British Military Milsim Theme Discussion

Special Ops

I was wondering, what all kit items would one need to get, in order to do a modern day, British military milsim airsoft theme. This is a non branch of service/unit specific theme, meaning what is normally the standard issue kit that is issued to the masses?  

I know that the current issued camo is MTP, and the current issued helmet is the MK7.  

MTP PCS combats (helikon make repros in the correct cut and pattern)

Mk7 helmet (AC900 is a very good stand in as the Mk7 isn't on surplus)

Mk4 Osprey (which you can get from solo internation with or without pouches)

Pouches mostly seem to be the issued ones nowadays. Comms is still the PRR with the "bowman" headset. 

Clothing wise after market MC, camogrom and ATP stuff does get worn around the depot. Issue is by far the most common though. 95's are still held onto by some of the old lags, they don't like to give up their faded Berghaus Munro's either! MC Camelbak daypacks are very popular, but occassionally I see the abomination of the ABU 3-day pack knocking around. :P  Meindel fox's still very common footwear. Issue pouches are good but allsorts of commercial pouches are used, specifically for small items were there isn't an issued version, ie. multitools, small admins etc.

• 1 month later...

Everyone around here gets an Osprey for afghan.  Chefs, desk jockeys, the lot.

Not to say it's not different at other units, but I'd imagine that sort of policy would be fairly consistent.

I'm pretty sure Osprey is now a theatre specific issue. So everyone deploying on ops gets it and they're starting to roll it out to UK based unit for training use as well.

Archived