• 2 weeks later...

I too have used this since it was released - I like the adjustable rate of fire feature along with the steel construction.

• The steel buffer works really well with the steel buffer lock; the front face shows no signs of wear.
  • Do you have a steel bolt carrier and bolt stop? I too have no problems with the bolt stop...it fails to catch the bolt when there is not enough gas left in my magazines. Otherwise, it works fine. My bolt stop and carrier are steel; the stop has been modified for a real gun upper.
  • My buffer tube is from a real gun (a 2 position Colt SP1 tube) and noticed it is significantly longer than the airsoft tube. Be careful when using a longer tube - I've actually seen the bolt carrier travel so far back, the nozzle passed over the hammer and caused it to lock up. The only way to free it was to remove the bolt from the back which was not easy to do. I use both the metal ring that came with the kit and additional G&P rubber rings to make sure it doesn't travel too far back.
  • I went back to the original stock WA hammer and recoil spring - I think these might be the weakest springs you can get. The weak springs help improve efficiency with the heavy steel buffer and steel bolt carrier. It definitely helps with venting since the hammer doesn't make contact with the valve knocker at its natural state (the hammer drops down as soon as it opens the main magazine valve). Even with very little gas left in the magazine, it does not vent. It also helped eliminate the extra gas venting from the port door that you see in your video.
Edited by BaBaBooey
  • 2 weeks later...

Yet again a nice review thumb up for that

Personally I don't give anything for the increased rate of fire

but seriously like the better recoil and the quicker 2. shot.

Also for the boltcatch to be able to function

use a proper gas with enough pressure to cycle the boltcarrier

And for the sake of nice shooting

lube it like if it were your woman..