• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivan. I'd love an ATEi slide to match my many RS ATEi M&Ps. I'm so used to the slide cuts it feels weird to not had them on the replica. I'm half tempted to send it to ATEi since he does all the work on my handguns anyway ... but it wouldn't be cheap. I am also not sure what slide lightening would do to the replica's function.

Vltorfan78: thanks!

Hitman: I know how you feel. I held out for as long as I could. I had high hopes the HK3P version would be better than the WE version beyond just the trademarks. Alas, it isn't reliable and still needs work. My buddy who got the same gun at the same time still has full auto and burst issues with his gun as well as leaky mags. I'm holding out hope VFC still gets their licensed one out by year's end. While the VFC compact doesn't have the same recoil snap as the WE M&P compact, at least the VFC is reliable OOTB. And who knows when TM will finally release theirs. But for now, my HK3P seems to be tuned ok, and its a straight, accurate and far shooter. And it looks good. So I'm happy. :)

uscm, I'm sure it was you that reckoned we won't see the full size M&P until next year some time with a reveal at Shot.  I have a bad feeling that'll it play out just like that.

Also, how come you own so many RS M&Ps? Full size 9mm at least, you have two you recently.  One normal looking and one Ludas one setup the same? Just being nosy really.  Do they have different purposes?

Actually, I have 5 M&P's (*gulp*). I bought the full size one several years ago when I first got super into firearms training. Boresight solutions did the frame work, and then ATEi did the slide and trigger work (this was all years before they became well known and was recommended to me by instructor and friend, Steve Fisher). I wanted to get a 9mm 5" Pro, but they were difficult to find and I eventually sourced a 5" 9L (essentially the same as the Pro but with different sights, and a different front slide profile). ATEi did the slide and trigger work on that one and Cold Bore Solutions did the frame stippling trying to mimic my Boresight framework (at my request). I wanted to try out a M&P with an RMR but you can't install RMR on slides that have the ATEi slide cut outs done to the front and back which meant either getting a new slide (rare) or getting a new gun (more doable). So I managed to get another 9L. Right as I was finishing the paperwork on the new 9L, ATEi announced the Costa guns. I'm not a fan of the Costa logos on the gun, but the work done to the guns were incredibly well done, and a limited run. I managed to get both a full size M&P Costa Custom and a 9L Costa Custom. In retrospect, I don't shoot those two as much, as they're a little too "blingy" for my taste and there are a lot of Costa haters out there and I just didn't need the ribbing while on the line. But they're great collector's pieces and though not cheap, I've seen people selling them for triple to quadruple what I paid for them. So ... 5 M&Ps ... which is a lot of back ups, LOL. I usually take at least three handguns and three rifles with me to any class as I'm just paranoid something is going to go down (hasn't happened yet ... I'm probably just conditioned to do it from Airsoft guns always dying on me). The new M&P 9L is still pretty much stock, so I'll probably do the stipple work myself similar to what you see above with my WE M&P and send it to ATEi for the trigger work, slide work and RMR install.

As for the VFC, I look at the HK3P M&P as a way to tie me over till the VFC comes out. I've been really impressed with all the VFC Glocks and M&Ps released so far and I can't see the VFC full size M&P will be any different. One great thing I'll say about the HK3P M&P is that at least it fits all my RS kydex holsters exactly the same as my RS guns fit. Perfect retention, perfect draw. There's a lot of value in that. If I ever get the itch I may end up cerakoting the slide Graphite black, since the WE paint isn't the hardiest, though, I worry it'll possibly affect the gun's reliability.

But yeah, no more M&Ps for me. I'm on a Glock buying phase right now. Just bought a Gen 3 Glock 17 and Glock 19 a couple weeks back. Gotta buy a couple more 17s before next March. :D

I am an airsoft tweaking simpleton and I managed to fix the full auto issue using YouTube videos.

Still working on the hop wheel sticking problem as my wheel won't turn even without the hop arm and inner barrel being installed. I understand that m&p compact series hop up wheel and arm fit fine according to overhoppers.

As for leaky mags...

leesprecision.co.uk

I received an email from Robert here stating that....

http://www.leesprecision.co.uk/magazine-shims-6/laser-cut-mag-shim-pack-of-4-tm-p226r-hi-capa-mk23-px4-5-7.html

&

http://www.leesprecision.co.uk/magazine-repair-kits/o-ring-repair-kit-for-we-socom-gear-m1911a1-magazines.html

...will fit the m&p mags, and that he is also working on complete rebuild kits and also base plate screws specifically for the m&p.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As for the VFC, I look at the HK3P M&P as a way to tie me over till the VFC comes out. I've been really impressed with all the VFC Glocks and M&Ps released so far and I can't see the VFC full size M&P will be any different.

So you rate the VFC M&Pc well, then? I've been waiting to see how people get on with those so I can attempt to justify one with a Viridian C5LR (and maybe an RMR or Deltapoint). Curse my love of handguns!

optic1.jpg

Posted this in the WE M&P review thread. Since this is a pic thread:

I took a little time to recontour and stipple my HK3P S&W trademarked M&P more like my real M&Ps. I decided to go with a blend between how Boresight Solutions and ATEiGuns do their frames. The one thing I've had trouble doing to my liking was cutting lines into the borders like how Boresight Solutions does his, so I omitted it (for now). The material WE used for the back straps are really gummy rubber and don't take stippling nearly as well as real back straps do.

Stipple texture close up:

Pic of the trigger undercut. Also, all seam lines have been removed (WE seams were pretty bad):

Texture comparison with my Boresight Solutions M&P frame:

Pic of my M&P Full Size family (top to bottom: HK3P, Boresight/ATEi, ATEi):

And for those who like the threaded barrel look:

Great job there bro.

Edited by Desert.Express

Actually, I have 5 M&P's (*gulp*)...

Makes sense.  I had a feeling it might be like that.  Anyway.  I can't talk seeing as I own multiples of the same airsoft guns. But seeing as RS is a bit more of an outlay, I was intrigued.

I am an airsoft tweaking simpleton and I managed to fix the full auto issue using YouTube videos.

I saw that too. If it starts manifesting in my gun, I'll definitely do it. I'll probably have to do it for my friend's M&P regardless.

So you rate the VFC M&Pc well, then?

I don't know how easy it'll be to put an in-slide RDS on the M&P replicas. But I have been impressed with how the VFC M&Pc performed. And I've not heard of any having issues. The WE variants all seem to have issues sooner or later from what I've seen.

Great job there bro.

Thanks!

Makes sense.  I had a feeling it might be like that.  Anyway.  I can't talk seeing as I own multiples of the same airsoft guns. But seeing as RS is a bit more of an outlay, I was intrigued.

I hadn't intended on buying as many RS ARs and handguns as I own. I really only wanted to get a couple of each (one as a back up for the other). lol

• 4 weeks later...

No idea if I'm being honest. Paid we two weeks ago and still haven't heard back.I asked for a m&p c sear, hop wheel and arm as they are a better fit.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cheers Mate,

Just out of curiosity yet again ;)

Let us know how the cear compares in size or appearance to the original,

and even better if it works.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally arrived!!

So I went to HK in August and while I was there I went shopping on my free day and decided to buy myself a pistol.

After some cajoling I managed to get the girl in the Hero Arms store to ship, it was my last day and the post office had closed early.

After some dicking about with customs over my ukara/personal insurance/sitemembership defences I finally have it.

Including shipping and fees for a grand total of £88 and a long wait.

I'm not where all my fettling tools are at the moment but she seems to shoot ok if a little sticky from lack of lube.

Holster hunting time. Recommendations?

Edited by farrasdevell
  • 1 month later...

Aside from the common (and quite valid) safety concerns, a major issue many people have with serpas is if you get debris/rocks inside the locking latch, you may be faced with having to dismantle the entire serpa to remove the gun. I've seen it happen on a real range but I've also seen it happen at an airsoft game. In both cases the shooter was lying on his handgun side in the dirt. I'm actually surprised it doesn't come up more often with airsofters since they're just as likely to end up crawling through dirt and bad terrain.

I do understand the appeal of the low cost and ease of use of the serpa though.