TM Mk23 vs Gemtech Oasis

Hessel

post-65039-0-31383600-1358619291_thumb.jpg

Just to compare size,  P99 NBB and TM MK23.

P99 has double action only trigger pull,  bit nicer than TM Mk23 trigger pull,  also rear sight has windage adjustment.

Hop rubber is a sealing ring and seperate nub, unlike mk23s all in one VSR type rubber,  P99 has an adustable hop but take down to get at it is pushing out 2 roll pins to split pistol in half,  so non-standard take down.

Not as good at longer range in my view,  but for a smaller package and not expecting to go much beyond 40meters i would have one,  oh and when i chrono tested on green gas in fairly cold temp it was chugging out around 300-310fps.

P99 mags are similar to Gemtech/Ruger ones in they have no feed lips,  but the P99 has a more enclosed arrangement so should be better at retaining BB's when not in a pistol.

P99,  very nice,  hard to find, if available with spare mags,  get spares you might not see them again.

Ruger Gemtech,  cheaper, easier to get, easier to get mags,  similar operation,  can be worked on.

If i had the cash P99 and cope with it being harder to get bits for.

On a budget go Gemtech/Ruger.

Archived