I'm trying to decide between a TM Glock 17 and this VFC Glock 19 that NonEx is praising so much.

Which would be the better one in terms of reliability or shooting wise?

Perhaps keep in mind I'm still a newbie right now so more complicated internals on the VFC might not be that good for me?

Edited by scoobytheoriginal
  • Like 1
  • Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This won't be a super comprehensive review, but I wanted to post my initial impressions of the newest Glock 19 to the airsoft market.   Unboxing: The gun comes in a plain jane brown box with some fo

NOTE: This is in reference to the pics of RS Glock 23 on previous page.   Finally got some daylight here, but I am starting to think my iPhone camera is broken or something because all the shots cam

Thanks.   I had to re-do the pics, I don't know what I was on but the above look like ######. Edit time had ran out so.... Maybe just a subtle change to you, but here are the shots again with less a

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

FYI. I put in a Guarder TM 1911 recoil spring in my VFC Glock 19 as I found the stock setup a little on the weak side, mainly because I want it to feel more bad *albatross* when I rack the slide.

Took of the retainer caps, removed old springs and put it in, and put one retainer on top to keep it in.

Locks up and feels great. Shot a few shots and report and recoil felt a little better. Did not fire a full magazine but I assume gas efficiency is negatively affected.

• 2 weeks later...

Was placing an order with WGC for the chrome Series70 (and some special grips...) so I thought "*fruitcage* it, why not" and added the entirely plain 'S17' they stocked and a spare mag.  Only $98 so if it sucks and blows all at the same time I won't be massively put out.  I'll blast a good through mags through it fairly quickly and see how it handles itself, if it shoots well I'll pick up the CNC version (if I can find one).

• 2 weeks later...

Aesthetically, at least as far as the trades go, it is pretty mediocre.  But as I say I was placing an order with WGC anyway and this version was cheap which made it ideal to test out the platform and see whether it'll fit my requirements (and therefore worth investing in the better looking version).

Of the options available on WGC I'll definitely take my plain slide version over this: http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=STARKA-PS-S17-TAN&search=special&rs=Stark%20Arms%20Gas%20Pistols&catid=7&cat=704&view_choice=c

I'm yet to meet anyone who enjoys whited-in fictional trades.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI for anyone with OCD and perhaps liking the slide to frame gap on the Stark Glock 19. Be aware that the newer batches appear to have been "fixed" and the gap is alot smaller now;

Old style Stark Glock 19;

_DSC5556.jpg

_DSC5563.jpg

New style Stark Glock 19;

IMG_9094.JPG

IMG_9055.JPG

I actually took mine appart and sanded down the front of the frame to make the gap bigger and more realistic. Call me crazy :P

I am also in the process of attempting to fit RS Glock parts on my Stark, so far it is looking pretty good. Here is what I got;

RS body pins, drop in fit for all three.

RS magazine release, works, but requires modification.

RS magazine base plates, works but requires modification.

RS front and rear sight, works, but rear sight needs to be tightened down with some layer of tape on the inside of the slide before installation.

RS trigger, works, but problem #1 is getting the OEM Glock trigger off of the trigger bar (joined unit). The one I installed is actually shattered after a botched attempt at getting the pin out, but I think I can manage better now that I know how it's assembled. Second, requires modification to trigger bar, reshaping part that goes into the trigger. Also requires sanding on frame for trigger safety bar to clear frame when depressing the trigger.

RS slide lock lever, probably works. Unfortunately broke the one I got when messing with it, ordering a new one to try again. Should

not be a big problem.

RS slide lock, does not work. Not thick enough at the top where it locks into the barrel, creates sloppy lock in of the slide. Also required modding.

RS slide lock spring, probably works. I ordered the wrong part and got a Glock 26 spring. Will get the Glock 19 part and see.

RS slide plate cover. Does not work. Incorrect dimensions. Could be made to fit but looks worse installed than Stark OEM. Not worth it.

RS recoil spring assembly. Does not work. Spring guide too long, protrudes 2mm too far when installed. OEM Glock spring in the captured unit way too strong (no suprise there). Unit is captured and "glued", difficult to take appart. Even if the 2mm differense could be fixed installing a usable spring is just too much work. Not worth it.

Edited by NonEx

You mean in terms of slide to frame fit or what ?

The RS Glock has bigger gap and its also almost always in a downward curve/bend;

GLOCK_19.JPG

Crimson%20Trace%20at%20IACP%20Miami%2020

Etc.

IMO in Stark removing that gap their Glock 19 looks just as "derpy" as the TM and WE Glocks...

Looks like they added about 1mm-1.5mm material on the frame at the front end to fill in the gap.

Oh well, glad I got my files. :D

Edited by NonEx
  • 2 weeks later...

OK. Update on RS parts.

Magazine release button can be fitted without mods, but you have to cut the stock Stark spring to lenght for it to work. Feels alot better than cutton a notch in the magazine release itself.

Might try and get an RS magazine release spring but I don't think it will slot into the lower securely enough to work.

Glock trigger does work, as mentioned. But a small cosmetic sacrifice has to be made on the right hand side of the trigger. Basically you need to make a hole on the right side to push out the blind pin for the trigger bar to the left side. I will see if I can touch it up, but having serious OCD it does bother me, but not enough to want the stock trigger in it :P

Also like I said you have to reshapde the Stark OEM trigger bar to fit in the RS trigger.

Slide release lever works with minor modifications. You just have to reshapde the actual angled part that fits on the magazine follower. It is a bit too big and catches on the top of the feedlip. It also requires that you add 1-1.5mm of material to the release part that goes on the magazine follower, otherwise it does not engage enough.

Also, a worry is that this part might wear down the slide more than the stock one. The stock one does however appear to be steel, or some sort of magnetic metal at least. Not sure if I am fooling myself or if I am seeing noticable wear after only a dozen or so slide locks and releases. Not a big problem for me because I have a habit of dropping the slide lock with my finger while holding the slide rathen than pressing it down. But none the less it can be an issue, will report back on how it goes.

Another thing worth noting is that the OEM Stark slide release lever has a 90 degree angled face for the slide lock, where as the RS Glock is at, uhm, I dunno, 80-85 degree angle. Meaning that if you look at it from above, the Stark one is like this | where the slide is resting from the right hand side of the |. The RS Glock one is kind of like this /, so when you release it it actually allows the slide to go foward more easily. Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing with the cast Stark slide.

RS Glock slide lock lever (takedown lever) does work but requires reshaping and re-bending as the angles didn't match up. Also thinner than the OEM Stark one, which means slight side-to-side play. Also, the OEM Stark one has a round base with a hole in it, that sits under the forard inner frame and slide rails. The RS Glock one is too thick to fit in here and so you have to file down on the forward inner frame peice. Not done fitting it yet. Probably not worth it, but my problem was that after disassembling the Stark Glock a half a dozen times the spring was weakened to the point of leaving play in the slide lock. You can just bend it back so. I dunno, will see...

So yeah, overall quiet impressive what fits and what doesn't. Very minor mods required for most of the stuff.

If I were to run down the mods, it would go something like this;

Glock RS Front sight

Fit: Drop in fit

Installation: Easy, a bit fiddly due to the hex screw

Added value: Overall better stock sight even with Glock OEM polymer sights, but allows for use of other RS Glock sights.

Recommended: Yes. Cheap, but adds more realism and functionality depending on what you go for.

Glock RS Front sight

Fit: Drop in fit, but requires some padding/spacers to be a tight fit. I used two layers of tape to make it sit tighter.

Installation: Easy, slides right in place.

Added value: Overall better stock sight even with Glock OEM polymer sights, but allows for use of other RS Glock sights.

Recommended: Yes. Cheap, but adds more realism and functionality depending on what you go for.

RS Glock magazine release button/catch

Fit: Drop in fit, but requires modifcation to stock Stark spring. Or modification required but keep stock spring intact. I would recommend the former.

Installation: Easy for the first alternative, medium for the second.

Added value: Adds realism in terms of fit and finish but retains 100% functionality. Fit in relative terms, it is very slightly smaller than the stock one, but from the pictures and videos I have seen for reference this looks better compared to RS one.

Recommended: Yes!

*fruitcage* this I am tired and going to bed, will finish the list some other time....

Edited by NonEx