Ah right. That might be it.

You might have gotten your slide release spring caught in the trigger mech somehow and it's binding it up.

But yeh, remove that first and see what happens.

I installed an RS slide release in mine without problems so unless the Vickers is off spec it shouldn't matter.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This won't be a super comprehensive review, but I wanted to post my initial impressions of the newest Glock 19 to the airsoft market.   Unboxing: The gun comes in a plain jane brown box with some fo

NOTE: This is in reference to the pics of RS Glock 23 on previous page.   Finally got some daylight here, but I am starting to think my iPhone camera is broken or something because all the shots cam

Thanks.   I had to re-do the pics, I don't know what I was on but the above look like ######. Edit time had ran out so.... Maybe just a subtle change to you, but here are the shots again with less a

Posted Images

Put the original slide lock back in, helped slightly but after comparing the two trigger bar springs it's clear I've stretched the one from the FDE gun beyond its' elastic limit.  Luckily WGC have every single internal spare part going.

Also the Vickers part doesn't seem to get along well at all with the frame.  I think there's enough of a gap for it to sit over the plastic without binding (the part you actually press) but it seems to be slightly off in terms of the primary bends in the piece, the trigger's a lot stiffer with the RS part in and even with the under side built-up using plastic the airsoft mag follower can't push it up when out of rounds.

Ah right. Pro tip for removing that spring. Push out the locking block pin instead of lifting the spring off :D

To install you just hold the spring in place of the hole with a tweezer or something like that for the pin and push the pin in through the spring. (having it hooked to the trigger bar first)

Did you make sure your slide catch spring went under the locking block pin when you installed it, and it wasn't jammed inbetween the frame/trigger and slide release?

You can have the locking block pin in place, and then you start the trigger pin from the right side to the left, just leaving a gap to push in the slide release, and then push the pin to the other side.

The slide release spring supposed to ride around the outer edges of the slide release inside the frame.

Try installing it (slide release) without the slide release spring and see what happens.

Edited by NonEx

Unless there's some crossed wires going on here, I cannot see how the spring for the mag catch could be involved.  It's well clear of the lower edge of the trigger, definitely didn't get caught up.  Can't see how there'd be any interference between it and the trigger or slide lock lever.

The spring attached to the Vickers part is proper solidly attached, the metal piece securing it in has it crimped right on there hard.  I can tell I'd just end up destroying the spring in the process of getting it out and if I did avoid that I'm not sure I could get it back in.

Was an interesting experiment and annoying I spent so long building up a cleanly shaped plastic riser on the lever to interact with the airsoft mags properly, but it's not all that different to the stock lever in practical use.  I've got the Trijicon sights on there so I think I'll put in a new trigger spring and leave it at that.

Outlet valve leaks, can't help it with o ring replacement. Out of the box. The o-ring around the piercing valve literally blow off at the second time I inserted a CO2 cartridge.

There are more - of course unanswered - issues reported on the facebook page of Stark Arms regarding these magazines. And their guns, as well.

Their contact e-mail does not work (or exists :) ) so I contacted them via FB, I guess they will not even answer.

My goal is to have a TM based Glock 17 that runs on CO2. APS magazines are too strong for a G17. WE magazines have the most stupid outlet valve design the chinese ever made. Stark could be good, as the design is simple. Problem is the cheap materials and low quality manufacturing. And not full compatible with TM like the other two magazines, slide catch does not work properly.

My goal is to have a TM based Glock 17 that runs on CO2. APS magazines are too strong for a G17. WE magazines have the most stupid outlet valve design the chinese ever made. Stark could be good, as the design is simple. Problem is the cheap materials and low quality manufacturing. And not full compatible with TM like the other two magazines, slide catch does not work properly.

Didn't know about the incompatibilities. Thanks for the info!

Out of curiousity - isn't it possible to just change the outlet valve of a APS magazine to make it less powerful?

As for my G19, I am done with it. It was a month at a highly praised service-point. They simply couldn't figure out what's going on with it. They removed the full auto mode and stripped it down to a bare minimum to narrow down the possible issues. They sent it back to me and it was indeed working okay. But after two mags on the field, it again cannot even empty one full mag.

My worst problem with those Stark Glocks is that it still seems like i have had really bad luck with my one (as the majority of the reviews are still very positive). I am tempted so much to buy another one and check for myself, but this might as well be another dud.

Edited by matrigs

It is not about the valve. The APS magazines give space to the CO2 to expand. Like most GBBR magazines do, as well. WE and Stark do not. So they can not build up so big pressure like the APS which could even destroy the Airsoft Surgeon super hard nozzle in my TM Glock.

Before I got into my TM G17 project I had an SA G19 for a short time and I was not amazed at all.

There is a gen. 4 SA Glock on the coming soon list of WGC.

It is not about the valve. The APS magazines give space to the CO2 to expand. Like most GBBR magazines do, as well. WE and Stark do not. So they can not build up so big pressure like the APS which could even destroy the Airsoft Surgeon super hard nozzle in my TM Glock.

Before I got into my TM G17 project I had an SA G19 for a short time and I was not amazed at all.

There is a gen. 4 SA Glock on the coming soon list of WGC.

Interesting stuff. 

I was considering an APS Glock for quite some time, but it shoots to hot for most CQB places.

I now cannot decide if i want another Stark G19 to see for myself if they are all bad, an APS one and try to lower the power somehow, or get a Marui G17.

Stark Arms Glock 17 GEN4 with markings :o

Woop!

I know what I am getting in January :D

With proper recoil spring guide as well. Nice.

Hope they do a steel version of this as well :D

Oh and hope they are doing Glock 19 GEN4 too!

No backstraps shown in pics though. But RS ones probably work.

Cool!

Edited by NonEx