Definition of what makes a good airsofter.

masterpro72

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about you, but persoalbally I just cannot take airsoft seriously. Some people treat it as life and death, some blur the lines between fantasy and reality and others just play the game as a game...those are the people I like to play with.

Honesty and honour, common sense and camaradrie. Nothing detracts from a day's gaming than the bestial bellows of "TAKE YOUR F'IN HITS!"

Just relax, stay friendly, listen to the rules and play to have fun :)

What do you mean "good airsofter"?

You can't be "good" at airsoft. It doesn't have any specific goal other than personal satisfaction from the time you invest in it.

I guess a "good" airsofter is one who has a high satisfaction-to-time-invested ratio then?

• 3 weeks later...

Respect is key in the game.

For me this is it.

Good humor, hit-taking, safety consciousness, public awareness, etc. All of these things are important, but stem, for me from respect - for both self and for others.

All of the ills we find in the game can be rooted in a fundamental lack of respect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The better players I know all have the following traits:

Honest - some even call out in the middle of a loud firefight at the sound of twig snapping nearby

Respectable - unless it's for a rare comical comment that ends with them receiving the firing line treatment, there's no shooting their mouth off and claiming to be better than others

Approachable - in hand with being respectable, players feel ok with asking a question or two about how to mod a gun, what gear is recommended etc

Sociable - a positive mind set and a desire to play not just to shoot guns but to meet others tends to form a better relationship with players around you, therefore the player is less likely to be dishonest

Modest - they are open to suggestion and don't assume they know everything or have megalomaniacal tendencies to dictate to others how the game should be played (I heard recently of a group who were trying to enforce a strict rank system in their team, where the person at the top didn't take into account the rest of the team members' needs and spoke down to them as if they were beneath him, not a good move IMHO)

Most importantly, not too serious - remember, it is just a game. ;)

Most importantly, not too serious - remember, it is just a game. ;)

This always makes me laugh, the people that think it is serious. Too many people just can't take a game as well a game :P.

Every hobby I have you get this and I either just avoid them or laugh along with others at them when they rage quit as they just can't win.

'FireKnife'

It's just not a game/hobby that I can take seriously. It's just plain not serious, I mean...it's just like playing cops and robbers on the street - exact same honour code/system, except with more realistic looking gear.

It's just not a game/hobby that I can take seriously. It's just plain not serious, I mean...it's just like playing cops and robbers on the street - exact same honour code/system, except with more realistic looking gear.

Does that make attitude filled geardos the equivalent of the kid that bothers to buy the Poundland revolver toy with holster and argues whenever anyone else fake shot them? :P

'FireKnife'

I laugh at those. Sometimes I point as well as laugh.

We had a couple of rage quitters the other week. Left site at lunchtime

"I shot you about 15 times you cheat"

"Correction, you shot the ground about 10 metres in front of me about 15 times, you were probably too busy getting all that kit on for a 1.5 hour game and forgot to set the hop on your gun"

Those make me laugh, but then I do feel sorry for the genuine players that are lumping 10-15 rounds into a guy, each a clear hit and still as the target wont admit they have been bested they refuse to take it.

Personally I just get closer, or if close enough aim at other areas. I have yet to need my reverse 2+1 to prove a point but one day I will and have already come close a few times.

'FireKnife'

I believe that the key to being a decent airsoft player is no different to the qualities needed to be considered a 'good-sport' in any other competitive game.

Fortunately, I've found the vast majority of airsoft players to be just that (give or take a bit of polish).

I believe that the key to being a decent airsoft player is no different to the qualities needed to be considered a 'good-sport' in any other competitive game.

Fortunately, I've found the vast majority of airsoft players to be just that (give or take a bit of polish).

Lucky you, seeing as choice here is limited you get every type lumped in one site, damn it is hard to put up with :P.

Though I recall when I started things where a little different, the geardos where fewer and kept to their own 'private' games.

'FireKnife'

The big majority of the guys who go to the sites I do are smashing brilliant players though

I can't wait until I get back to a situation like that.

Up here it is either cheats that you can't call as they are mates of the site owner or people that claim it is all in the name of fun yet suffer heavily from that 'sudden rage' issue that I noticed is common in the proper locals around here.

Sadly it means the remaining 15-20 decent players have to put up with their actions, which is not fun at all.

'FireKnife'

That sounds truely awful, I think there's an in-crowd at all sites, but for that to translte to any sort of unfair advantage for regulars is just rotten.

Also, seeing a grown man throwing a wobbly, that would shame even my two and-a-half year old son, can be really excrutiating. Perhaps some sites should instigate a 'naughty step', it works with my boy, and the mindsets of a toddler and a raging airsoft player probably aren't too distant.

Archived