• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

*slams head onto desk*   Dear Magpul   Please get a company can produce decent internals for your guns (e.g G&P)   Yours Sincerely Anyone who wants to buy your product.

Why sure.     Oh wait, you meant the mod didn't you?

Everything he's posted has been factual, you're really not in any position to instruct anybody to discontinue providing relevant information.  He's also never made claims that PTS are amazing in every

I recently handled a PDR an Airsoft Extreme guy brought to Hollywood Sports Park here in Cali. I didn't get to fire it, and I forgot to check the serials, but it seemed very sturdy. The mag catch was much stiffer than I'd imagined, but mags locked in solidly and came out without binding, and it was fairly easy to hit the catch. Apparently it chrono'd 350 while at their shop, but 370 at HSP. I'll chalk it up to variance between chronos, but I'm not looking forward to downgrading a gun with a 10.5'' barrel just to use it in CQB.

I was finally able to get out and play with mine last weekend (serial no. 487 if anyone is curious).

It chrono'd right around 350 (first couple shots were around 360, then it settled between 345-350) and it performed great. I probably put a couple thousand rounds through it and did not experience a single jam. On mine, both the mag release and the two stage trigger feel just right. I had no problems firing semi without slipping into auto. The mag catch doesn't give you much feedback when inserting a mag, but a quick tug after you insert a mag solves any question of the mag being locked in.

I only had a couple minor complaints, but they weren't really performance issues. The gun does not like King Arms PMAG hi-caps. Would not feed more than a few rounds before shooting blanks. I switched to a G&P hi-cap and it fed flawlessly, mag after mag. No problems with any other mags that I tried. Also, after a few hours the lower part of my right hand got a little sore from holding the tiny grip, but not so bad that I had to stop using it.

Strangely, I did have that same broken body tab, but it doesn't have any effect on the assembly or performance of the gun so I got over it.

This is the first time I haven't switched back to my TM Type 89 halfway through the day.

EDIT: Funny thing, the AEX guy I saw was using King Arms highcaps without an issue... odd. He did say the same thing about the grip, but mostly regarding its angle.

Edited by John_234

I think the second batch will be released very soon in HK, if it hasn't already been released.

Still now news on the next batch being released to HK shops... :-( eHobbyasia don't have any yet...

Looks like I'll have to pay a visit to Kwong Wah St to see what I can find out from the shops myself, although I'm not sure if I really want one from the first batch!!??

I'll take that as a compliment

I Take it your Pal's not Irish...

It was supposed to end up saying:

Sound's Like a Right good Nipper for CQB! and  i'm not even a fan of High ROF's!

but my Keyboard's being a *Censored* Thing and neglect's to let me type certain thing's at speed anymore :angry22:

I Take it your Pal's not Irish...

It was supposed to end up saying:

Sound's Like a Right good Nipper for CQB! and  i'm not even a fan of High ROF's!

but my Keyboard's being a *Censored* Thing and neglect's to let me type certain thing's at speed anymore :angry22:

Right you are, He aint  ^_^ 

Its (For me) Perfect, its so *curses* compact and small,

and that makes it better for CQB than my Sidearm.

At the site i'm playing its kinda in the mid to low ROF  ;) .. But .. i Did make it like this to get a faster trigger response for fast tapping, not for going 'Full Retard' :tongue1: 

You sir, need a new keyboard.

Edited by Sandvad86

I am pleased to report that I luckily managed to catch the latest batch released by PTS over the weekend in Hong Kong. Unsurprisingly eHobby have too much of a pre-order list to let any new stock become available for anyone...

But a quick trip to PTS Steel Shop had me secure one of only four they had received that day. There are some still available in Kwong Wah St in HK but I doubt they'll be hanging in the shop windows for long!!

Just wish that PTS make a new torch mount under the barrel soon!

• Like 1

Just going to have to revive this thread for a few questions.

1) What upgrades do you advise (and where would you recommend purchasing them from -im no techie)

2) What company mags is this compatible with (would this work with elite force mags ect)

3) What optic would you recommend?

Was a little confused by this post. At the beginning it was a review and a breakdown of the internals. The middle was full of how sh@te it was and that nobody was going to buy one. The end is full of, when are they re-stocking and I want one nows???

I bought one the other day and am now terrified and confused :nosleep:

I did not buy one purely for the fact of it not being 100% out of the box . It is skirmishable but to realy shine it needs a bit of work put into it . Which = more money .

Have seen modded examples and its not bad at all once the niggles have been sorted ..

What do you think gearbox aside whould be the first things you would do to your PDR?

The reason I ask aside from the gearbox is that I am under the impression that a number of people had a problem with gearbox cracks in Masadas because they were modding it with upgrades the gearbox couldn't handle. This is to be expected from a gearbox that was really meant to stay the way it was. The other thing being the use of 11v over 7.4v Lipos and high torque motors that can add to much stress to the internals.

I'm assuming the PDR would be much the same. It's a shame to think that we will have to wait for another manufacturer to bring out a solid drop in gearbox that can take upgrades without cracking.

http://www.aztecairsoft.com/#!store/c1yws

So what other options do you have other than tight bore barrels. Don't even mention a mosfet