cazboab

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I can see, instead of the BBU normally pushing down the trigger bar to reset the trigger, a separate piece does it, so if in the case it wears down, instead of replacing the whole BBU, you'll just have to replace the specific full-auto mech piece. 

Also the G&P car15s are not suitable for BHD, (dunno why he said that...) and they're not even very good for 'nam cos they switched to the XM177s almost immediately.

I think he made that comment in regard of the XM they're supposedly releasing simultaneously with the car15. Although wasn't the car15 released like at least an year ago.

As far as I can see, instead of the BBU normally pushing down the trigger bar to reset the trigger, a separate piece does it, so if in the case it wears down, instead of replacing the whole BBU, you'll just have to replace the specific full-auto mech piece. 

As a technician, Honestly, it just sounds like something that will be prone to failure. Maybe Im wrong and it will be rock solid. If thats the case I would still be interested in the fullsize M&P, especially given VFC's record of really nice externals (My Mp5 for example is beautiful on the outside, probably nicer then most real Mp5s). But, given the finicky nature of full auto pistols, and their tendency to lose their semi-auto function, I am just leery about this being a "feature".

While I dont imagine I would see many of them come into my shop, I can imagine most of these winding up as full auto only pistols.

I think he made that comment in regard of the XM they're supposedly releasing simultaneously with the car15. Although wasn't the car15 released like at least an year ago.

If he did I missed it, but yeah the G&P Car15 in both versions, and the XM177e1 and e2 have been available from G&P for ages

Now, I know what we're all thinking when he said that, but leave it...

Teehee, also is it me or could they have got a model with a bit more chest to match the face? ;)

But in the case of this gun I may and I may not, that full auto thing hasn't really sold me but based on the issues WE have been having with the full sized M&Ps I hope they are cured for the compact. If so it will make for a difficult choice.

'FireKnife'

First report is in over at arms-cool, looks pretty good I have to say;

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-130134-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhiYI96AQqHDzqRM0rMGzBpoMfclpA

But a few things still put me off;

1. M&P9C... mweh !
  2. Full Auto Switch... mweh !
  3. VCF, don't trust them, no experience, glad to be proven wrong :)

VCF, don't trust them, no experience, glad to be proven wrong :)

If Stark is indeed a division of VFC (as various well-informed people have said on this forum over recent weeks), then VFC actually has plenty of experience making GBB pistols.  This one will be coming out under the VFC brand label because they did the deal with Cyberbum to license the trades.

Ah, mag catch, didn't catch that first time around, yeah that is nice!

I took a look at the WE and I believe if you enlarged the left side hole on the frame a little, and remove a little material from the right side of the button, it too could be reversed, but of course it's stupid you would have to do that kind of mod. Can't understand why they didn't just make it reversible out of the box :o

RS sights, always a good option I guess.

I think they showed that the S&W emblem on the frame was kind off of in the markings and size, no biggie I guess but kind of sad to see when it is officially licensed.

As for VFC as brand, I will probably give the 4 1/4 pistol a go, but my OCD kind of wants me to keep my "stable" of guns to one major brand just because, it feels better... Yes, it's that bad :)

I guess my OCD also dictates that I should have the fully traded models if available so...

mimesis

"If Stark is indeed a division of VFC (as various well-informed people have said on this forum over recent weeks), then VFC actually has plenty of experience making GBB pistols. This one will be coming out under the VFC brand label because they did the deal with Cyberbum to license the trades."

Hmmm, you are one of few to say that actually. People have the VFC Mp5, and I have heard little to nothing about the pistols, but what I heard is that they are "mweh".

I guess it's a good thing WE came out first or they might be in trouble :o

Anyone know what hop system this uses ? TM VSR or proprietary ?

Not to de-rail this thread, but on the note of the full-auto I'm very impressed so far.  Just got my hands on the Glock 19 by them and I have to say I'm impressed.  The full-auto switch isn't super loose or anything, it engages very positively.  

With the fit and finish of this Glock 19 I'm going to have ZERO reservations about placing an order for the M&P compact when it hits stores.  

Yeah I know this. But still. Once you rattle that thing off on full auto a few houndred rounds the switch might not be so tight anymore...

We shall see.

Now I want a Stark traded Glock as well :P

It's (S&W M&PC) up at TMC with a preliminary price of 116 USD. Not in stock though obviously.

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=58&products_id=9941

Archived