Definition of what makes a good airsofter.

masterpro72

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An honest, approachable sportsperson with a good sense of humour. Someone who doesn't judge a player by their kit but by how they play (and if they feel appropriate add constructive feedback to others playstyle, in a respectful manner). They should be prepared to answer lots of questions from others, especially if they have an unusual piece of kit that people might not be familiar with and should be happy to help people less experienced in the sport. They need to realise that people play for different reasons, and not everyone might appreciate treating it with the same level of simulation and should do their best to roll with the general mood of the day.

You should be able to shake hands with the player after the game, or at least mention it was a good game.

Respect is key in the game.

I think I'm missing a lot but I'm tired. I'll revisit the thread when I wake up.

Gameplay wise, the ability to communicate well and a decent capacity to take/give orders helps too. Important to avoid being a burden, although personal skill isn't an issue.  But, I guess I have a compete mentality: if you're not playing to win, why play :P 

Someone who can turn up, play a game, take hits, don't moan at loses or show off at wins, have fun and not infringe on the fun that anyone else wants to have. Most of all talk to others and get involved.

That is what makes a great airsofter.

'FireKnife'

A respectful and honest player is the best.

Lets face it, some players just want to have fun, but you shouldn't do so at the expense of a milSim game, equally if you want to be giving orders and playing as close to realsim as you can get, it's not respectful to be blasting orders at a walk-on rentals game. Someone who doesn't judge other players, is proficient in their chosen arm, be it sniper, AR15, AK, jazzed up P90 or cheap springer. A good airsofter is one who is respectful of, and helpful toward other players. Offering advice in a positive way, being a true English gent. Even if you get your *albatross* handed to you on a plate in a whitewash defeat, you can still go up to the other team with a smile and a handshake and say well done for a good game.

At the end of the day, it's an honour sport and only the highest standards of sportsmanship and decency should be cultivated. No matter your style of play it's more than possible to play with respectfulness of your fellow 'softers and the game that is being played.

A respectful and honest player is the best.

Lets face it, some players just want to have fun, but you shouldn't do so at the expense of a milSim game, equally if you want to be giving orders and playing as close to realsim as you can get, it's not respectful to be blasting orders at a walk-on rentals game. Someone who doesn't judge other players, is proficient in their chosen arm, be it sniper, AR15, AK, jazzed up P90 or cheap springer. A good airsofter is one who is respectful of, and helpful toward other players. Offering advice in a positive way, being a true English gent. Even if you get your *albatross* handed to you on a plate in a whitewash defeat, you can still go up to the other team with a smile and a handshake and say well done for a good game.

At the end of the day, it's an honour sport and only the highest standards of sportsmanship and decency should be cultivated. No matter your style of play it's more than possible to play with respectfulness of your fellow 'softers and the game that is being played.

I take back what I said, this is the textbook definition of a good airsofter. 

6'4'', nude, owns a various coloured things, has a horse with a diamond studded 10 gallon hat. Never forget they allways need a cloak and a bag of bbs so they can sit in the corner and throw them at people.

In all seriousness, honesty and self control. The amount of times ive seen people get farrrr to angry over nothing.

A hilarious amount of bumsexing.

Not till I get paid for the last lot

Meanwhile back on topic:

I think the qualities of a good airsofter are someone who is respectful of the site and rules of the game by playing within the rules and spirit of the game. They should also show respect to fellow players (their side and opfor) both on and off the field and willing to help the newer players

Personally I'm not too bothered about if the person is any good, just as long as they do the above and remember that it's just a game and everyone is there to have fun

Isn't considering team mates, especially newbies "a burden" a sign of an airsofter who maybe isn't entirely showing respect for others? :busted_blue:

Newbies aren't a burden - I'm talking about the tactical elephant following you around chatting loudly as you flank, or the OVERLY milsim guy that won't let anyone else have fun. The guy that brings the day to their level rather than the other way around :P 

It's true. I hesitate to say berserker, but it's a pretty accurate representation of my playstyle. I play to win, and that means I lose most of the mil-simmers swear by, and dash around just what I need. 

It works most of the time too in the corridors as you just have to keep a steady stream of fire (a few bb's a second maybe) as you're advancing on someone and they'll hide or get hit :P - It's a long held belief of mine that 90% of airsofter's are content to sit watching a door for 10 minutes rather than get stuck in and push the battle forwards, so I try to give things a kick up the bum. 

Archived