Some kind of pistol carbine

renegadecow

• 1 month later...

I'm preferring the M11 adaption, considered making a rear stock/mounting loop just under the stock retract so you can push the button for stock release. As theres some space there you have serious choice to make the retracting stock mechanism from the M11(which IIRC is quite sturdy anyway) just putting a more solid/comfortable cap on the stock, rather than the  standard wire one. it should make it possible to return it BACK to an M11 after you've done.

You know looking at the original design I'm surprised no-ones mentioned an fitting AEP inside it yet.

G18 or an M10/11 (whichever variant the AEP MAC is), you could probably work up a design for a Skorpion to fit inside it as well.

Extended barrel and a custom LiPo could fit in there with ease. Plus with an AEP you make the new trigger FAR easier to hook up.

@renegadecow Your post reminded me of something I saw recently with regards to a glock bullpup design... Spent a couple of minutes trawling my mind and various websites to find it but take a look at some of the concepts from these crazy peeps: SRU: Strike & Recon Union (I was interested in getting one of their shiny glock slides!)

http://srugbb.wix.com/showroom

In my opinion the trigger design is slightly flawed but hell who cares about that so long as it looks good!!! ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly a bit of a necro-post here, but I was playing around with another project once/if I finish my current one with the MK23 rifle. Came across a Russian made bullpupped air rifle: http://100mairgun.nl/image.axd?picture=leyla+geheel+1.JPG and figured it might make a good pistol carbine to use with a Glock, mostly because they don't have anything mechanical below about 65mm down the grip, unlike the pistol I'm working with at the moment and is causing no end of grief.

Drew up some outlined plans for the stock, turns out that a Glock 17 minus the trigger guard and the grip below 66mm from the frame top would fit perfectly into the outlined space, and allow for a barrel length of about 250mm, with the magazine poking out in an Aug-ish manner, just in front of the curve of the rear stock section.

Here's a picture, to add to the thread in general:

post-22650-0-54317900-1367698887_thumb.jpg

Cheers!

PS: sorry for the image quality, saved it from my cad screen once drawn up.

PPS: The two circles in each of the trigger guard sections are just working lines, imagine them as ovals instead. Also, the entire length of the stock is around 400mm, by 114mm high.

Archived