I use frog lube on all my aeg gearboxes , linkages ,and also some of my kit . Popper studs, zips etc also use it in all my gbb pistols etc . It is also a very effective waterproofing agent alongside it lubricating properties . Only trouble is I smell like a dental surgery every time I skirmish ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm using the liquid on my GBBR, and I love the stuff - The action is butter smooth, and value for money wise, very little is required. I like the smell 'n all, plus the cartoon frog is pretty bonus.

I'm applying on the hammer roller, a drop in the FCG, a dab around the recoil buffer and middle of the BCG. As a side note, I've also been using it on the nozzle O-ring since I got the gun, and I can see no visible signs of harm to it. Possibly decent quality rubber standing up to it, but I think I'll probably go back to using silicone on the O-ring to be safe.

• Like 1

Put a fair amount on the inside of my LM4.  All over the bolt carrier, little bit inside the buffer tube, inner surfaces of the upper and on the hammer/roller.  Took a hair drier to each part before applying and (much to my surprise) the steel was almost too hot to touch after a couple of minutes, the liquid went on with no worries at all.

I was disappointed that the smell faded fairly quickly, but then I blasted out 5 mags on semi as fast as physically possible this afternoon and created a lovely cloud of minty fresh aroma after about 2 mags.

• 2 weeks later...

A GBB works by expanding liquid turning into gas, which is an endothermic reaction and thus cools the gun down.

Sorry to come to this somewhat after the event but just to try and avoid a misunderstanding propogating. There a few things not quite right with the above explanation of the reason why a GBB weapon cools when fired.

1 An expanding liquid does not turn in to a gas because it is expanding. A liquid turns in to a gas if enough energy is present to cause it to change state. For example heat a pan of water to make it boil and generate steam. Heat is applied to the water to change it's state in to steam. There is a pressure relationship as well, drop the pressure and you meed less energy to change state from liquid to gas. Liquids do expand when heated but it is the input of energy which causes both the expansion and the change of state from liquid to gas.

2 There is no reaction. For a reaction to take place you need two chemicals to react with each other. This may require the input of energy which would be endothermic, as you say, or the release of energy which would be exothermic. However you would also end up with one or more different chemicals to what you started with. If you have a mag full of propane and fire a shot you just release propane to the atmosphere you don't have something different after you pulled the trgger..

3 Despite what I said in 1 above while inputting heat to the system helps, a warm mag on a hot day will work better than a cold mag freshly filled on a cold day, it isnt what actually makes the GBB gas work. The drop in temperature does happen when you release a gas under pressure. This is because of the physics / thermodynamics of gasses and not the chemistry of a reaction. If you allow a gas under pressure to expand rapidly through a nozzle or small orifice then the temperature will drop thanks to the ideal gas law and is known as adiabatic expansion or cooling.

Apologies for the interruption I now return you to your normal service.

Edited by Mike 8-{>
  • Like 1