• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, for my planned M&P SAI build, I wanted to get a nice kydex holster to go with it.

Looked around, power Googled and found KT Mech online. Looked decent enough, had positive reviews and prices were reasonable.

Went ahead and ordered one for the M&P 9 4.25" and with X300 Ultra light. Got it today and it is really really nice quality, fit and finish.

The gun with light was drop in fit, and the magazine holders I got work with some added tension on the screw.

Gun without light does not hold retention what so ever, but I think that is to be expected for an X300U spec holster for the M&P.

However, I forgot that I want to use the threaded barrel on my M&P and the holster does not accomodate this, and there was no option for it on their site. I have emailed them and asked if they can custom make one for that setup, and if so I will sell this and get another one.

The belt is from KT Mech as well, standard nylon belt but feels super heavy duty and high quality.

The holster actually still works with retention on the light housing even with the thread protector on there, but not exactly a snug fit, but I can turn it uspide down and wiggle it a fair bit before it falls out. Obviously the trigger is not protected and so on so it's not really that great. But whatchya gonna do.

kt_mech_M%2526P_01.jpg

kt_mech_M%2526P_02.jpg

kt_mech_M%2526P_03.jpg

kt_mech_M%2526P_04.jpg

kt_mech_M%2526P_05.jpg

kt_mech_M%2526P_06.jpg

Without thread protector on the fit looks like this:

kt_M%2526P_06.jpg

Backside:

kt_M%2526P_07.jpg

http://www.kt-mech.com/ is the website and they were very fast, friendly and helpful with everything from order, e-mails and questions etc. No hesitation in recommending them.

Just note this is only for the WE M&P that I know their holster fits.

Holster was $58 USD, mag holder $46 USD and belt was $20 USD.

Tanaka S&W 327 (or 627, since it's stainless) 'R8' Performance Center, 5", Steel Jupiter Finish. 

*snip*

ugh, i have been wanting one of these for a while. i wish it didn't look as good with that cmore or i wouldn't be quite that enthusiastic about it. only thing is i want the metal kit for it too but i'm not prepared yet to spend almost $800 for it. but some day.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for another edition of NonEx's *suitcasey* iPhone pics!

Today, WE M&P Ace1Arms SAI build;

cus_mp_tan_01.png

cus_mp_tan_02.png

cus_mp_tan_03.png

cus_mp_tan_04.png

cus_mp_tan_05.png

Compared to my concept sketch up I am pretty happy actually. Damn shame my traded HK3 tan frame and SAI trigger got caught in customs :(

Time for another edition of NonEx's *suitcasey* iPhone pics!

Today, WE M&P Ace1Arms SAI build;

cus_mp_tan_01.png

cus_mp_tan_02.png

cus_mp_tan_03.png

cus_mp_tan_04.png

cus_mp_tan_05.png

Compared to my concept sketch up I am pretty happy actually. Damn shame my traded HK3 tan frame and SAI trigger got caught in customs :(

That frame is yellin' "stipple meeeee"; nice gun but that WE marking needs to be covered :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ATEI Costa M&P 4.25"  (Detonator/WE)

My latest Custom-Build is an ATEI/Costa M&P, it is a fully functional WE build - Yes WE.

Its firing about 20fps more than the VFC and gas consumption is satisfactory.

Note if you are thinking of getting a WE for a custom build, the latest batch in Europe have the previous flaws sorted out, and can be recognised by a quality control sticker in the magwell.

As there is quite a backlog of old stock WE M&Ps in the UK, some of the newer quality controlled models are only available in mainland Europe as yet.

But if you buy from a shop that has a few in stock, you can try one out yourself and pick and choose.

Anyhow I wasn't expecting the M&P to be such a doddle to build, its basically take out the pin and parts, and drop them back in again in reverse order, no complicated springs or surprises.

You will have to file down at least 2mm of a small part of the hammer mechanism housing to allow the slide to move back smoothly, this has been shown elsewhere on the forums already, and also applies to the Ace One kits AFAIK.

A Special thanks to Airsoft Eire for getting me a working donor gun, and OCT (Japan) for a tremendous Custom stippling job.

Enjoy the photos.

IMG_4481_zpsc930330e.jpg

IMG_4493_zpsf3004f89.jpg

IMG_4499_zps7f569e29.jpg

IMG_4503_zps247f98ff.jpg

IMG_4513_zps87bf2c07.jpg

IMG_4522_zps4814c2ac.jpg

IMG_4528_zpsd5e790db.jpg

IMG_4476a_zpsbe3c3b87.jpg

IMG_4486_zpsa8709b2d.jpg

As HitmanNo2 mentioned some Hong Kong retailers including Boomarms have them at reasonable prices, CRW have the 5" advertised at $100 more expensive ($329) than Boomarms ($213), maybe it's a mistake, maybe not.

The Enten distribution deal meant Japan got them first this time around, hence the big prices.

But I'd go with Boomarms ;)

The OCT stippling job was their first ATEI type as far as I'm aware, they spray the finished product with Duracoat/Ceracoat (?)

So it's much blacker than in the above photos.

Here are some earlier iPhone shots I took where it's more noticeable.

04e6383ae3b47fcae7c011dcea956514_zpsd4c7

6ec71c91ffaa64f2c1022ba12739b008_zps30f4

557c1f78228d178df90dd5ab11835a76_zps3666

0501df1b0c7513303ad2f4943012493b_zps7576

97ad3e28684439818f98094b84857730_zps8db9

Edited by Squad 701

Yes I received the frame in the Post this morning, and had it built in about 10 minutes.

I had previously put the slide together.

I'm delighted how the frame turned out, the ATEI area/pattern made all the difference, compared to the normal SAI M&P stippled frame.

Thanks again for all your help, very efficient.

OCT did a decent job. ATEi didn't include stippling on the bottom of the trigger guard (maybe they did on the second run?) but in my opinion that is a bonus to have it there so kudos to that. Stippling overall is nice and even. Edges of the stippling along the perimeter are a little rough, but that is in large part due to the polymer WE used which isn't great compared to the real deal. The fact that OCT cerakoted the frame afterwards is also good though IMO unnecessary in most cases (but certainly not bad). Overall it's nice. Congrats!

I just wish detonator didn't engrave .40 on the barrel. My real Costa guns are all 9mm.

Edited by uscmCorps
  • 2 weeks later...

Gorgeous!!

Love it!!!

Damn now I have to buy one of these!!

Wolf

Hey Whiteknight.

In theory I only bought the Pro as an afterthought as I had the internals of a WE slide leftover, so I said why not two for the price of one in a Custom Costa Box that I had left over from my Costa Ludus 1911 build.

But the pro I'm really impressed with, it has the makings of a decent race gun, and with a hi-Capa type inner barrel should function quite accurately.

I don't think Detonator will release ATEi/SAI/Standard slides for the VFC/Cybergun after committing to WE, and with the TM on the horizon, unless Ace One release more stuff, thank god the Hong Kong prices are a bit more relaxed.

Edited by Squad 701