Thanks!

@Finbarqs: I see it in stock today.

I think he's referring to the Premium Steel-Slide version,

which WGC jumped the gun with on pre-orders for the end of February.

Still no news coming out of Taiwan and most of their retailers no nothing about it,

pointing to it being a WGC exclusive or again basically WGC jumping the gun.

I know a few people who were interested, and most of there email replies led to,

keep checking the WGC website for updates.

But it's nowhere to be found !

Maybe the manufacturers should suggest ideas first, and then have a Kickstarter type box on their websites to gauge interest.

Edited by Squad 701
  • Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This won't be a super comprehensive review, but I wanted to post my initial impressions of the newest Glock 19 to the airsoft market.   Unboxing: The gun comes in a plain jane brown box with some fo

NOTE: This is in reference to the pics of RS Glock 23 on previous page.   Finally got some daylight here, but I am starting to think my iPhone camera is broken or something because all the shots cam

Thanks.   I had to re-do the pics, I don't know what I was on but the above look like ######. Edit time had ran out so.... Maybe just a subtle change to you, but here are the shots again with less a

Posted Images

DWells55, if I remember correctly they ship with 2 barrels - One plastic, with an orange permanent tip, and the other a metal barrel with no orange tip.

Well that's awesome. 

Go figure, I find a GBB pistol that's exactly what I'm looking for but can't actually find anywhere that sells the thing.

Just got word from KIC that it is released and inbound to them, got a price quote for $288 USD, Glock 19 steel slide and outer barrel that is. I told em to get one for me and send me the payment details :P

Lucky for me since this is a CO2 model it shouldn't be a problem to get delivered here. Yay-o.

Just hope the steel slide has the same specs and design as the original one, and not the wonky and overly boxy WE / TM version. :o

EDIT:

Well sheit. KIC had some pics up and it does indeed look like it has the wrong bevel profiling on the edges running along the top side of the slide. They use the same radius cut as the front end one, and that's too thin. It should be more rounded.

Hmmm...

Do I still get one, or will that be killing me inside?

:|

Aaagh, God, why would they do that? Don't they know the original Stark Glock 19 is correct!? And they go and do a TM/WE edge on the slide, *fruitcage*!

Edited by NonEx

I am pretty sure the WGC FB pics are of the current models with just the CO2 mags added, probably pre-production pics and they didn't have the steel kits available. It just looks like they tweaked the color and tone of the slide or something.

I e-mailed KIC and asked for better pics.

Edited by NonEx

Just got word from KIC that it is released and inbound to them, got a price quote for $288 USD, Glock 19 steel slide and outer barrel that is. I told em to get one for me and send me the payment details :P

$288, ouch. I just wish I could find the original $150 verison - good enough for me.

If you think about, $288 USD is not even much for a CO2 compatible Glock with trademarks and equipped with steel slide and barrel. My TM with just an aluminium slide and barrel upgrade cost much more. The project of makint it CO2 compatible cost at least $150-200 (mostly magazines and broken parts). So I wish I did not even buy it a year ago...

KICBBGun got the $150 version, shoot them an e-mail.

If you think about, $288 USD is not even much for a CO2 compatible Glock with trademarks and equipped with steel slide and barrel. My TM with just an aluminium slide and barrel upgrade cost much more. The project of makint it CO2 compatible cost at least $150-200 (mostly magazines and broken parts). So I wish I did not even buy it a year ago...

KICBBGun got the $150 version, shoot them an e-mail.

Wow, they have it for what comes out to $81 USD! Have you or anyone else bought from them before? I need to be sure those beautiful trademarks will be unharmed.

The list price is bumped a little bit though for international orders.

IIRC they will ship to the US but take no responsibility for customs problems. Ask for split shipping and putty cover up.

One of my Glock 19s from them came with putty and it was fairly easy to remove.

Hey NonEx,

Did you get the photos you requested from KIC ?

The trades are covered by what they call 'hot melt glue' which can easily be removed with ethanol.

I actually received an email this morning from WGC saying :

This product has some problem to process, still doesn't release right

now, really sorry about that, we apologize for this. If the commodity

release, we must update in our web page, welcome to keep visiting.

Maybe a customs delay - who knows, time will tell.

Edited by Squad 701

I have found that if you put the part that is covered in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes, it cracks off and doesn't hurt the finish. You just need strong fingernails to get under it. I used toothpicks to get into the trades on my PX4 Storm.

• Like 1

So I got some better pictures and a full quote from KIC. Pictures first;

Custom%2520G19%2520%2520%25281%2529.JPG

Custom%2520G19%2520%25282%2529.JPG

The radius cut on the slide sides look decent enough so I am getting one.

Now, I asked for UPS shipping since that is the only safe company to get stuff here, even if it is CO2. And, gulp, it will cost $170 USD for UPS Saver Express (cheapest option). I have no choice and I want this puppy, so what the F. It's my favorite pistol so far so I have to do it :D

So, 288 + 170 * 1.3 (customs and tax) = ~$600 USD

Am I crazy? Someone stop me before it's too late... :o

Edited by NonEx

The list price is bumped a little bit though for international orders.

IIRC they will ship to the US but take no responsibility for customs problems. Ask for split shipping and putty cover up.

One of my Glock 19s from them came with putty and it was fairly easy to remove.

Good to know. I'll have to send them an email. Hopefully they reply. I found a site called Airsoft Panda that has it, emailed them, got nothing back. Emailed UNCompany since I'm ready to buy a VFC HK416, nothing back from them either. Sheesh.

Good to know. I'll have to send them an email. Hopefully they reply. I found a site called Airsoft Panda that has it, emailed them, got nothing back. Emailed UNCompany since I'm ready to buy a VFC HK416, nothing back from them either. Sheesh.

If I remember correctly, AirsoftPanda went bust / "disappeared" because they took money for loads of preorders but the products never arrived.. Might be why you haven't heard from them :P