ARES MS338 Sniper Rifle And Upgrades

wilekcmc

Will I opened up the 338 today and was somewhat disappointed to see the same parts as those in the 700. The only difference is in the quality of the externals of this sniper rifle. It’s highly recommended to upgrade the internals as soon as you get it and it does have the same problem with the sear at 45 degree instead of at 90 degree. There’s a good review at http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=149315&highlight=Ares+700&page=3 on the 700 and is true with the 338. Here is a picture of the stock internals next to the upgrade parts I ordered.

post-66130-0-09865700-1361692032_thumb.jpg

This slam firing issue has me concerned, this is the third time I've heard of it. A guy on airsoft canada seems to have made the trigger parts out of CNC'd steel, and had a 90degree sear(is that the right part) made, with the cylinder being VSR compatible that means you should be able to swap for a PDI or laylax parts easily enough.

I am thinking of seeing if I can't get the guy to order me some trigger parts too otherwise I think I may try to mod it to fit my V trigger and just use it as a chassis for the VSR system.

Just received a reply from Ares and they totally ignored the problem, here is what they say;

Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:33 PM
To: John "Wile E" Russell
Subject: Re: Fwd: MS338 Slam Firing

Dear John,

Thank you for your opinion we will pass your information out production team.

For your information, we are developing a upgrade trigger set for the MS338, the whole unit will be in steel. Exact release date is not confirmed, but it will be available by this year.

Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 10:30 AM

To: CS Service

Subject: Fwd: MS338 Slam Firing

???????

???: "John \"Wile E\" Russell" <

??: 25 February 2013 10:28:17 AM GMT+08:00

???: <ares@aresairsoft.com>

??: MS338 Slam Firing 

To Whom It May Concern,

On Feb 23rd I received the Ares MS338 from EhobbyAsia, while firing the gun on the second mag full it has started to slam fire on me. After researching the net it turns out the sear was made at a 45 degree angle allowing the piston to slip. Have you made any sears for the MS338 at a 90 degree?

You can contact me at

Very Disappointed,

John Russell

• 4 weeks later...

Well I just got this in from Ehobbyasia, all I have to say is WOW

From: customerservice8 [mailto:customerservice8@ehobbyasia.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:29 PM
To: 'John "Wile E" Russell'
Subject: RE: Others

Dear Sir,

It is a factory fault because the sear dissipate too quickly. But we are sorry that we are unable to offer compensation over this issue.

Best Regards,

eHobbyAsia - CS8JC

www.ehobbyasia.com

lol, what did you expect?

1 its ARES

2 they are in hong kong (im surprised they even replied to your emails)

3 its ARES

action army makes a cheap VSR 10 90º trigger box/piston kit. try picking one up and see how it runs.

PS, what does the trigger box look like on these things? is it exactly the same as the VSR-10? is there room in the body for a larger, more square trigger box?

lol, what did you expect?

1 its ARES

2 they are in hong kong (im surprised they even replied to your emails)

3 its ARES

action army makes a cheap VSR 10 90º trigger box/piston kit. try picking one up and see how it runs.

PS, what does the trigger box look like on these things? is it exactly the same as the VSR-10? is there room in the body for a larger, more square trigger box?

There is no way to use a VSR10 trigger box, if so I would of installed it already. Going to take it to a friend of mine to have a custom sear made.

let me know on those sears, I have been trying to get a CAD model or something to have them made....

Other than that mine shoots beautifully bone stock, sure it takes a bit for BBs to get out there but its accurate and has very good range.

Cons:

-the barrel is not plug and play with the other vsr types has to modify the chamber a little bit

-the piston is not ventillated, should drill some holes

-the piston needs plactic spacers to avoid the the friction of the two metal

i don't see how installing a custom 90º piston sear will work. the 45º sear works by purposely slipping under the piston, the 90º sear in APS2 guns and custom 90º kits for the VSR-10 flips the other direction. you would have to re design the whole trigger box.

Archived