• 1 month later...
  • Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This won't be a super comprehensive review, but I wanted to post my initial impressions of the newest Glock 19 to the airsoft market.   Unboxing: The gun comes in a plain jane brown box with some fo

NOTE: This is in reference to the pics of RS Glock 23 on previous page.   Finally got some daylight here, but I am starting to think my iPhone camera is broken or something because all the shots cam

Thanks.   I had to re-do the pics, I don't know what I was on but the above look like ######. Edit time had ran out so.... Maybe just a subtle change to you, but here are the shots again with less a

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

On that note, if anyone's got a suggestion for a tougher recoil spring for the 17 I'd definitely like to hear it.  Both my G17s and both M&Ps are lacking in this department; they shoot fine and battery fine if you're firm with them but I just don't see this problem with any other pistol I've handled.

Is someone able to give me links to where I can find an upgraded 150 spring and rod for my 19, I either suck at Google at the moment or I'm not seeing it. Sorry ad thanks for any help. Cheers

You can use a TM 1911 aftermarket spring of 150% strenght and install. If it's too stiff just cut some coils.

There are no Stark Glock 19 dedicated aftermarket springs that I know of.

Same goes for the Glock 17.

You have to remove the dual recoil spring system from the original Stark and remove one of the spring cups when installing a TM 1911 spring.

Edited by NonEx

Why do you want to exchange the rod as well? It's pretty sturdy, and if it breaks you can buy another original one from WGCSHOP for 2 bucks.

Regarding the spring, WGC mentions these as being "Stark compatible":

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=GD-GLOCK-109&search=special&rs=stark&catid=&cat=&view_choice=a

Although i am not entirely sure about that, as i mentioned above that i also purchased supposedly fitting iron sights which don't fit at all.

No, 1911 spring guides do not work.

RS Glock guides do not work.

As mentioned above no need to change out the guide rod.

What iron sights are we talking about? RS ones or airsoft ones? :o

The spring kit linked above seems like it could be worth a try, but throw in a 1911 150% spring in the order just as a backup in case they are too weak.

• 2 weeks later...

Well *fruitcage* my balls and call me Sally...

I think I might be getting my steel Glock 19 after all :o

I was at Customs this week for questioning about it and just found it the case is dropped and the goods will be released.

Not a fun week for me knowing I was under investigation. But the interrogaters were nice and I apparantly made it clear to them I have no crimilan intent with my airsoft hobby so. I feel a million tons lighter right now :|

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1

I think I'm going to lay low for a bit :D

*fruitcage* stressful... :|

But yeah, will put it in my Stark 19 Glock box and make a video and comparison etc.

I need to try and wind down this weekend, maybe drink some vodka or something :P

Also I think it will take anywhere from 1-3 months before I actually get it.

It's a long story but to shorten it down I was told by UPS first it had been confiscated for being powered by GreenGas, which it is not since it's CO2.

Oh, and it was taken by Customs in April 2014... :o

Then I was told by customs it had been taken for "random inspection".

The interogation focused mainly on what I used my guns for, what my interests and purposes with them was etc. If they were within the legal limits in terms of Joules (3 for semi and auto and 10 for bolt rifles).

I got the sense that they were wondering if I was a thug trying to build guns to hurt people or damage property etc.

Either way, I want to just forget about all that and try to recover and move on. It was not fun :|

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1

Trying to put the front part of the lower internals back in to the frame on one of my 17s.  All goes back in and works with a slide on if I reset the trigger myself, but for some reason it won't pop back to the cocked position under its' own steam.  I've reattached the small spring that goes between the trigger bar and the smaller of the 2 roll pins (has a hook on one end and an eyelet on the other) in the proper way, using my other gun as reference, but something's not right.  Anyone got any ideas?

Looks the same as my black gun to my eye, spring is in the same place.

Not the easiest of things to take pictures of:

15434745361_3f3155c690_k.jpg

FDE gun has the reset issue.  I'm trying to think if the Vickers slide lock might cause an issue somehow, if it's maybe pressing against the trigger, might try putting the stock slide lock back in to see what happens.

Edited by CKinnerley