No one can decide how satisfied someone else is with their purchase . Its his perogative and if he says 100% that's his own opinion on his gun .

This is not zero one or communist china where you have to disregard someone else's opinions because it Dosnt agree with your own !

• Like 1
  • Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

*slams head onto desk*   Dear Magpul   Please get a company can produce decent internals for your guns (e.g G&P)   Yours Sincerely Anyone who wants to buy your product.

Why sure.     Oh wait, you meant the mod didn't you?

Everything he's posted has been factual, you're really not in any position to instruct anybody to discontinue providing relevant information.  He's also never made claims that PTS are amazing in every

Wait, how's that 100% satisfaction even possible if the tabs broke like that? 

I know for a fact that I wasn't happy or fully satisfied with my Real Sword's folding stock breaking despite how much I think they're awesome. We're all guilty of being overly-loyal to a preferred manufacturer sometimes, but this is going too far. :-/

It only broke because I dropped the poor thing onto solid oak flooring from seven foot in the air, and despite the partially broken tab the gun still holds together perfectly well.

I didn't know anything was broken until I took it apart and checked.

No one can decide how satisfied someone else is with their purchase . Its his perogative and if he says 100% that's his own opinion on his gun .

This is not zero one or communist china where you have to disregard someone else's opinions because it Dosnt agree with your own !

Aod's welcome to be honestly and truly 100% happy with his purchase. I just don't think he is.

There's been a pretty obvious wave of buyer's regret among those people who pre-ordered this and started seeing the first reviews coming through which is understandable, I myself was rather heavily disappointed as I was looking forward to one myself. But when you see the ridiculous gearbox and read the feedback and then start reading nonsense like excuses being made by a magpul employee early on and people claiming that Batch numbers indicate a newer better revision except they turn out to have the same issues, people making the absurd claim that most guns cannot survive a fall of any kind as opposed to coming to the reasonable conclusion that the body is weak, it's pretty easy to tell you're looking at flat out feelings of denial and a defiant search for any cover from the reality that this looks like a typical ARES, a mess.

Pride is the biggest problem with this thread now, too much personal pride involved in the reputation of a gun and that directly harms impartiality in a review section.

Edited by Ginger Chris
  • Like 2

I run my PDRs exclusively on 11.1V 1300mh batteries. Good ROF and trigger timing.

Just wait uscmCorps, if the people in this thread are to be believed, they'll spontaneously fail in your hands, shattering into a thousand pieces while simultaneously giving everyones' grandmother cancer!

Edited by Aod
  • Like 1

Pro-tip for further development work on future products. It's called FEA (or finite element analysis) and there are many version of the software available. It allows you to simulate and test parts under different stresses to determine if a part has a suitable factor of safety and is up to it's intended task.

I'm available for freelance on weekends.

Edited by coolurjets

Except you are the one making the apparently unprovable claim, not me. I simply called you on it.

Ok.  As I say, disagree all you like, that's your entitlement.  If you think I'm wrong then that's what you think.

Arguing about it doesn't do anything to further the review of the PDR.  I also certainly did not claim that "most guns cannot survive a fall of any kind" so less of the words putting in the mouth please.

I run my PDRs exclusively on 11.1V 1300mh batteries. Good ROF and trigger timing.

Which is going to absolutely trash the microswitch trigger. Could always put a mosfet in but for something to have "good" performance and only has space for such batteries you shouldn't have to add  it yourself.

This thread fills me with more and more sadness everyday as I was really looking forward to getting one :(

Although, depending on the available space within the airsoft gun between the casing and the internals, it shouldn't be too difficult of a job to modify the existing molds. Just make the tabs recess a bit deeper in the tooling steel. Less steel on mold equals more polymer on the part.

Any gun run on 11.1 battery's will destroy it trigger contacts faster than if you use a 7.4 battery unless you fit a MOSFET . ! Absolute fact ...

If uscm s gun has held up for 16 months it is a good sign . As ares pistons did have a well documented reputation for failing with 11.1 battery's .

Not all ares guns are bad though , my m4 cqbr custom is coming up for 4 years old and has only had one failure , which was the motor whilst under warranty . Apart from that it has been good as gold . I only run7.4 in it though .

Time will tell with the pdr . It does have a warranty in place so it will either prove itself or magpull will be getting a lot of warranty claims . How they uphold those claims will be the make or break on this model ,

Ran mine exclusively today. Put about 2k rounds through it and had no issues with it not firing in semi auto as others have point led out. Got about 1500 or so rounds from the first 1300mah 7.4v lipo I used and it still had some fight left in it before I changed it out.

Had a few double feeding issues with my newer p mags but when I started using my older pmags with slightly weaker springs I didn't have any. So I put those double feeds down to the mags than the rifle.

Came out on the site chrono at 347FPS so just within my sites limits.

• Like 1

I fired a whole bottle of Blaster .25s through mine today, working well. I'm getting about 50 meters range from it with them.

Was the airfet complicated to fit with the internals being so tight? 

I have fitted one to a p90 and want to give this a go. 

Any advice would be nice. 

Also if anyone is having feeding problems I had to replace the hop rubber. 

Feeding fine now. 

Aod you have changed out most of the internals and your running a mosfet right?

Other than fitting the non-braking AirFet, I just changed the gearset and the motor.

Was the airfet complicated to fit with the internals being so tight? 

I have fitted one to a p90 and want to give this a go. 

Any advice would be nice. 

Also if anyone is having feeding problems I had to replace the hop rubber. 

Feeding fine now. 

I wouldn't say the Airfet was complicated to fit. I just about managed to fit it inside in the supposedly "cavernous" gap between the motor-cage and the piston channel.

I drilled a hole in the side of the casing for the power-in cable, and cut a little channel right at the back for the power-out cable (which I soldered directly to the motor) and the data-cable which I looped around to the switch, needing a short extension.

Edited by Aod

Other than fitting the non-braking AirFet, I just changed the gearset and the motor.

I wouldn't say the Airfet was complicated to fit. I just about managed to fit it inside in the supposedly "cavernous" gap between the motor-cage and the piston channel.

I drilled a hole in the side of the casing for the power-in cable, and cut a little channel right at the back for the power-out cable (which I soldered directly to the motor) and the data-cable which I looped around to the switch, needing a short extension.

Thanks for the advice. 

Just one more question if you will what gear set did you install?  13:1 for version 3?

Sounds like it's running like a dream. 

Mine feels a bit slow. 

UPDATE

I took the PDR out for the first time and despite everything I did with it, the trigger was still an epic fail.  It would either fail to fire, or go full auto, or half cycle.

I finally gave up and did what I always do when I run out of ideas: I gave it to the professional.

The tech who many consider the best in HK had guessed my problem even before I said anything.

Apparently it's a common problem that a lot of other PDR owners have been bringing up to him about.  The solution was a MOSFET and tunning of the trigger mechanism.  This eliminated the problem of half cycles and allows the microswtich to trigger with less pressure.  The trigger plate also needs a LOT of lubing.  Also, removing the anti-reversal latch helps as well.

His English was only so so, but basically what he was trying to say is that the design cannot be 100% fixed to work like a P90 or even the fail Tavor.  But it can be made usable.

It will take a few weeks for him to work through it (he has a long queue) but I will update you all about how it goes.

Oh and FYI, Noveske already sold his.  And the PDR has already acquired a sour reputation here as the issues become widely known.  We're a close knit community here so word spreads fast.

forgive me for being a bit off-topic

IBmedic - wondering if this tech you speak of is the guy at Wargame gear?

Thanks for the advice. 

Just one more question if you will what gear set did you install?  13:1 for version 3?

Sounds like it's running like a dream. 

Mine feels a bit slow. 

ASG Ultimate (made by Lonex) 16:1 except the Bevel gear, because G&G ones are quieter. I've taken Megalomaniac's advice and swapped the armature out for one from an EG1000. Current draw is significantly reduced and trigger response has actually improved, but overall rate of fire has dropped markedly. I'll be okay with the lower rate of fire I suppose, the new trigger response is worth the offset :D

:rolleyes: 

Are you telling me you can't hit something in the torso at 46 meters without aiming devices?

Oh yes, my real steel experiences whilst my millitary service were, that I can not hit a target in man size at a distance of 50 meters with a 9mm Pistol even with iron sights steadily, maybe one of three and so did all my comrades! So with just sighting over the barel I asume to hit nothing, only making some shot noice !

Lance

Edited by lance201
  • Like 1