Search g&g guns in Hong Kong . It will bring up e hobby Asia about 5 down in the sites that come up . Select e Hobbys site and then click ares on the gun makes on the left of the page and it comes up at the top of the page .used yahoo for my search .

Edited by Baddbaz
  • Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

*slams head onto desk*   Dear Magpul   Please get a company can produce decent internals for your guns (e.g G&P)   Yours Sincerely Anyone who wants to buy your product.

Why sure.     Oh wait, you meant the mod didn't you?

Everything he's posted has been factual, you're really not in any position to instruct anybody to discontinue providing relevant information.  He's also never made claims that PTS are amazing in every

Search g&g guns in Hong Kong . It will bring up e hobby Asia about 5 down in the sites that come up . Select e Hobbys site and then click ares on the gun makes on the left of the page and it comes up at the top of the page .used yahoo for my search .

I found this:

pdr_zps9330210d.jpg

Is this what you refer to, Baz?

If so, the banner depicting the PDR changes upon reloading the screen and is independent of the stock listing on the page.

Got mine this evening and I'm rather happy with the build quality thus far, just need to swap out those pesky tamiyas for some deans, and I'll be away. Got myself some nice 7.4 1300mah lipos that fit perfectly in the grip (this: http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/vp25c2s1300as.html ). Also found a decent solution to the sling mounting, I had an old M16 3 point sling lying around (the one suitable for the solid stock that wraps around the stock) and it works like a charm, nicely holds to the side without trying to flip itself over.

Just need to get it out into the field now. According to LWA it was chrono'ing at 340FPS on 02.gs so its just right for my site limits.

It does NOT show the PDR as an ARES product.  A banner will pop up when viewing various manufacturers though, and 1 of the banners if for the PTS PDR.  The banners rotate from different manufacturers products.  I see no claim on ehobby's site that the PTS PDR has anything to do with ARES. And if ehobby's made an error with this type of claim, it doesn't means it's correct.  Retail websites are full of inaccurate info for any number of reasons.  To base fact is on any retailers info is a bit naïve.

Next time a screenshot will be sufficient, no need for convoluted instruction to try and replicate what you are seeing.   

That's the one . Just found it funny at the time , as every tech I have talked to who has took one apart has said its definatly ares / ares style internals .

with a bit of tweaking and a new motor this gun is definatly skirmishable . But too many niggles to sort out for a gun at this price . The motor is rubbish and does get really hot in use . It dumps 7 to 10 bbs out everytime you do a mag change . And the most annoying thing is the lack of a click when a mag is inserted , I kept tugging at it to make sure it was located .

The feed tube definatly needs polishing up as it has loads of rough residue in it . The gears are typical ares / S&t type gears and the transparent piston is another giveaway to its heritage , as is the microswitch and soldered in motor .

Well there's no weight at all in the front, only thing weighing anything is the flash hider and the battery, neither of which weight much at all, the centre of gravity is around the front of the magwell.

I know everyone keeps mentioning the size of the grip, but doesn't really give any indication of what size their hand is, other than 'normal sized' or large. As a guide, I use Large Oakley SIs and large Mechanix M-Pacts, and my little finger is clear of the bottom of the pistol grip in a comfortable hold.

Very light gun . Dosnt weigh as much as my p90 and definatly no where as heavy as an l85/ type 97b . More the weight of an mp5k / mp7 . Sighting may be a problem if you are using a full face mesh mask as the ris rail is very flat to the top of the gun . It does have a groove down the middle of the ris rail which can sort of be used to aim with . The trigger pull is a two stage affair with a definite notch before you hit auto . No safety on this gun . Either semi or auto are your choices which may be a problem with some sites as auto is not able to be locked off by anything but you're trigger finger feel .

Would be interested to get feedback on battery consumption on the motor as this seems to be the guns worst part . Wiring is ok and very neat .

I had a fondle of one of these at my local store, despite all the nay saying and grumbles I was satisfied (my store kinda hates the fact I can pick fault with almost everything they have) with the compactness, feel and the trigger system/response. The battery is a bit of a fickle thing and I did rage at the presence of tamiya connectors BUT, I didn't see anything that made me think this wasn't worth the cost - I fully expect a Magpul gun to cost a bit more due to the materials involved and the scale of production leading to a higher cost price.

And while there is the 'ugh, ARES' association from a tech perspective (and now, ethical with the China Lake issue), I'd be hard pressed not to consider purchasing one.

Keenly awaiting more shooting/gameplay reports but I didn't see anything that points to it being a 'bad' gun.

Had a play with one in Patrol Base and i raged too when i saw the tamiya connector :s

Edited by Apex

Yeah the centre of gravity issue is a problem.  Front heavy rifles have merit in that its easier to aim and get on target.  As I use an AUG at my "part time work", the slight front heaviness makes it a bit easier to aim than the L85s.  Of course the airsoft AUG in the absence of a steel barrel, is a lot more rear heavy.

For the PDR-C unless there are more weights it will be rather difficult to use.

UPDATE

I took the PDR out for the first time and despite everything I did with it, the trigger was still an epic fail.  It would either fail to fire, or go full auto, or half cycle.

I finally gave up and did what I always do when I run out of ideas: I gave it to the professional.

The tech who many consider the best in HK had guessed my problem even before I said anything.

Apparently it's a common problem that a lot of other PDR owners have been bringing up to him about.  The solution was a MOSFET and tunning of the trigger mechanism.  This eliminated the problem of half cycles and allows the microswtich to trigger with less pressure.  The trigger plate also needs a LOT of lubing.  Also, removing the anti-reversal latch helps as well.

His English was only so so, but basically what he was trying to say is that the design cannot be 100% fixed to work like a P90 or even the fail Tavor.  But it can be made usable.

It will take a few weeks for him to work through it (he has a long queue) but I will update you all about how it goes.

Oh and FYI, Noveske already sold his.  And the PDR has already acquired a sour reputation here as the issues become widely known.  We're a close knit community here so word spreads fast.

• Like 2

UPDATE

I took the PDR out for the first time and despite everything I did with it, the trigger was still an epic fail.  It would either fail to fire, or go full auto, or half cycle.

I finally gave up and did what I always do when I run out of ideas: I gave it to the professional.

The tech who many consider the best in HK had guessed my problem even before I said anything.

Apparently it's a common problem that a lot of other PDR owners have been bringing up to him about.  The solution was a MOSFET and tunning of the trigger mechanism.  This eliminated the problem of half cycles and allows the microswtich to trigger with less pressure.  The trigger plate also needs a LOT of lubing.  Also, removing the anti-reversal latch helps as well.

His English was only so so, but basically what he was trying to say is that the design cannot be 100% fixed to work like a P90 or even the fail Tavor.  But it can be made usable.

It will take a few weeks for him to work through it (he has a long queue) but I will update you all about how it goes.

Oh and FYI, Noveske already sold his.  And the PDR has already acquired a sour reputation here as the issues become widely known.  We're a close knit community here so word spreads fast.

Rubbish, most of them work absolutely fine with a little care and attention. This one is mine;

If you're unlucky enough to have one of the very early ones (like most of you Hong-Kong Early adopters do), then gently reshape the microswitch-actuation plate so that it engages the microswitch a little sooner. I've only had the problem you describe on one unit (Serial number PDA-0093) and annealing the hardened steel plate and lightly bending the end down so that it engaged the microswitch earlier solved the problem 100%

The mag release is the main worry i currently have with this - it is very very stiff and can only be pushed from one side.... some one will come up with a bad leaver type thing for it i hope.

The Mag release loosens up with use and should work from both sides just fine.

Edited by Aod
  • Like 3

ive handled and and fired the PDR, and from what I am reading is that most of you notice things that 70% of airsofters wouldn't care to notice. The gun fires fine, and shoots smoothly. The mag release is not hard at all. In all situations, a soft mag release is bad. Yes, the wall between semi and full isn't perfect but works great once you practice using it. has anyone had any actual internal issues with this gun?

We got in stock, PDA-0093, PDA-0097 (mine) and all the rest were -01xx or higher. We tested all of them when they arrived and only PDA-0093 had the old-style (I suppose) trigger plate which seemed to be causing issues.

Perhaps all you HK guys with issues should go visit Magpul PTS and ask them for a new trigger plate?

ive handled and and fired the PDR, and from what I am reading is that most of you notice things that 70% of airsofters wouldn't care to notice. The gun fires fine, and shoots smoothly. The mag release is not hard at all. In all situations, a soft mag release is bad. Yes, the wall between semi and full isn't perfect but works great once you practice using it. has anyone had any actual internal issues with this gun?

Of the dozen or so that we got in stock, the only one with issues was the one having the trigger-issue that IBMedic had, all the others have been fine, including internally.

Edited by Aod
  • Like 1

We got in stock, PDA-0093, PDA-0097 (mine) and all the rest were -01xx or higher. We tested all of them when they arrived and only PDA-0093 had the old-style (I suppose) trigger plate which seemed to be causing issues.

Perhaps all you HK guys with issues should go visit Magpul PTS and ask them for a new trigger plate?

Of the dozen or so that we got in stock, the only one with issues was the one having the trigger-issue that IBMedic had, all the others have been fine, including internally.

This is extremely helpful info.  I will give my contact at HK PTS a call on this.  I think we deserve at least as much.  Not sure if they will have the new on hand to deliver.

I, and a lot of other HK airsofters would deeply appreciate it if we can get a side by side photo shot of the old vs new trigger plates.

Thanks in advance