Remington XP-100

renegadecow

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was one way I was considering to do (simpler and done with one piece and a spring). But this one has a static trigger guard and a sliding lock right on top of it. To release the lock you pull back on the screw head forward the trigger and then pivot the whole guard down. Also my mag seems to have trouble pushing up the last round. The follower seems to not want to go all the way out sometimes so the last round just gets pushed down by the nozzle if the gun is horizontal. Of course you could always tip the gun during loading to get that last bb in. When I get more mags I'll try modding those G&P 50rd mags instead as those are already double stacked.

Beautiful work as always! Watching your work brings a highlight to my day. Anything you'd do differently? Any idea on what project you'll do next?

Maybe do it in actual natural hardwood. Less problems without doing the cladding step and if I sponge on the wood stain it would probably do the same swirly effect. Next project is a simple Lage M11 conversion I'm doing for a friend. DO NOT LOOK IT UP! YOU WILL GO BLIND!

I'm also wanting to make an AEP PP-2000 and maybe for next years competition a GBB OC-14 Groza.

I could have sworn MGC licensed some WA system and built an AR-7, but my Google-fu reveals that it was a PFC rather than BB-firing version...

If you wanted to take it easy, you could always do the Ruger 10/22 Takedown. Soooo many choices that are sooooooo much better looking than that Lage (though, to be fair, what isn't?).

Ok, time for some data. I was able to skirmish with the XP-100 yesterday as my primary and I'm extremely happy with its performance. Did 325fps on a Guarder chrono using .30g bbs (comes out at 1.4J) and when I did some paper tests today, I got these as best grouping:

xp-100.jpg

The black ring is 3" in diameter and was firing at it at exactly 20m distance. Smallest group measures 1.71" (top) and the next at a little over 2". The groups are shooting a bit high as I've calibrated the hop and scope to be zeroed at 30m which should land dead center of the ring. 40-50m and it should be hitting at the lower edge of the ring. Yesterday I also checked to see how far the A+ rubber can launch bbs and they were sailing well past 60 at a relatively level path only they veer left/right my as much as a foot from windage.

Archived