This was for my new HK416, which I couldnt get so it'll go on the new M4 RIS instead. I've had one of these before and in all fairness it was ! the wiring was very poor and thin BUT when I saw this and it even had surefire trademarks down the side I thought; why not! it was about £40 from RSOV.

The box was a plain card affair with Element branding on it but it did the job of protecting what was inside.

the grip is a significant step up from some of the other versions and the build quality and overall fit and finish is excellent. There are several ways to operate the grip once it is mounted. Firstly there are two large pressure pads on the vertical grip, then there is a one off switch on the back of the light unit which is a twist on/off affair. At the back is the pressure pad for the navigation lights of which there is one on each side of the main bulb assembly. These also have a really cool little rubber cover to protect them linked by a bungee so they won't fall of.

9CD26D94-26B4-4750-9F4D-3F6107781C89-281
2B281F27-718F-41FC-BE0A-8875D0E8EEFA-281
564ACBE7-39AB-46A3-9413-BCB4CCC0F764-281
A54B980E-632C-4D3F-9797-26AD81B3341E-281
The batteries go in the grip body and it takes 3 CR123A batteries. the base cap screws in and then there is a little catch to further secure it in place. the on/off switch is on the bottom of this cap.
56685C47-AD2D-49E6-BFCD-B99B37247364-281
the wiring too looks like a step up and i would guesstimate that it is possibly 18awg so fairly good.

I suppose thats all well and good but how does it work? Well being a numpty I thought I'd shine it in my eyes to see. BIG mistake! I couldn't actually see for a minute or two after and even then there were strange flashing lights in my periphery, oh and I got a head ache too! doh

overall, and only cause i don't like giving anything 10! i give it 9.5/10