So I was looking through some of Tokyo Marui's US patents

vorpalbunnie

And I found these teasing pictures from the 2010 patent on their recoil system:

7694448-8.gif

7694448-9.gif

So TM has the schematics for a recoil shock MP5. 

Yet another completely MIA TM like the MP9/TMP AEP.

But on the bright side, this could mean that a recoil shock MP5 could be released in the near future! A man can dream.

(Mods if this is in wrong area, sorry)

Wouldn't the patent be to protect them in the markets that the patent is registered? Wouldn't it mean that a US company couldn't copy their design? They currently have patents on their recoil shock in Japan, US, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, and have applied to the EPO. If they didn't care about their overseas customers then they wouldn't put in the effort to make their manuals almost completely bilingual. Their recent HK416 release (and many past releases) have a very respectable amount of English in them. I think they care, but they don't cater, to foreign markets because Japanese law dictates what they can and can't make (metal pistols, 1J limits, etc).

Actually under fair use policy a company can use a design as long as they are paying the Patent owner an agreed royalty.

Only if the owner agrees to it. It's well within their power to refuse all offers.

Anyways, don't look too hard into this, when it comes to patents this sort of thing happens all the time. All that matters for the patent is the actual physical mechanism, the shell around it is just fluff to give it some context so they have a bit of leverage if it gets infringed.

patents arn`t worth a turnip anyhow, since the Chinese dont "really" bother about patent abuse, and even if they follow it up , so many Chinese companys are breaching patent law, it takes years.

once its released, a china soft company will buy one, reverse engineer it, and have it rolling out at half the price within 6 months.

good for the consumer, bad for shareholders and R+D of new products

good for the consumer, bad for shareholders and R+D of new products

In the long run, it's actually quite bad for the comsumer as well. Ignoring the economics issues caused - the Chinese are, in general, absolute *fruitcage* at innovation. It's almost always just a direct copy or a half-hearted, *fruitcaged* attempt at something different. If it's no longer profitable for Japanese or Taiwanese makers to innovate and create new designs or ideas, then they'll stop investing in that and it will result in no new designs or new tech... Leading to a stagnant market where we're at the mercy of Chinese "innovation" (heaven help us!)

thats whati said, "bad for  R+D"   Reasearch and development of new  products

which as you said dosnt come from china

but the consumer has a choice,   i know players who wont touch chinasoft,

i personally would, i can buy 2 or 3 guns for the same price as a single "branded" gun.

if one breaks , i scrap it for spares for the other two, 

In the long run, it's actually quite bad for the comsumer as well. Ignoring the economics issues caused - the Chinese are, in general, absolute *fruitcage* at innovation. It's almost always just a direct copy or a half-hearted, *fruitcaged* attempt at something different. If it's no longer profitable for Japanese or Taiwanese makers to innovate and create new designs or ideas, then they'll stop investing in that and it will result in no new designs or new tech... Leading to a stagnant market where we're at the mercy of Chinese "innovation" (heaven help us!)

Japanese firms weren't exactly well known for their innovation or respect for copyright/intellectual property back in the 60s and 70s either. But now look at them, they're producing some the most advanced tech in the world.

Who knows, in 15-20 years maybe Chinese companies will be putting out the best gear (depending on the legal situation).

Archived