Safariland drop leg platform compatibility?

bobthebuilder

hello all.

I've got my hands on an inexpensive Safariland holster, but it's a belt mounted model. much as I like it, I'd prefer to have it set up drop-leg.

I know that the genuine article is hard to come by, and very expensive when you can, which leads me to my question.

is there an alternative? either using a different manufacturers base (blackhawk serpa?) or a clone of the safarilands?

Since when are the drop leg platforms hard to come by?  Is that a UK thing?

If you really need to go a different direction, G-Code's RTI mounting systems can be made to work.  Otherwise, you could try a UBL too.

The Safariland holster platforms seem to be pretty rare round here. the holsters are fairly hard to come by, and the few retailers I've found only stock complete holster setups (so I'd be paying for a load of stuff I don't need). which leaves me with either paying through the nose to import, trying to find one second hand, or finding an alternative.

what's the UBL?

I

ooooohhh! managed to miss that one (I think I assumed it was just a molle platform). only issue is the coulor (I'd prefer black), but I shall defineately keep that one in mind if nothing better is available. Thank you!

As said ebay is your best bet. I got mine for £15 plus postage from the states. Shops in the uk were rubbish at getting the model i wanted, one even asked me to fax over a copy of my section 5 firearms licence before they would answer my questions.

Minor hijack, as I didn't want to start a new thread - I have the opposite of OP's issue: I have a Safariland 6004 drop-leg platform; is it possible to take any other belt mounted holster and screw it on, or will it only fit the 6004 series? I see from pictures that other models like the 3085 series and others have very similar platforms, but I can't be 100% sure.

My intention would be to fit a 1911A1 with the VFC V1911 light.

Archived