else inside is the same apart from the ambi selector gear which is also very simple.

This has some info:

http://www.airsoftcommunity.it/recensioni/asg/28-marui/1113-tokyo-marui-h-k-416d

The GB is much the same as the sopmod/socom m4s. It is easier to open due to the way the spring is, it hangs out the back not under tension, but is more complicated due to the bolt lock parts. A nice GB to work on though.

Check out the eagle 6 guide videos on YouTube on the sopmod m4 for a guide which will be almost identical to the take down of the GB of your 416.

Remember though that regular length AEG springs will ruin your GB!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Any ideas how to get some more range out the 416?  I feel like 150ft is the limit of my guns effective range.  That's with adding a madbull 363mm 6.03 barrel and a Prometheus bridge nub and bucking combo.  

I'm not too keen on getting into the gear box but I may change my mind.

Any thoughts? 

I'd say at 150-175' or so you're probably approaching the limit of what the TM can do at that power level, even with a nice tightbore, hop-up combination and decent ammunition. You're going to need more power if you want to push much further, I'd say. Have a look at Eagle6's M100-M110 springs, but be aware that you'll need to make some pretty severe alterations to the gearbox to run at that power level for sustained periods. Not that that will be overly expensive!

I'd say at 150-175' or so you're probably approaching the limit of what the TM can do at that power level, even with a nice tightbore, hop-up combination and decent ammunition. You're going to need more power if you want to push much further, I'd say. Have a look at Eagle6's M100-M110 springs, but be aware that you'll need to make some pretty severe alterations to the gearbox to run at that power level for sustained periods. Not that that will be overly expensive!

What kind of severe alterations? Higher torque motor and maybe a better spring guide? 

What kind of severe alterations? Higher torque motor and maybe a better spring guide?

At M110, immediately a new piston (Prometheus) and gearset (preferably Prometheus' Torque Up; you probably don't need the Double Torque unless you're going to M120). While you're in there a new piston head would be sensible, I'd say. That would be the minimum - a new spring guide might be useful too.

I most definitely don't want to lose the magic tm pixie dust!  I also just don't have the patience to crack open the gearbox and mess with it.  There is a high probability I'd just make it worse.

For what it's worth, I reseated the Prometheus bridge nub and I did the teflon tape mod on the bucking and I think that gave me about ten to fifteen more feet.  I see a lot less drop in my shots.  I'll have to wait until I get out to my local field to get an accurate test though.  

At M110, immediately a new piston (Prometheus) and gearset (preferably Prometheus' Torque Up; you probably don't need the Double Torque unless you're going to M120). While you're in there a new piston head would be sensible, I'd say. That would be the minimum - a new spring guide might be useful too.

Well i thought "Severe alterations" entailed a dremel or serious DIY work :P

A new gearset and piston does not sound too horrid haha. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ahh, found it, thanks.

You're right, it is out of stock.

Although, with the hefty price tag it doesn't really matter, as it is way out of the price bracket I may be able to convince my wife is a reasonable amount for something she calls a 'toy'.

Women. What do they know about airsoft :D

Ahh, found it, thanks.

You're right, it is out of stock.

Although, with the hefty price tag it doesn't really matter, as it is way out of the price bracket I may be able to convince my wife is a reasonable amount for something she calls a 'toy'.

True but how much did you think it'll be ? Most of us have sold either a kidney or some other body part to get TM recoils , Lol . Edited by druid799