Ground Zero Weekender 2013

Last years music and stuff was a bit of a cock upo apparantly as although it was sanctioned, it wasn't funded.

It was supposed to be guys doing it out of the goodness of their heart if i recall as CK from the ZIn was organising it. In order to dip my toe back into thhe NAE events i offered to organise a proper weekend of bands and entertainments and stuff provided it was funded as the acts willl all be professionals from an agency i use when organising works functions.

It comes with all the guarantees of good quality acts, they supply everything except a stage, fully insured and if your act cannot make it, a replacement will be there within an hour.

Nobody from Z1 was interested.

When i saw all of the goings on last year about the music and stuff on the forums coupled with me volunteering to do it all properly for this year and all of it falling on deaf ears i rightly or wrongly came to the conclusion that customer satisfaction is not particularly high on their list. £1 added to the ticket prices would have covered all costs and seen a profit.

(i sound like a right old Victor Meldrew don't I? I have just read it all back - nevermind, the point is true and valid)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with music at an Airsoft festival is that you're never going to come close enough to catering to everyone's tastes, as obviously there's no prerequisite taste in music for an airsofter. I think that's the jarring thing if it's your first time and you're used to a certain type of music festival.

Organising myself for the Weekender is really starting to get to me. And not for the first time, the same thing happened last year.

Is anybody else feeling like they've left it too late to sort everything out?

The trouble I'm having is that its already Friday and we leave on Wednesday. That's 5 days! I still have to organise:

- which car we're using

- fuel

- dates, times, routes

- personal kit

- tent

- marquee

- extensive tool kit

- money

- boot sale stuff

- camping gear

- planning for any eventuality

Argh!!!

I've had my kit packed for weeks.

Just about driven the other half mental with the fact that there are fully loaded saddlebags and a rucksack sat on the bedroom floor ready for the trip.

Every day or so I'll write out the route from memory, and double check it against googlemaps, just to be sure I have it committed. ;)

As an update to my last panicked status - my mate Ash has bailed (with no valid reason) on me with just 3 days notice :(

This leaves me to go by my laz to the NAE. To say I'm annoyed is an under statement since I had to ask him, to find that out, so god only knows when he intended to tell me. After having put nigh 6 months of planning into attending the NAE I'm pretty miffed to say the least. I expected something to crop up, but not this.

Putting all that to one side, I've decided not to let him ruin my fun. I'm still taking the time off and I'm still heading down for the weekender. Please note that I'm now going all by myself, so if everyone could be extra friendly to the guy fixing guns in the repairs tent that would be ideal :D

Pretty much all organised here. Got a spreadsheet with all the equipment listed on - as i pack it, I'll be making a note on a print out (with a reference for which bag each item is in).

Got Thursday off work for buying meat and beer, charging batteries and lubing gas guns.

Friday, I'll just have to do a top - up charge on some batteries, sling it all in the car and head our - at least that's the plan

I'll be by to say hello to lonely Kenworth :) . As for packing I went out camping/shooting/drinking as prep this weekend, so I'll just leave my packed bags by the door all week . Might need some more booze though , but doing all the shopping when we get there as the cars pretty small.

I'm worryingly well organised this year, which bothers me. I'm pretty much packed and there's this "left the hob on" feeling at the back of my head. Oh well, i *know* have guns, batteries, bb's and booze. Anything else is secondary tbh :)

Going shopping to buy enough bacon and eggs for 10 people tonight, toilet paper is on the list. Oh god is it on the list.

There is a nice Sainsburys about a mile away in Ringwood, never understand why people don't shop down there same food and prices and gives you more room in the car.

curlyboy

There is a nice Sainsburys about a mile away in Ringwood, never understand why people don't shop down there same food and prices and gives you more room in the car.

curlyboy

My excuse is that after I fight with my tent, I want to reward myself with a beer straight away ;)

Archived