Custom WE Hi-Power build

judgeman

Airsoft? Real Steel? No *fruitcage* that I do both together.

A sexually magical experience between John Moses Browning and the CEO of WE Airsoft.

The aim of this project is to convert a WE Browning Hi-Power into something closely resembling a Mk III BHP using as many lovely rs bits as I could get ahold of before your draconian gun laws become our draconian gun laws and parts as a whole dry up.

So this

GP-WE-HI-POWER.jpg

Somehow has to become this

browning-hi-power-mark-iii-9mm.jpg

There are a few problems to overcome, most obvious being the slide, but we'll get to that to later.

The first thing to purchase was a RS BHP spur hammer, which served to be easy to find.

Now when you line up the WE hammer and the RS hammer, you notice that the WE hammer has a channel cut into it for the various internal bits to shimmie through, where as the RS is solid metal.

Nothing a dremel can't solve, so about 20 minutes later I got this:

0108131431_zpsbc0790b4.jpg

It's not a perfect fit yet, as she requires some more cutting / fileing, but that is/was the stock WE strut.

It then promptly snapped the strut when I tried to remove it, so I bought a real one.

More updates to follow as I start to figure all this out.

• 2 weeks later...

The idea was to use a plethora of real steel parts for this sort of just as a test bed for more of these down the road, ie what will work /  won't work. Often times, these things will work with just a little bit (or sometimes a lot) of grinding and filing. I did the same on my National Match build (which is for sale btw) when I ground down a rs Springfield Armory serrated 1911 slide stop I had left over from when I replaced it with a extended WC one. Five minutes and it fit.

I prefer the work that goes into shaping these bits over slapping $60 down on a Nova or LCT part any day of the week.

The idea was to use a plethora of real steel parts for this sort of just as a test bed for more of these down the road, ie what will work /  won't work. Often times, these things will work with just a little bit (or sometimes a lot) of grinding and filing. I did the same on my National Match build (which is for sale btw) when I ground down a rs Springfield Armory serrated 1911 slide stop I had left over from when I replaced it with a extended WC one. Five minutes and it fit.

I prefer the work that goes into shaping these bits over slapping $60 down on a Nova or LCT part any day of the week.

Very nice, if you can do it, love RS parts on an airsoft piece, especially as it gives you as close to real weight feel as you can get. Unfortunately getting RS parts, especially for pistols, is a real big issue here in the UK

So for those still following this project I had a micro-breakthrough tonight: I now have a fully working, stock Browning Hi Power ambi-saftey fitted to my WE pistol. Hammer is as of yet only 80% complete due to my lack of tool access (i'm doing this *suitcase* with only a dremel and some needle files). I plan to remedy this soon. I also got some funky vegas-themed grips that i'm still not sold on. If anyone out there in internet land would have a pair of stock mk 3 or wood bhp grips, pm me and we'll work a trade out.

More updates to follow here soon as well as pictures.

Archived