• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from the common (and quite valid) safety concerns, a major issue many people have with serpas is if you get debris/rocks inside the locking latch, you may be faced with having to dismantle the entire serpa to remove the gun. I've seen it happen on a real range but I've also seen it happen at an airsoft game. In both cases the shooter was lying on his handgun side in the dirt. I'm actually surprised it doesn't come up more often with airsofters since they're just as likely to end up crawling through dirt and bad terrain.

I do understand the appeal of the low cost and ease of use of the serpa though.

Interesting, I can honestly say I've never seen or even heard of this happening. I have owned four different serpa holsters for airsoft (226, USP, Five-seveN, and another Five-seveN), put them all through hell (dirt, mud, etc) and never had a single problem. I'll keep an eye on the two I have now and make sure to clean them out more, especially the ones I own for real steel.

• 4 weeks later...

A few shots comparing the trademarks between the original What Should have been HK3P release of the WE M&P full-size,

with the official trademarked release of the VFC M&Pc.

Unfortunately the full-scale HK3P release had shallower trademarks than expected.

I'm guessing the full-size VFC will be very similar to the compacts markings.

IMG_3851_zps8e1d641f.jpg

IMG_3845_zps28e793bd.jpg

IMG_3854_zps7e794343.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OK, got inspired by all the pics and am planning a build so I did a quick mock-up, it's kind of derpy but what do you guys think of the concept?

mp_sai_build_mockup.jpg

HK3P M&P9 tan as base

Ace1Arms SAI Black slide

Ace1Arms black tactical barrel

Ace1Arms SAI black flat-faced trigger with silver safety lever

Dytac 10-8 base plates.

Black backstraps.

And then eventually a stippling job, SAI style.

:D

I used a very old soldering iron from my fathers garage... The tip was a bit thick so i sanded it down a bit using a dremmel.

The lower was very greatful to stipple except the removable backstrap that was a bit sensetive mainly because of it was made out of rubber, so careful with that.

5gj7.jpg