• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This won't be a super comprehensive review, but I wanted to post my initial impressions of the newest Glock 19 to the airsoft market.   Unboxing: The gun comes in a plain jane brown box with some fo

NOTE: This is in reference to the pics of RS Glock 23 on previous page.   Finally got some daylight here, but I am starting to think my iPhone camera is broken or something because all the shots cam

Thanks.   I had to re-do the pics, I don't know what I was on but the above look like ######. Edit time had ran out so.... Maybe just a subtle change to you, but here are the shots again with less a

Posted Images

OK, let me try that again and let's see if I can make it in one comprehensive post.

Also, remember my point of view is as a collector with OCD and the ultimate goal is realism. So when I say something is recommended, it is from that point of view, you make up your own mind about which parts you feel you want.

Glock reference : http://www.brownells.com/schematics/Glock-/Models-17-39-sid858.aspx#r15sid858

Stark reference : http://stark-arms.com/S19_18_17_manual_021303.pdf (page 16 & 17)

Front sight

Glock reference: 17

Stark reference: 02

Fit: Drop in fit.

Installation: Easy. Though the hex-screw is a bit fiddly unless you have the correct tool for it.

Functionality: 100% retained.

Added value: Overall better stock sight even with Glock OEM polymer sights, but allows for use of other RS Glock sights.

Recommended: Yes. Cheap, but adds more realism and functionality depending on what you go for.

Rear sight

Glock reference: 16

Stark reference: 04

Fit: Drop in fit, but requires spacing to be a tight fit. I used two layers of tape. RS Glock sights are a hair narrower than the Stark sights and leaves about 0.125mm of space on either side of the sight and slide.

Installation: Easy, slides right in place.

Added value: Overall better stock sight even with Glock OEM polymer sights, but allows for use of other RS Glock sights.

Recommended: Yes. Cheap, but adds more realism and functionality depending on what you go for.

Slide plate cover

Glock reference: 15

Stark reference: 16

Fit: Poor fit. Does not fit out of the box, attemps to reshape did not go very well. Also, this plate is smaller than Stark one so there is more spacing between slide cut out and this slide plate cover.

Installation: Difficult / Impossible.

Functionality: N/A

Added value: N/A

Recommended: No, does not fit, and if you manage to make it fit, looks worse installed than Stark stock part.

Recoil spring assembly

Glock reference: 3

Stark reference: 33, 34, 35, 36

Fit: It does fit, but the recoil spring guide rod is about 1-2mm too long and sticks out of the front of the slide. Could be modified by filing down the hop up unit, but probably not worth it. Also, spring is way too stiff obviously for the airsoft pistol, and there is no easy way to change springs since this is a captured unit. Although I did read you can disassemble it but only works 1-3 times before it fails.

Installation: N/A

Recommended: No, does not fit and not worth it with required mods to make it work.

Trigger

Glock reference: 26

Stark reference: 43

Fit: Not a drop in fit. Firstly the Glock trigger is a single unit with trigger bar attached. It is retained by a blind pin, i.e. only shows on one side. Small cosmetic sacrifice has to be made to remove RS Glock trigger bar. You need to make a hole on the oposite side of the pin and pish the pin out. Then the Stark trigger bar needs to be reshaped to mimic the shape of the RS Glock one on the end that goes into the trigger where the pin is at.

Installation: Medium. Removal of pin is a *badgeress* and leaves permanent mark. Reshaping of trigger bar is no biggie with the right tools. I also had to file off some material at the bottom of the frame where the tigger safey bar goes over as it was too high and got caught up. After that installation is drop in fit.

Added value: Maybe? It's nice to have an RS Glock trigger because the material, shape and design and pins etc. are real, but the downside is the cosmetic mark on the right hand side of the trigger. For me with OCD, it bothers me. Possibly a way to make it less visible.

Recommended: Not really, unless you have serious OCD... See above.

Slide stop lever w/ spring

Glock reference: 27

Stark reference: 49, 50

Fit: Almost drop in fit. Had to reshape the tab that interacts with the BB follower. It was too wide and got caught on the magazine feed lips. Also had to space the bottom of the tab because it was too high up and failed to engage the slide.

Installation: Once tab is reshaped and spaced, no harder than stock Stark part. Actually easier because the spring is retained on RS Glock part.

Functionality: Hmmm... Retained, but questionable long-term durability effects on slide.

Added value: Well, it's real, and you can choose whichever RS Glock slide stop lever you want!

Recommended: Maybe. Does not add _that_ much over stock one, but RS selection is nice. Also, concerned about additional slide wear due to using RS steel part, although the stock one is also magnetic (steel?) metal.

Slide lock

Glock reference: 21

Stark reference: 52

Fit: Not a drop in fit, and does not work even with mods to make it fit. Shaped wrong at the top where the barrel locks into place.

Installation: N/A

Recommended: Nope, does not work.

Slide lock spring

Glock reference: 20

Stark reference: 40

Fit: Not a drop in fit. Has to be reshaped and cut down. Smaller in width than stock spring. Requires filing down a notch on bottom of front inner metal frame.

Installation: Once mods were done, fairly easy.

Functionality: Retained but was a bit iffy due to the spring being narrower and also bent by hand (not straight bends).

Added value: Better spring retention than stock one.

Recommended: No, can't really say it is. Too much work with not enough in return. I wanted this becase after taking the Stark Glock 19 appart half a dozen times the stock spring was significantly weakened. But it is easier to just bend it back than install RS one.

Trigger pin

Glock reference: 28

Stark reference: 46

Fit: Drop in fit, although ever so slightly smaller in diameter and width than stock pin.

Installation: Easy.

Functionality: 100% retailed.

Added value: RS part FTW!

Recommended: For the money, and the fact that it is drop in fit, and if you have OCD or whatever, yes. :P

Locking block pin

Glock reference: 34

Stark reference: 47

Fit: Drop in fit, although ever so slightly smaller in diameter and width than stock pin.

Recommended: For the money, and the fact that it is drop in fit, and if you have OCD or whatever, yes. :P

Trigger housing pin

Glock reference: 29

Stark reference: 55

Fit: Drop in fit. Stock pin is metal/steel, RS Glock pin is polymer, and very very slightly too wide so it shows itself on the sides of the hole.

Magazine catch

Glock reference: 19

Stark reference: 51

Fit: Drop in fit, but requires modifcation to stock Stark spring. Or modification required but keep stock spring intact. I would recommend the former.

Installation: Easy for the first alternative, medium for the second.

Added value: Adds realism in terms of fit and finish but retains 100% functionality. Fit in relative terms, it is very slightly smaller than the stock one, but from the pictures and videos I have seen for reference this looks better compared to RS one.

Recommended: Yes!

Magazine floor plate

Glock reference: 42

Stark reference: 83

Fit: Almost drop in fit. The retaining tab on the magazine bottom follower is a little too thick to fit in the hole of the RS base plate. I recommend reshaping the retaining tab rather than enlarging the hole on the plate itself.

Installation: Easy once tab is reshaped. Very snug fit!

Functionality: Reduced? There is no locking notch on RS Glock floor plates, so they do not stay in place when "semi-removed". Doesn't matter on the Glock 19 since it blocks the gas valve hole anyways when in half-removed mode.

Added value: Looks alot better than stock Stark plates as these are obviously RS.

Recommended: Yerp!

OK, that about covers it. If you have any questions regarding the above ask away and I will try to answer as best I can. The parts that fit are fairly self explanatory as to what has to be done once you have the parts in front of you!

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1

Got mine yesterday, the tan version of the g19 and I have to say I was a bit disappointed, for the price its a nice peace and defo the most realistic glock replica I have ever owned out of the box, but comparing it to my ksc g19 (which I was going to sell) it feels cheap! The ksc g19 while lacking trades on the lower (I have a airsoft surgeon slide on it) and the second body pin has much better made plastic that is rock solid. The major problem I have with the stark g19 is the fact that the frame marks up really quickly even with your finger nail, I find the build quality to be similar to the stark g18 I once owned, the plastic is just so soft! I also bought the stark ppq recently and I thought the plastic lower on that was decent enough but still not as durable as I would  like it to be. So I suppose everyone has different values when it comes to airsoft replicas, but for me the ksc g19 is the best airsoft g19 available. Sorry Nonex, please don't hate on me for giving my opinion as I know ever one has there own ideas, but durability for me is most important.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome dude, thanks for posting. The frame grip texture panels are a little off on the Stark, but to be honest I prefer the way they look, but not realistic.

And that Made in marking looks wonky as hell on the Stark haha, I knew it was, but seeing it that close and crisp side-by-side, my God! :D

Nice pig-nose gap you have on your Glock 23. Most people hate it but I think it's part of the Glock look and wish airsoft replicated it better :P

What can you say overall from just handling and playing with both side by side? How good is the Stark in comparison, in terms of RS look and feel ? :o

Frame material for example etc.

Question from me as well, have you taken the Stark completely to bits?  I took a G17 Gen4 down to components (and back ofc) a couple of times yesterday but I've never stripped down an airsoft pistol.  I'm curious as to the differences because that little 'hammer' that airsoft glocks have in place of the cruciform striker on the trigger bar of RS is a pretty stark (ho ho) difference.

Edited by CKinnerley

Question from me as well, have you taken the Stark completely to bits?  I took a G17 Gen4 down to components (and back ofc) a couple of times yesterday but I've never stripped down an airsoft pistol.  I'm curious as to the differences because that little 'hammer' that airsoft glocks have in place of the cruciform striker on the trigger bar of RS is a pretty stark (ho ho) difference.

I have taken my Stark 19 down to parts except for the trigger mechanism. I have also watched alot of videos, schematics and pictures of real Glocks. I also have the RS Glock trigger and trigger bar (not compatible though). But I don't exactly know what you are refering to?

You can check the links in my post above in referense to RS parts compatability, the schematic links. Shows you what parts are similar and which are not. Airsoft version has way more parts though that is for sure.

What can you say overall from just handling and playing with both side by side? How good is the Stark in comparison, in terms of RS look and feel ? :o

Frame material for example etc.

The Stark G19 is the closest thing you can get to the real steel Glock in my opinion.  I weighed my G23 with my Stark G19 and the G23 is 1.76 lb with mag inserted without bullets and the Stark weighed 1.72 lb with mag inserted, no bb.  The things that I did not like on the stark is the 2 recoil springs and the grip panel texture (KSC Glocks win on that department).  Here are some more photos of the pistol dissembled.

realstark5_zpsa110e623.jpgrealstark6_zpsb901742c.jpgrealstark8_zps0cf6ce74.jpgrealstark7_zps61d67b6b.jpgrealstark9_zpsfb5133f2.jpg

Edited by planeman
  • Like 2

Thanks for the clarification and pictures. Glad to know it is that close. Shame about the grip texture being off. I hadn't actually thought about it that much because I liked the Stark frame, and overlooked that detail in comparison to RS Glock 19.

However, the Stark Glock 17 is overboard with the grip texture. It looks more real but is too high raised (just barely) from the frame and texture is too shallow, as far as I can tell.

I could of sworn though that I have seen pics of RS Glock 19s that have very similar grip texture to the Stark Glock 19, or maybe I was just day-dreaming and overlooking it on purpose to suppress my OCD :P

Regarding the spring, you can install a TM 1911 150% spring instead if you just want one. It feels alot better with that configuration however it affects gas effieciency somewhat.

I tried looking into getting the flat coil spring for mine but short of having them custom made it doesn't look feasable.

On another note I intend to fix up my primary Stark Glock 19 and pimp it with all the RS parts I have found to be compatible. It also has the Graphite Black Cerakote job on the slide and barrel. Hopefully that will be even more close to the real deal :D

Will post pics once that is done.

Edited by NonEx

NOTE: This is in reference to the pics of RS Glock 23 on previous page.

Finally got some daylight here, but I am starting to think my iPhone camera is broken or something because all the shots came out looking like *suitcase*, or perhaps the iPhone camera just can't do better. I am too lazy to setup my real camera right now, so this is the best I got.

I did notice that the Cerakote paint job acts strangely in light. If shooting with the light, the slide looks pitch black and just weird. Shooting against the light I get a nice look on it, with the gloss and texture showing up better.

Also took some pics of my stock Stark 19 and the custom one (below), and to be honest besides the Cerakote job you weren't able to tell any differense at all unless looking extremely close up.

So this pistol has as follows;

Stark Glock 19 full markings

Cerakote Graphite black paint job on slide, outer barrel and extractor

RS Glock front and rear sights

RS Glock magazine base plate

RS Glock magazine release button

RS Glock slide stop lever

RS Glock body pins

RS Glock trigger

stark_glock_19_rs_008.jpg

stark_glock_19_rs_005.jpg

stark_glock_19_rs_006.jpg

stark_glock_19_rs_007.jpg

stark_glock_19_rs_001.jpg

stark_glock_19_rs_002.jpg

stark_glock_19_rs_003.jpg

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 4

Looks good NonEx.  Good job on fitting those RS parts.  The only RS part on my Stark is the baseplate that I managed to get for free.  The only thing i would add is to try to paint the back of the extractor in light grey color.  I see you improved the front gap of the slide as it is slightly forward.  What mods did you do to make the slide go a little forward.

IMG_2847_zps2e295e15.jpgUntitled-1_zpsd3a64196.jpg

• Like 1

I will see what I can do about the extractor, would be a nice touch.

As for the slide, I have done nothing actually. Both my Starks look like your RS Glock 23.

How old is your Stark Glock?

Might be that the new version have "fixed" the spacing of the slide at the front.

If I feel the front if my Stark Glock I would say the slide is sticking out maybe 0.25mm or so. Nothing huge. You could get the same effect by filing down slightly on the slide lock plate perhaps. But I wouldn't recommend it :o

Also, I used a file on my frame in the pics to get a little "pig-nose" gap at the front. The frame that is on there is the new one which had basically no gap. It turned out alright, but the problem is i filed it to be curved down, where as RS Glocks are "molded" curved. But whatever.

As for the RS parts, like I said when I put the stock and custom one next to eachother I realized how pointless most of it was. But having OCD just knowing that they are RS parts on there makes it feel nicer :P

Only plus side that really matters are base plates and sights.

• 2 weeks later...