I resent the notion that I only posted a positive opinion of the PDR because I'm trying to convince myself that it is a good gun because I spent 320 bucks and I'm stuck with it. I actually received a sample of the PDR for free, so to me it doesn't matter if it is great or if it sucked. If I didn't like the gun, if it was a ###### gun, I just wouldn't use it, no loss for me, I didn't pay for it. I happen to think it's awesome. I would have paid full price for it in a heartbeat.

It has been my current go-to gun, using it for 3 or 4 hours of playing every 1 to 2 weekends. I don't know if that is considered heavy use or not, but I have had none of the problems mentioned. It's performance and accuracy are up there with anything else I have (my other go-to gun is a TM Type 89 so I do own a decent gun or two, before anyone accuses me of never handling anything good). Yeah, it's rate of fire isn't up there with my CA M15A4 running an 11.1 lipo, but if I cared, I could upgrade it.

Every time I bring it out, I have folks who are waiting on their pre-orders, or are on the fence about ordering one, come up to me to ask questions about it. I unclip it from my sling, hand it over and say 'go try it out'. Not one person has handed it back unimpressed. Take that for what you will.

Edited by extanker
  • Like 4
  • Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

*slams head onto desk*   Dear Magpul   Please get a company can produce decent internals for your guns (e.g G&P)   Yours Sincerely Anyone who wants to buy your product.

Why sure.     Oh wait, you meant the mod didn't you?

Everything he's posted has been factual, you're really not in any position to instruct anybody to discontinue providing relevant information.  He's also never made claims that PTS are amazing in every

The Real Sword SVDs did have a design fault straight from factory. The tappet plates in the 1st version failed enough that they decided to redesign them for a 2nd version. Mine died on its 3rd shot, was repaired under warranty but who knows when it will go again. On the 2nd version they also got around to addressing the problem of single shot lock ups.

The tappet plate on the first version was its built in fail point. Was redesigned for the second gen to be its piston as a weak link which happens to be its cheapest gearbox part 8.50 to replace and it comes with a spare one along with a gearset .. When you buy the gun new . An external wiring loom was available for the gen 1 guns as an extra from real sword for unlocking them . On gen 1.5and gen 2 it is a tool that fits in the magwell to unlock them by enabling full auto . Hence the reinforced tappet plate to enable the piston to fail first .

Any semi auto gun will lock up if the battery runs low . Or if you spam the trigger . I would rather have a cheap fail point built in than watch my gears shred expensively . Or not that expensively in the case of real sword spare parts .

Edited by Baddbaz

When I bought the PDR, it was a toss up between the PDR or a Kriss Vector for something different. I've always wanted a Real Sword Type 56-2 and that would have been a better buy, but I didn't want another large gun to hulk about the field. I own a PTS Masada and before I owned one I was growing a fetish for Magpul bits for my M4 or what I have coined as "military tupperware". I was looking for something compact and nearly bought an Ares G36CV. I still think about the Vector especially after the announcement regarding KWA, but I came to the decision that I wanted an AEG that I could share my PMags with and GBB in Scotland can be a problem. I got the chance to pick up a PDR in my local store and was sold at the size and sturdiness. I've not yet had a chance to try it out on the field apart from some outdoor shooting, but what I've experienced so far has not disappointed. The only thing that I have not done is downgrade the spring. I got a call from the company that sold me the gun and they said it was shooting too hot after the chrono. Around 400fps?! A little confused considering most chrono readings I've seen out of the box in videos etc, but I just asked them to leave it as I would change the spring myself. I still need to test it at long range and the hop to see if it suffers from the same problems my Masada did. £320 is steep, but all in all I'm please with my purchase.

I would love to see other members of the forum post pictures of their PDR, but I guess there is a different part of the forum for this.

Has anyone found a suppressor that will fit inside the upper back to the depth the original flash hider does? That gun is crying out for a tracer suppressor for CQB.

Would a KX-3 or other amplifier fit in there without an adapter, if anyone knows?

It should. The PDR has 14mm ccw threading. You might need an extension however. 

Mm. Well, I'm trying to have the amp fit into that cavity in the gun, so it takes about as much space as the stock muzzle device without poking out overly. I guess I'll have to take a look at one in a shop.

Mm. Well, I'm trying to have the amp fit into that cavity in the gun, so it takes about as much space as the stock muzzle device without poking out overly. I guess I'll have to take a look at one in a shop.

Aaahhh I see. Yeah you'll probably need an extension. The Noveske cones are wide. 

I used a thread adapter to use as an extension to my PDR. (Check out my pics on page 15).

I tried MK23 silencer to my PDR again today and it actually fits without using a thread adaptor or extension! Then I checked how my TM tracer would fit and that definitely needed an extension to fit.... if you wants pics I can sort some out for you.

I used a thread adapter to use as an extension to my PDR. (Check out my pics on page 15).

I tried MK23 silencer to my PDR again today and it actually fits without using a thread adaptor or extension! Then I checked how my TM tracer would fit and that definitely needed an extension to fit.... if you wants pics I can sort some out for you.

Actually, thank you that's plenty of information. I have a G&P Mk23 suppressor that I have on hand for comparison; the KX-3 should fit just fine with that in mind.

You'll need an adapter to mount a suppressor. I used this one: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/beta-project-adaptor-for-tactical-ak.html

The minute the ehobbyasia youtube video came out with this on a PDR, they sold out. Need to get one of these my self. Thanks for the pic. I assume you have the holo sight with the laser unit? I have been holding fire for the possible laser/torch pdr addon, it they ever make one.

The minute the ehobbyasia youtube video came out with this on a PDR, they sold out. Need to get one of these my self. Thanks for the pic. I assume you have the holo sight with the laser unit? I have been holding fire for the possible laser/torch pdr addon, it they ever make one.

You're welcome. The laser unit is this one, mounted on a random knockoff sight: http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=480_403_404&products_id=4666

I like the look of it, so I end up swapping it between a couple rifles until I get around to buying more optics...

The tappet plate on the first version was its built in fail point. Was redesigned for the second gen to be its piston as a weak link which happens to be its cheapest gearbox part 8.50 to replace and it comes with a spare one along with a gearset .. When you buy the gun new . An external wiring loom was available for the gen 1 guns as an extra from real sword for unlocking them . On gen 1.5and gen 2 it is a tool that fits in the magwell to unlock them by enabling full auto . Hence the reinforced tappet plate to enable the piston to fail first .

Any semi auto gun will lock up if the battery runs low . Or if you spam the trigger . I would rather have a cheap fail point built in than watch my gears shred expensively . Or not that expensively in the case of real sword spare parts .

Well aware of all that but knowing that the rifle would lock up to the point where they had an optional extra to fix it and then redesigned it is admission of guilt that it was a design fault and so even Real Sword don't always make perfect out of the box guns first time in my experience.

Not sure what your defending here... I do actually love my Real Sword guns regardless of faults. I also love my PDR and accept that most guns I purchase will at some point require amendments/fixes regardless of initial cost.

What I am defending is the initial quality of the product and parts used to construct it when new out of the box . Some guns justify their initial purchase price and some definatly do not ..

None of my real sword guns have ever had any faults or issues at all , my oldest one is 4 yrs old and they all get skirmished at least twice a month . . Easily the best built guns available in the Airsoft world at present .

Edited by Baddbaz