Ground Zero Weekender 2013

Out of interest why can't you bring a gun down? The lads from Jersey fly over to Guernsey when they come over for the inter island game.

We all ship out with nearly 100 rifles/pistols etc when we come over to GZ on the boat.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of interest why can't you bring a gun down? The lads from Jersey fly over to Guernsey when they come over for the inter island game.

We all ship out with nearly 100 rifles/pistols etc when we come over to GZ on the boat.

According to easyJet they will not accept my guns as it is not part of their policy to do so apparently. However when I looked it was however for all the flights I am looking at I would be paying the cost again to get it in the hold baggage, not worth it in my mind.

I could send something down but it is sorting out the time to send it back up too, if an easier option is there it would be easier to perhaps borrow (I would hire but I have seen the GZ hire guns and in August I would rather be using gas). :P

So part personal preference, part cutting out the hassle.

'FireKnife'

Beat me to it, I was going to say the same thing.

If you break it down into parts and carry in a small bag then it won't appear to be anything gun shaped at all.

You would think so wouldn't you, but sadly what about the mags and the fact that even when broken down into parts if it is stopped (Aberdeen airport seem to love stopping anything, everytime I go through they question my bag) I have to prove what it is. It would be fine if it was say a design that could be broken down but on a pistol that is slide and frame, easily capable of A+B=C etc.

I know it is in the interest of security etc and for the Mall game it was easy to send the pistol down as I would be picking it up from a parents anyway, just here there is too much hassle from here to there. I recall the last time I was stopped with airsoft guns on me (boxed and locked away in a bag) post-VCRA and I don't want my time taken up by that again.

Thanks for the ideas but have looked into that.

'FireKnife'

Well you probably can't blame them after the time they found the three Thai women in your suitcase...

That is true, though to be honest they were bound and gagged so quite how they noticed I don't know. Maybe it is due to the fact that the locals can smell 'non-Aberdonians' a mile off :P.

One of which wasnt even a woman!

Meh, sometimes women can be annoying ;).

Anyway enough with all this talk, I keep trying to work ways around this and they either come up as:

1. Ask to borrow a gun.

2. Buy a gun on the day, use it and then sell it on before I leave.

3. Deal with finding a place or person to send it to, to collect when I arrive.

'FireKnife'

Dude I would happily loan you a gun.

But I'm afraid nothing I own is TM :P

A gun is a gun is a gun is a gun :P.

So long as it isn't M4 shaped (just don't fit well with me, simple as that) then all is good.

Post your gun to the site just don't use parcel farce.

Curlyboy

Well I might, and I say might be able to send one to my uncles as his house is all of 3 miles away from said site. Will have to see.

'FireKnife'

• 1 month later...

For the record, since this is Arnies and not Zero In itself, I thought the following may be of some use to you guys:

- 20 days left to book

- more stuff added to the extended menu from last year, like doughnuts and fajitas

- extra freebies in welcome packs

- 750 players signed up so far

- pistol/shotgun game arranged for Friday

- the Somerley Beer Festival runs on the same weekend adjacent to the site for added entertainment in the evenings

Given the location of this thread, perhaps we should discuss who's going and where to meet in terms of Arnies members, as per the 'public game get-together'?

I'm going, Can't wait!

I've never been, so I wonder what the pistol game is going to done like? I doubt there is a 'village' cqb area is there?

Beer festival + airsoft = sounds like it will be an awesome weekend....

there's a couple of "village" setups, but they are all just a small group of basic wooden huts. not really a CQB proposition. I reckon with more than four people in it it would just be like a circular firing squad.

"The Fort" is pretty CQB, although again not a huge amount of room for any serious numbers before it would turn into an absolute mess game wise.

Also, from what they've been saying, they're trying to hold the pistol games off the main site, so that they don't interfear with the main game.

It'll be interesting to see what they do.

Archived