ARES MS338 Sniper Rifle And Upgrades

wilekcmc

This will be my first purchase from Ares and i have heard some bad things about their AEG's, but what about MS338 Sniper Rifle? Is it worth the money and what upgrades should I do right out of the box? I don’t mind spending the money if it’s worth it.

I can only shoot up to 1J being in Japan.

Thanks

One of the lads in the Uni team bought one from a dealer on Rakuten a couple of weeks back. First time he squeezed the trigger, the trigger retention bar came loose. I thought it was just a lemon part, but the whole trigger group was borked. Did not take long to fix down at Baton (in fact they put in some VSR internals), but it was pricey.

I like the looks myself, but if I get one, I'm certain that I'll have to rip out the whole innards and replace.

First my mistake i ordered the bolt action upgrade kit from Ares website, did not mean to miss leading you all. http://www.aresairsoft.com/for%20web%20only/new%20product/SP_BoltAction.jpg

When everything comes in i will post some pics and give my opinion of the gun, I am use to writing about AEGs not spring bolts.

I tried my full Laylax cylinder (spring guide, cylinder and cylinder head with stock spring and piston) and works fine, so regular VSR-10 cylinders are fine, no need of the AW338 one.

I think the first we need it´s a 90º piston sear, then a steel sears... then...

From what the lad at redwolf uk told me on the phone they sent there first batch back to HK because the trigger wasnt catching   due to the 45o sears ,and they were re cut to 90o        

the trigger is the only thing stopping me from spending £430+ ish

If you are in Japan, I still say the most effective way to get this upgraded is to hand it off to a decent airsmith. Baton, Fortress, K2, there are a number of them who have experience of retro-fitting VSR parts for this thing.

If you are in Japan, I still say the most effective way to get this upgraded is to hand it off to a decent airsmith. Baton, Fortress, K2, there are a number of them who have experience of retro-fitting VSR parts for this thing.

I am in Misawa, there's a guy up in Aomori that is a Airsoftsmith, he already knows its coming in and cant wait to see it.

• 2 weeks later...

So based on what I've read so far, it takes regular VSR type cylinders, it takes VSR type hop-up units, and it can be made to take VSR style triggers like the PDI V trigger...

I have one supposedly on the way to me and I have all those parts in VSR-10, I will try to experiment and see what is true or not.

Oh cr...

I don~t know how courius are you if ven I can't wait for it :D

@Frogfis:

I dont think you should replace the trigger mech, it looks like something "zero trigger" like... And can be modified to 90°... May just a short time and will be availabe steel parts for it... 

Archived