• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This won't be a super comprehensive review, but I wanted to post my initial impressions of the newest Glock 19 to the airsoft market.   Unboxing: The gun comes in a plain jane brown box with some fo

NOTE: This is in reference to the pics of RS Glock 23 on previous page.   Finally got some daylight here, but I am starting to think my iPhone camera is broken or something because all the shots cam

Thanks.   I had to re-do the pics, I don't know what I was on but the above look like ######. Edit time had ran out so.... Maybe just a subtle change to you, but here are the shots again with less a

Posted Images

I hope the original topic starter would not mind then. Here are my pictures and impressions.

Package.

Nothing interesting. Cheap and simple.

vfc01_zpsd8a22ff6.jpg

What you get: gun, magazine, manual, metal outer barrel and BB follower if you want to turn off the slide lock function.

I already installed the metal outer barrel.

vfc02_zps73afc99e.jpg

The gun:

vfc03_zps35de6b7b.jpg

vfc04_zps8c5e4022.jpg

Magazines:

vfc05_zpsae2f0a66.jpg

vfc06_zpsff846dc3.jpg

Taken apart:

vfc07_zps8b94b923.jpg

vfc08_zpsc3a68ff4.jpg

vfc09_zpsfeab604c.jpg

Full auto switch:

vfc11_zps9aab4189.jpg

vfc10_zps9a29d321.jpg

Hopup:

vfc12_zpsd79ef100.jpg

vfc13_zps2f3dc8dc.jpg

vfc15_zps05ed8730.jpg

As you can see the dialer was installed with the wrong side down by the factory.

Nozzle:

vfc16_zps8ef436f9.jpg

Sights. One of them was really slant. I sold it before I could figure out which one. And the thingy under the rear sight was already bent.

vfc17_zps9fda1dda.jpg

vfc18_zpsc081a439.jpg

Overall:

Really cool real looking trademarks.

English manual.

Magazines were leak free from the start. There were some feeding problems but those were gone after 20 rounds. There are factory provided O rings in the inlet valves but they tend to come out too easily.

With one fill I managed to shoot about 35-40 rounds on room temperature with Coleman propane gas.

lide wooble.

Probably potmetal slide. Definitely not aluminium.

Plastic sights and spring guide rod.

Compared to a TM Glock cycling was terrible. Really, it was the complete opposite of smooth. Even with a shitload of lubing material.

Basically a cheap good looking medium quality gun. How long it lasts time will tell.

After one day I decided that this gun is not for me. It was too small for my hand and having owned TM pistols I just could not get along with the low quality and cheap materials of this one. Also there is basically no aftermarket support yet.

• Like 1

Thanks for the review. The piece under the rear sight ... what is the function of it? Is it a bar spring to hold the rear sight under tension and stay in place?

I'm not too surprised the slide is pot metal vs aluminum for the asking price. And as for the cheap sights, most RS shooters are adamant that the RS Glock sights should without a doubt be the first thing that's replaced on real Glocks so this VFC ironically follows that trend.

Regarding the slide smoothness (or lack thereof), did you try breaking it in or looking to see where the binding was occurring?

Piece under the rear sight: that is a metal spacer between the BBU housing and the rear sight.

I think when it comes to realism VFC beats everyone. :)

It is not an actual VFC barrel but the encircled area is where the slide can not come over easily. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. My english needs some overhaul. :P

glockbarrel_zps366841da.jpg

I tried to break it in but it did not seem to work. In 50-70 rounds and almost the same amount of manual cycling did not help about it. Or I failed to notice it.

Probably some filing or sanding could have helped it.

Edited by emp3ror86

emp3ror86, where did you buy yours from? Curious.

I had a chance to check out the VFC/Stark branded G19 and G17 test samples at a local vendor. I was most interested in checking out two things for myself first hand:

1. Real steel magazine base plate compatibility:

vfcmagbaseangles.jpg

vfcmagbaseinserted.jpg

As others have noted, I'm happy to report that the real steel mag base plates are 100% compatible with the VFC mags ... though the fit is really tight. But it'll probably loosen up over time.

2. Real sight compatibility:

The OEM VFC rear sight slips out without much fuss. Though, I will add that it's under a pretty good amount of tension and shouldn't slip out on it's own under normal usage and handling:

vfcrearrssight1.jpg

The following shows the bar that holds the BBU in place and sits under the rear sight dovetail:

vfcrearrssight2.jpg

Here's a pic of a real 10-8 Glock rear sight inserted into the VFC Glock dovetail. The metal bar that holds the BBU in place is partially visible. Which can probably be covered up with a piece of styrene painted black cut to fit the base of the dovetail:

vfcrearrssight3.jpg

Here you can see a little more clearly just how oversized the VFC dovetail is compared to a RS dovetail. Using styrene to shim the bottom, but mostly the front and/or rear of the dovetail should keep the real rear sight closer to the top face of the slide:

vfcrearrssight4.jpg

Next I'll check to see if the hop-up unit dials on all the samples are installed correctly. 

What are you looking for? 
I can link you to it. I dont buy from them online I buy at their local store haha!

Here are the link to the Stark Arms mags

http://www.kic.com.tw/shop/product_info.php?info=p8979_Stark-Arms-G17---G18C--------------------.html&XTCsid=24657c9462395707dd93b620fc7be1ed

Making an account is a pain, but google translate is your friend! If you cannot figure it out, PM me and I will assist you!

Edited by dazdarren

At the risk of being a broken record, aren't these the people who won't send Glocks to the US (even puttied over and/or split into parts)?  I would speculate that this is the reason why they're one of the few, if not the only, webseller who still has these things in stock.

At the risk of being a broken record, aren't these the people who won't send Glocks to the US (even puttied over and/or split into parts)? I would speculate that this is the reason why they're one of the few, if not the only, webseller who still has these things in stock.

I was under that exact same impression. If these can be found in HK, I'd like to know. As I'll be back there in a few weeks and would gladly mail myself a few home for myself and some instructors I know who need them for force on force training.

Looked at kicbbgun ... they don't have much english on their site. How easy was it to order? They also don't seem to list magazines.

You have to email Jessica to order one...

The problem is I already tried and she said they are unable to do so due to seizure risk.

• 2 months later...

How has no one commented on the mould mark crease lines at the backend of the slide on the top sides ? :o

Visible in eHobbyAsia pictures.

Edge is semi-smooth bevel but there is a sharp line running on the back 1/3rd of the slide on both sides... at the top outer edges.

Glock 17 CNC is nicer in that respect of course but the finish of the Glock 19 slide and metal barrel is nicer overall. Better lustre and gloss.

Sorry Nonex, I didnt like the finish thought it looked a little untidy, with little scratch marks a seem lines everywere, the markings on the sights were as bad as the stark g18 I had and scratch off with ease. Also I didnt like the slide action, it feels slugish, I changed the recoile rod and spring, filed the railes on the slide which had a lot of mold imperfections and things seemed to improve some what but still not as nice as it should be (no were near as slick as a Marui Glock). The price is good but I think I would spend my money on a WE g19 Gen 4 instead.

• Like 1