Remington XP-100

renegadecow

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! Moving on to staining now with a first coat of walnut. Will give it a second coat of mahogany to get it the right reddish tinge and add a bit of swirly touches.

IMG_4017.jpg

edit:

I'll also be needing some snazzy looking retro holster for this, Raybans, sideburns, and a turtleneck sweater. My neighbor has a 69 Ford Mercury Cougar I could probably sneak to and get pictures with.

Kinda goofed a bit. After gluing in the inlay I decided to rub the sanding sealer on instead of brushing. This unfortunately picked up some of the wood stain making for a more marbleized color than I wanted. So I'm thrown back by at least a step, lightly sanded everything and reapplied wood stain for a more uniform color. While I wait for that to dry thoroughly before clear coat, I'll be working on modifying the rail mount to have a cutout (no real sense forking up $40 for the Laylax one) and proceed to painting the barrel. Trigger guard and magazine cover will have to come last.

IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4033.jpg

IMG_4034.jpg

*images taken before applying sanding sealer

But, but I like that crazy gloss. Cheesy and swanky at the same time.

Anyways, the sealer was just to fill in small nicks and scratches I failed to sand out. Problem was it's too strong and affects the finish.  If I try and brush it on it's gonna get to thick in some ares I don't want it to fill in. With that I've started spraying it with clear lacquer and I'll need to fill in those little pits manually by lightly sanding the lacquer and going over it again for about 3 coats.

But, but I like that crazy gloss. Cheesy and swanky at the same time.

Anyways, the sealer was just to fill in small nicks and scratches I failed to sand out. Problem was it's too strong and affects the finish.  If I try and brush it on it's gonna get to thick in some ares I don't want it to fill in. With that I've started spraying it with clear lacquer and I'll need to fill in those little pits manually by lightly sanding the lacquer and going over it again for about 3 coats.

Ares on the mind - you can't let that go can you? :P

Well they bloody owe me money which I was to spend on a shiny new motorcycle, so yeah. Now I have to break my back selling wooden ponies to get back the cash for it.

skyteam%20ace%20racer%20cafe%20bike.jpg

edit:

Really, that was just an honest typo. What you get trying to type with one hand, hold a cup of hot cocoa in the other while biting on a bagel.

Archived