Ground Zero Weekender 2013

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last time I did a night game was 2006 when the marshals walked around with glow sticks and gave away your position in the dark.

Would not have minded but I had NVG and the ambush was going to be awesome all ruined by quad bike lights and glow sticks.

Curlyboy

My excuse is that after I fight with my tent, I want to reward myself with a beer straight away ;)

Pretty much this. 

Last thing I want to do after a 3-4 hour drive is go shopping. I want to park. Have a beer. Put tent up. Have a beer. Take impressive but cliche'd photo of entire teams guns lined up against the van. Have a beer. Etc.

My favourite part of the weekend was seeing friendly faces.

Loved meeting you down there scorch and it was great to catch you again this year heroshark, no matter how brief/last minute, before I departed from the event early.

I had to duck out because I realised just what effect the event was having on me - I was fixing guns for 14 hours straight on Friday. I didn't realise it was a taking such a toll on me until it was too late. Had my mate not bailed on me it would have been far easier to take breaks, have regular meals and organise myself. As it was, weather took its toll on the marquee and I didn't get anywhere near as much sleep as I needed.

Still well worth it overall, though. Raised some cash for the charity and helped as many players as I could with their weapons.

Archived