• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This won't be a super comprehensive review, but I wanted to post my initial impressions of the newest Glock 19 to the airsoft market.   Unboxing: The gun comes in a plain jane brown box with some fo

NOTE: This is in reference to the pics of RS Glock 23 on previous page.   Finally got some daylight here, but I am starting to think my iPhone camera is broken or something because all the shots cam

Thanks.   I had to re-do the pics, I don't know what I was on but the above look like ######. Edit time had ran out so.... Maybe just a subtle change to you, but here are the shots again with less a

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

So it seems that I've gotten in touch with a couple people who are interested in making slides for the glock 19. We already finished cad drawings for the WE M&P compact which will produced for sure. (front serrations for the M&P being considered as well..)

The SA glock slides would also be made out of 7075 and a barrel (definitely making an alum version but steel is a possibility as well) as well as steel slides in the future. I talked and it seems that a 50 person minimum is reasonable to consider design and production of the slides. I myself am trying to work in a screw in steel slide catch area like the detonators that can be replaced instead of having the catch damage the slide directly.

In any case, it looks like 50 people would need to pitch in $30 each or less if there are more people interested. I'm going to ask more about the timeframe of the project and I think it would only be fair to ask people to pitch in after we can confirm 50+ people who are willing to pay. The final price of an alum slide and barrel combo would be around 110 USD

here's a pic of the M&P compact slide:

jby156wQJ6RKz3.JPG

Edited by kagami
  • Like 1

definitely, there wouldnt be a point in making a quality aftermarket slide if it didnt have proper trades.

I'm actually getting a SA g19 myself so i personally want to see this come in to fruition, I think i'm going to have to sift through the pages back here comparing the trademarks and make sure that what gets produced is 100% accurate.

Are you guys talking about the Steel slide glocks?  WGC confirmed a price for me at 2.8k-ish (IIRC, don't remember as I was actually interested in when their next SA shipment arrives so I can get mags) so I think those steel glocks will deffo make the light of day.

kagami; is the glock slide going to look similar to the 10-8 one here?
http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=6181

Would be interesting if you can get the sights produced for it as well since real sights IIRC don't fit without some shimming and the only other aftermarket sight available for the SA glocks right now is either the KSC ones or the Crusader steel sights.

That's not really true. Real sights do fit the Stark Glocks but I added a layer of tape under the rear sight to make the fit tighter, but other than that no problems. So no need to manufactuer other sights specifically for the Stark Glocks.

The front serrations to the M&P slide will be like the ones featured in that picture, the glock slide is still in the "fielding interest stage" so it's anyone's idea on what should be done.

It's up to you guys to let me know what you think would get the most backers on board, I suggested the VFC/SA glock because it would be the first aftermarket slide for the gun/system.

of course, if you can find 50 people to back another slide project for any other gun, then that's just as possible too...

That's not really true. Real sights do fit the Stark Glocks but I added a layer of tape under the rear sight to make the fit tighter, but other than that no problems. So no need to manufactuer other sights specifically for the Stark Glocks.

So the sights will fit fine, but your layer of tape just makes it friction fit better right?  I ask because your post suggested that a layer of tape is required to get reasonable fit with the RS sights :P

you can't even find them on the website, so I think steel glocks are scrapped.

If WGC can give me the price on the steel glocks down to the last HK dollar I am certain it's going to be released because it's been made already.

The front serrations to the M&P slide will be like the ones featured in that picture, the glock slide is still in the "fielding interest stage" so it's anyone's idea on what should be done.

It's up to you guys to let me know what you think would get the most backers on board, I suggested the VFC/SA glock because it would be the first aftermarket slide for the gun/system.

of course, if you can find 50 people to back another slide project for any other gun, then that's just as possible too...

Thanks for the reply.  I need to think about this first since my wallet's hurting :P  Btw, any idea where this is going to be manufactured?  Just want to know the logistics so I (or anyone else who's interested) can have an estimate on the shipping costs too :)

Edited by intinerious

I am not sure what you are asking or if it's just about semantics, but yes it's for added friction. Without it they fit and sit in there by themselves but I felt the force required to move the rear sight was a little on the light side for my taste.

You could also bend or mod the steel plate below the rear sight to make it work better without tape.

When did you get the quote from WGC on the steel Stark Glocks?

Because they were on their webpage at 290 USD previously, but as stated in post above seems to have been removed.

Edited by NonEx

I am not sure what you are asking or if it's just about semantics, but yes it's for added friction. Without it they fit and sit in there by themselves but I felt the force required to move the rear sight was a little on the light side for my taste.

You could also bend or mod the steel plate below the rear sight to make it work better without tape.

When did you get the quote from WGC on the steel Stark Glocks?

Because they were on their webpage at 290 USD previously, but as stated in post above seems to have been removed.

Just wanted to clarify dude :P

As for the Glocks I think I asked about a week or two ago.  Actually now that I think about it on Monday I asked them about the CO2 Glock mags and WGC told me they're HKD 215 each.  If they can quote me on the CO2 Glock mags it would point to the fact that the steel Glocks will be coming out since the Co2 mags 'seem' to be developed for the steel Glocks specifically.

Stark CO2 magazines have been around for a long time, mainly for Euro countries where it is required or desired for whatever reasons. Nothing new. They are special order/distribution thing I think. I saw them listed and included with Stark guns on some Euro sites when I was hunting for my Glock 19.

Edited by NonEx

Stark CO2 magazines have been around for a long time, mainly for Euro countries where it is required or desired for whatever reasons. Nothing new. They are special order/distribution thing I think. I saw them listed and included with Stark guns on some Euro sites when I was hunting for my Glock 19.

Asked WGC today at the showroom; staff told me they'll be released for sure and it's 2k HKD locally.  He doesn't know why the preorder got taken off the site though.  The pics they have on FB are taken in Taiwan, so I guess at the place where the Glocks are made.

I didn't know that the CO2 mags were out for some time already; I've never seen them stocked at WGC so I assumed those CO2 mags were new.

The slides will be made in taiwan :)

Thanks for the info! :D

Could you name a few shops, please?